+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudanese one said:
Tuesday , anybody has an update from CIC ?

stopped checking ecas . nothing we can do anyway ................. best luck for all of us

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
I got my ATIP report today, so depressing not progress was made on my application since January, 2016, exactly the same report's content that i got back the January , what those CIC officers doing... :mad:
i also had my test in miss.... one day earlier . didnt request ATIP and didnt get DM too
maybe they have transferred my file too . in any case there is nothing we can do except praying and waiting

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
I get to conclusion , that cic officers sent a request as tool to delay our process for 36 month and give them more time to process applications, since I don't see any reason for their request , that become ridiculous. 8)

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
sudanese one said:
I get to conclusion , that cic officers sent a request as tool to delay our process for 36 month and give them more time to process applications, since I don't see any reason for their request , that become ridiculous. 8)
The issue with why CIC gives RQ is that CIC does not know if you really lived in Canada that long, CIC does not record exit from Canada,that is what triggers RQ, I am in the same boat waiting for my oath, good luck to all people waiting

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudanese one said:
Waiting is killing me softly
un update on my case . after 3months ++ , rcd CIT 0520 with lot of written requests under OTHER......
no comment........

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean to say they just updated your ecas for the CIT 0520 which was issued to you already? Or are they sending you additional document requirement?
JJGGG said:
un update on my case . after 3months ++ , rcd CIT 0520 with lot of written requests under OTHER......
no comment........

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO update on e-cas. surprisingly rcd CIT 520 in mailbox after 100 days from TEST . even during interview , CO mentioned to me that he will clear the file after verification with CBSA. most likely , CBSA responded positively and they want to drag further .
they are asking details going before the 4 years period and from my previous employers in ORIGINAL . how can someone get such documents

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
I am planing to withdraw my application and re apply , many people getting processed faster with the new rule , any suggestion,recommendation and advices ?

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might be a pointless question, but has anyone had any success in taking action which prompted CIC to review the file (eg. Letter to the CIC / MP).

I feel quite powerless in this process. I called the call center today (1st time) and they basically told me to call back if I don't hear from CIC in the next two years. I know I'm not the only one stuck in this, but thought I'd ask to see if any action has worked for others in the past.

Since it could be up to two years before anything happens on my file, it might be worth to try anything to see if I can nudge CIC towards taking a look at my file.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
fishbone said:
This might be a pointless question, but has anyone had any success in taking action which prompted CIC to review the file (eg. Letter to the CIC / MP).

I feel quite powerless in this process. I called the call center today (1st time) and they basically told me to call back if I don't hear from CIC in the next two years. I know I'm not the only one stuck in this, but thought I'd ask to see if any action has worked for others in the past.

Since it could be up to two years before anything happens on my file, it might be worth to try anything to see if I can nudge CIC towards taking a look at my file.
There are numerous anecdotal reports that a proper demand for action, explicitly or implicitly a precursor to an application for mandamus, have apparently induced CIC (which is now IRCC) to proceed to the next step. These reports are consistent with official decisions reporting actual cases decided in the Federal Court which confirm that CIC has, on occasion, been ordered by the Federal Court to take action, that is, the Courts have issued Writs of Mandamus in citizenship application cases.

That said, even before August 1, 2014 (when relevant parts of Bill C-24 took effect), the odds of success were clearly not good, not even for those whose applications had been in process for two or three years. That is, against some reports of success, most times there was little or no indication of any acceleration in the timeline.

Now, since August 1, 2014, it appears there is no automatic consideration of an application for a Writ of Mandamus. While I have only seen one officially reported decision directly about this, that decision clearly indicated the PR-applicant in that case was denied leave to obtain review relative to his application for the Writ of Mandamus. Thus, it appears that the removal of the right to appeal, limiting the right of review to making an application for leave to do so, has been interpreted and applied so as to apply to applications for a Writ of Mandamus as well as seeking direct review of an IRCC decision or a Citizenship Judge's decision.

Thus, my sense is that even overt, explicit threats of pursuing Mandamus will not induce IRCC to accelerate its processing of an individual application, with some exceptions (like a case in process for years without any action having been taken on it).

There is no harm in trying. Others have also reported sporadic success by involving the applicant's MP (not usually, but occasionally). The odds of success are low. Which does not indicate your actual timeline. A decision might be made this week or next, the next step soon to follow. Or it may be a long while yet.

We have participants in this forum who are still in process FIVE years after applying. Many are in the three to four year range.

Many others have been reporting timelines of six or eight months, or so, from date of application to date of oath. My own oath, two years ago now, was barely eight months after submitting the application, and others at my ceremony had shorter timelines, while at the same time scores and scores of other applicants had had applications in process for one, two, three, and four plus years, and CIC was reporting a timeline of around two years for routine applications. My impression is that far more are seeing the well-less-than-a-year timeline now, but otherwise there is still widely ranging variations in the timeline, even for routine applications, much more so for non-routine.

Since this topic is about applicants issued CIT 0520, it is about non-routine applications, which do indeed tend to take significantly longer and which can indeed take two plus years. I think this timeline is coming down, is down considerably for many in this situation, but there is no reliable way to forecast how long any particular individual's case is going to take.