+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO - ALL PNP APPLICANTS CONNECT HERE (Preparing Package, Apply, AOR, Transfer)

Kevin115

Jun 18, 2015
Hi VictorPapa. You have really good knowledge of CIC system. Some of the information is really useful. I would like to share my timeline.

Here is my timeline:
OOPNP sent on October 23rd, 2014
OOPNP reveived on May 5th, 2015
Sent to CIC on June 9th, 2015
CIC received on June 11th, 2015
AOR waiting
EP waiting

Besides that, I have a question. Could you please help me out?
Right now, I am in a relationship with a girl (study permit holder) to whom I will marry. My concern is how common-law partner works in Canada. Can I live with her for more than 12 consecutive months without notifying CIC? If I cannot, I would prefer to marry her and then add her to my application even that will increase my PR processing time dramatically.

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kevin115 said:
Hi VictorPapa. You have really good knowledge of CIC system. Some of the information is really useful. I would like to share my timeline.

Here is my timeline:
OOPNP sent on October 23rd, 2014
OOPNP reveived on May 5th, 2015
Sent to CIC on June 9th, 2015
CIC received on June 11th, 2015
AOR waiting
EP waiting

Besides that, I have a question. Could you please help me out?
Right now, I am in a relationship with a girl (study permit holder) to whom I will marry. My concern is how common-law partner works in Canada. Can I live with her for more than 12 consecutive months without notifying CIC? If I cannot, I would prefer to marry her and then add her to my application even that will increase my PR processing time dramatically.
My Friend,
As I know, you should tell CIC about your Common-law partner IF you want to add her to your current PR application but if you don't want to include her to your PR application then you don't have to tell CIC your common-law relationship and it is none of their business at all! ;)
As we can see, for PR applications, it will take 6-8 months to get their immigrant visas these days then I suggest you first receive your PR and then you can apply for her as a common-law partner or as a spouse if you marry her. I suggest you, don't add her during your current PR application process because I heard it will cause problem and in the best scenario, it will delay your current application. ;)

Kevin115

Jun 18, 2015
VictorPapa said:
My Friend,
As I know, you should tell CIC about your Common-law partner IF you want to add her to your current PR application but if you don't want to include her to your PR application then you don't have to tell CIC your common-law relationship and it is none of their business at all! ;)
As we can see, for PR applications, it will take 6-8 months to get their immigrant visas these days then I suggest you first receive your PR and then you can apply for her as a common-law partner or as a spouse if you marry her. I suggest you, don't add her during your current PR application process because I heard it will cause problem and in the best scenario, it will delay your current application. ;)

Thank you, ViactorPapa. Your reply really helped me. I will keep my eyes on this thread.

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my EP AOR + UCI number + Payment receipt on 23/June/2015!

My Timeline:

Outland Applicant
Application received by CIO: 07/May/2015
EP AOR + UCI + Payment receipt: 23/June/2015

Total waiting time at CIO level: 47 days.

BloodKnight

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
no additional doc's requested
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
IELTS Request
sent together with the application
File Transfer...
14-08-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
Congratulations Victorpapa!!!

Anoop2308

Jan 6, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I got a question.

Does cic contact your employer to verify that you are still working with the same company?

Thanks

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anoop2308 said:
Hello everyone, I got a question.

Does cic contact your employer to verify that you are still working with the same company?

Thanks
I heard it is possible at Local visa office and after in process stage, they ask for your work letter , pay stabs,... BUT they never contact employers and totally asking for current employment information is rare for PNP applicants. In some special cases they may ask for such a thing. ;)

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
VictorPapa said:
I received my EP AOR + UCI number + Payment receipt on 23/June/2015!

My Timeline:

Outland Applicant
Application received by CIO: 07/May/2015
EP AOR + UCI + Payment receipt: 23/June/2015

Total waiting time at CIO level: 47 days.

Can you check your ECAS ?

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhcanada1 said:
is there any problem to check now
After receiving EP AOR email by applicant, always there is a delay for using ECAS system. CIC always add new EP into ECAS system on Tuesdays then first Tuesday after EP is the first time everybody can use ECAS system.
My EP AOR came on Tuesday @ 7:52PM Sydney NS local time then I have to wait for next Tuesday! ;)