+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO - ALL PNP APPLICANTS CONNECT HERE (Preparing Package, Apply, AOR, Transfer)

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my friends,
As you can see, we have a lot of topics in this site, made for talking about CIO(Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova Scotia) matters but they are made for limited number of applicants. In some of them they have limited the time of apply and for example they are made for applicants who applied and have sent their applications to CIO in specific months like November or December 2014,... And in other ones, they are made for specific PNP programs such as MPNP,...

As we know, after receiving nomination, everybody in PNP program should send application to CIO and this procedure will be alive in the next months/years until the day, CIC decide to change it's policy to receive PNP applications in a new paperless system like their new Express Entry program. Until that day there will be thousands of new PNP applicants, they will go through the same way that others went in the past.

This topic is for ALL PNP applicants, they can come here and share their own experiences or use others experiences about CIO level.

Everybody can talk about any related matter to CIO level from preparation package for CIO until transfer of application to local visa office after receiving XEP AOR.

A point of interest for those who already applied and have sent their packages to CIO, is knowing others timeline and to find out how CIO is working fast these days?! And when will they go to send you your XEP AOR?!
With sharing timelines everybody can provide and get such a valuable information.

I hope this topic could be a permanent place for talking about CIO level for current and future PNP applicants. ;)

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Hi VictorPapa, great idea! There is lots of useful information being shared in all the other topics, but it can be a pain to have to check 10 different threads for timeline sharing and comparing!

My info is this:
BCPNP, Inland.
Received in Sydney, NS on 11th December 2014
XEP AOR on 15th April 2015
EP & UCI AOR on 30th April 2015

Waiting for medical request.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
WOAH, AMAZING THING JUST HAPPENED! :eek:

I got my medical request WHILE I WAS WRITING THAT LAST POST! :p

So here's my update:

BCPNP, Inland.
Medical Request on 7th May 2015

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:

So here's my update:

BCPNP, Inland.
Congratulation my friend! It is a magic of this topic!!! ;) ;D :p :p :p

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quink said:

So here's my update:

BCPNP, Inland.
Can you tell us How many days they specified in their Medical request for your medical result?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30 days. I think that's the standard amount. I have made an appointment but the soonest I can get in is on the 21st May (two weeks away). I'm hoping there might be some cancellations and I can get in sooner, but it sounds like a lot of people are getting requests so the doctors will fill up fast.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Just wondering how could I renew my work visa if I only have a nomination, I'm currently holding a 3 year post graduate work permit, and it's going to expire in July. Will I be getting a year visa extension or a little longer since the processing time for cio is more than 12 months. Thanks in advance. :)

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
My package delivered to CIO, today 07-May-2015 @ 14:27PM Nova Scotia local time.

These days, the waiting time at CIO is about 2 months then I think I will hear good news in about 10 - 15 July! ;)

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tryee said:
Just wondering how could I renew my work visa if I only have a nomination, I'm currently holding a 3 year post graduate work permit, and it's going to expire in July. Will I be getting a year visa extension or a little longer since the processing time for cio is more than 12 months. Thanks in advance. :)
Did you already get your nomination or you are waiting for that?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
VictorPapa said:
Did you already get your nomination or you are waiting for that?

I will be getting it soon. One of the agent just phoned me. Saying my certificate is on the way.

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tryee said:
I will be getting it soon. One of the agent just phoned me. Saying my certificate is on the way.
I think after nomination you can easily renew your work visa because you are a inland applicant and you have a job offer. ;)

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friends,
If you are going to post your package to CIO, I have an important advice for you:

As you noticed, in your nomination letter, they asked you to post your package to this address:

Citizen and Immigration Canada
Provincial Nominee Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 1450
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6K5
CANADA

BUT Couriers like DHL,TNT,... won't accept the above address because it is a PO BOX and they need physical street address!

In this situation you must provide them the physical street address and it is:

Citizen and Immigration Canada
Provincial Nominee Program
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2
CANADA

That's it! It will save you time and you don't need to go and search for that street address in front of post office counter! ;)

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many of applicants prefer to use couriers to send their packages to CIO because they are faster and better than normal post services and it is possible to use their online tracking system to see when exactly a package is delivered to CIO. About this matter I want to share you my experience.

I used DHL courier to send my package to CIO, they picked up my package on Thursday - April, 30th. I could track my package's movement in DHL's online tracking system and it was great until Sunday - May, 3rd and my package reached to Toronto with this message: "Arrived at Sort Facility ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA" at 18:00. It was very fast and it reached Toronto just in 3 days! And then it left Toronto with this message: "Departed Facility in ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA" on the same day at 22:13 but after that the story began!

On May, 4th there wasn't any report and on May, 5th, it reached Nova Scotia with this message: "Arrived at Delivery Facility in NOVA SCOTIA AREA - CANADA" at 9:24Am. OK it was very close to destination and I expected, it could be delivered on the same day but there wasn't anything until 15:58 of May, 6th and they added another message to their tracking system and it was: "Scheduled for delivery as agreed"!!! Then after another day waiting, it finally delivered at 14:27 of May, 7th! It means my package reached Toronto within 3 days and transferred from Toronto to Sydney Nova Scotia (it is 1500Km away and it is only a 2 hours flight) in 4 days! :eek:
When I checked to find the reason of that strange delivery then I could find an interesting result!

DHL itself isn't active in Nova Scotia and it hand over all packages to another courier "Loomis Express" to deliver them and that was the reason of delay and strange delivery of my package.

I found this topic inside our website. You can read others experiences on this matter:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/never-use-dhl-to-send-anything-to-cic-t243569.0.html

Conclusion:
If you are going to send your packages to CIO, you can find a courier that is active in Nova Scotia for preventing further delays and strange delivery!!! ;) :p

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Well done VictorPapa. It's a great idea to share the initial idea on sending/preparing/gathering PNP application to CIC. Also, we can share our timeline from the beginning. Best of luck...

:D

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWCIO said:
Well done VictorPapa. It's a great idea to share the initial idea on sending/preparing/gathering PNP application to CIC. Also, we can share our timeline from the beginning. Best of luck...

:D
Thank you my friend ;)
Yes, this place could be a best source for CIO level news.