+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
As I said earlier ours is a family application, my wife's decision was made in Sept 2015 so it is oath invite for sure. Cause my ATIP said I was scheduled for hearing so I guess, no hearing now and straight oath. Hope you too get a DM soon and subsequent oath. This is crazy with some of us guys being singled out.
Hey Adrew7007, a decision made was posted on my CIC online account for my PR renewal but nothing yet for the citizenship application, any update from your side?

Thanks,

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too hadn't renewed my family's PRs but just mine as I am planning a vacation in July. I contacted my Mps office and the lady there who did the enquiry on my case was told the same that my criminal security had expired and they were redoing it. It might take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months. Fingers crossed bro.
Jaroddz said:
Hey Adrew7007, a decision made was posted on my CIC online account for my PR renewal but nothing yet for the citizenship application, any update from your side?

Thanks,

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had my Citizenship Test on Jan 17th and they issued me a CIT0520 requesting the following.

1. Photocopies of Passports held
2. Rental References
3. Pay Stubs
4. School Records for Minor Children
5. Notice of Assessments from Canada Revenue Agency
6. Health Claim Records
7. Entry-Exit Records of Movements
8. Banking and Credit Card Information

I have all these except the Entry-Exit Records of Movements
My FOIA records included entries since only since 2013 only and I have appealed the request.

As per the CIT0520 I have to respond within 20 days.
Should I send all the other documentation that I have and explain to them that I am awaiting the complete FOIA records ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Steve

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
.Steve said:
Hi,

I had my Citizenship Test on Jan 17th and they issued me a CIT0520 requesting the following.

2. Rental References
3. Pay Stubs
6. Health Claim Records

My FOIA records included entries since only since 2013 only and I have appealed the request.

Should I send all the other documentation that I have and explain to them that I am awaiting the complete FOIA records ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Steve

HI when was it issued? and which city did you take the test in? How was the interview?
You can explain them and i am sure the understand.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VraiVie said:
HI when was it issued? and which city did you take the test in? How was the interview?
You can explain them and i am sure the understand.
Hi,

I had two entries in US by road and those were not stamped on my passport
Officer was very cool and friendly. He had no issues with anything other than the missing stamps
He told me he would request for additional details at time of interview that occurs after the test
In a few days I received the CIT00520 requesting the 8 items listed

Steve

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Hi,

I had two entries in US by road and those were not stamped on my passport
Officer was very cool and friendly. He had no issues with anything other than the missing stamps
He told me he would request for additional details.....
In a few days I received the CIT00520 requesting the 8 items listed

Steve

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
I too hadn't renewed my family's PRs but just mine as I am planning a vacation in July. I contacted my Mps office and the lady there who did the enquiry on my case was told the same that my criminal security had expired and they were redoing it. It might take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months. Fingers crossed bro.
man, i just check my last December ATIP and i notice that the Criminal security (Status Passed) will expire 02/15/2017 TODAY :mad: :mad: :eek:, do you know hen yours was expired?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No clue bro! Havent asked for ATIP.
Jaroddz said:
man, i just check my last December ATIP and i notice that the Criminal security (Status Passed) will expire 02/15/2017 TODAY :mad: :mad: :eek:, do you know hen yours was expired?

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FOIA update
The appeal has been closed
Results include all my entries/exit Smiley

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Hi,

2. Rental References
3. Pay Stubs
6. Health Claim Records

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Steve
Hi,

can you let us know how many days were you present in Canada before applying for citizenship?

Thanks.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mptocanada said:
Hi,

can you let us know how many days were you present in Canada before applying for citizenship?

Thanks.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz I got a DM again yesterday. Your estimate for security reclearance of 4 to 8 weeks was correct. Its almost 6 weeks since mine got cleared again. So hoping for the oath invite next. Any new developments at your end?
Jaroddz said:

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Jaroddz I got a DM again yesterday. Your estimate for security reclearance of 4 to 8 weeks was correct. Its almost 6 weeks since mine got cleared again. So hoping for the oath invite next. Any new developments at your end?
Congrats brother, I wish you all the best and i hope you will get the oath invite soon, as for me no update still waiting for... don't know anymore what will be next for me but i hope the oath.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hang in there. I guess your security clearance too is being re done. Hopefully it will be oath for you too next.
Jaroddz said:
Congrats brother, I wish you all the best and i hope you will get the oath invite soon, as for me no update still waiting for... don't know anymore what will be next for me but i hope the oath.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013