+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hope-Judge said:
Hi guys, only try to understand why; on the OP manuals and Decision Makers section Citizenship Grant. They seperated two date: Before June 11, 2015 and On - After. In details of requirements they said before June 11, 2015 applications do not need tax returns, 1460 days, or intend to reside etc. Example my application March 12, 2015. Why officer still want to see tax returns, reside intent such as bills, rental agreement etc. Which work or job task they r working..
For applications made after June 11, 2015, to be eligible for a grant of citizenship the applicant must have complied with Canadian tax filing requirements, and this must be affirmatively declared in the application itself (see current application form at the IRCC/CIC website). This is not pertinent for an applicant who applied in March 2015.

Otherwise however, regardless of whether the application was made before or after June 11, 2015, CRA documents, such as Notices of Assessment, along with others such as T-4s from employers, (as CCanadaa also noted) are evidence tending to show residency in Canada.

Such documents may be requested if the Citizenship Officer assessing the application has questions about whether the applicant met the residency requirement (for applications made prior to June 11, 2015) or was physically present as declared by the applicant (for both pre-June 11, 2015 and later applications).

Fairly straight-forward: tax related documents are indices of activity, presence, or residency in Canada. The absence of tax filings at the least raises some question about where the applicant was living or working.

Similarly as to other documents which could show where the applicant was actually living, including documents reflecting engaging in financial transactions in Canada. Documentation to show rental arrangement for a place of abode is actually very important information; if in Canada, the applicant had to have a place of abode here, so if CIC/IRCC has some question as to whether the applicant really was here, they can ask to see objective proof to show where the applicant was actually living, such as the rental agreement along with proof of payment. Important to not leave gaps in this proof.

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Realy I am feeling sorry about myself I wish I didn't come to Canada in the first place , now I am stuck I can't move because of this endless waiting game.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Well I don't think that c-6 will help our situation, But what's going to happen if the C-6 get approved is a lot of applications become eligible right away and the CIC will have a huge backlog (just like the old times)

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 25, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 26, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 25, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting I got a request on January 6 , 2016 a sent all required document on January 11th

Hope-Judge

Feb 22, 2016
I will send email to help request our Hon. Minister in cabinet. He is my city MP and Hon. Minister.. And i know he is awesome person..Will worth for try....Pray for me guys.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called up CIC as I completed 6 months after giving my knowledge test. They say issuance of CIT 0520 is non routine but they told my MP it was routine. So don't know how these guys are being trained. MP had said I should get a DM by March 21 failing which to contact him again. So waiting for March 21. Screwed up situation.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Called up CIC as I completed 6 months after giving my knowledge test. They say issuance of CIT 0520 is non routine but they told my MP it was routine. So don't know how these guys are being trained. MP had said I should get a DM by March 21 failing which to contact him again. So waiting for March 21. Screwed up situation.
where this march 21 come from ???!!! guess its the cut off one year after application submitted.
i really dont think CIC would care about the declared processing time of one year max ..... Anyway wishing you best of luck and keep us posted .......

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ATIP report says the due date for my Residency eligibility is March 21. So I guess that is where that date came from. This date was conveyed by CIC to my MP. I wish CIC employed some staff to solely browse this portal and its various threads so that they can get an insight into what problems people are facing. I think we would be better qualified to word at their call centre and give reasonable answers.
JJGGG said:
where this march 21 come from ???!!! guess its the cut off one year after application submitted.
i really dont think CIC would care about the declared processing time of one year max ..... Anyway wishing you best of luck and keep us posted .......

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007!!!!
march 21 is around the door.... hope for the best and keep praying .... so do I

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Mine is showing the following under Eligibility Residence, is that due date that you MP was referring to?
ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 2
Created Date: xxxx/xx/xx
Created By: TK03050
Updated Date: xxxx/xx/xx
Updated By: TK03050
UCI: xxxxxxxx
Family Name: xxxxxxxx
Given Name(s): xxxxxxxx
Type: Eligibility - Residencem229
Status Updated By: TK03050
Status Date: 2015/04/14
Assigned By: TK03050