+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC will not send AOR Letter!

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Canada Post my Application was delivered 13 February 2014. I didn't get AOR letter and the Ecas shows nothing at all so I called CIC today and the agent told me that there are issues with the Ecas system so it might be delayed. The most strange thing is that she confirmed that my application is on the system but they will not send AOR letter because it should have been sent already and since they didn't then I shouldn't expect one.
Did it happen to anyone else?

MnD

Apr 3, 2014
Dont worry, i have the same situation. They received my application on Jan/27, so far no Ecas and no Letters!!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelshaer said:
According to Canada Post my Application was delivered 13 February 2014. I didn't get AOR letter and the Ecas shows nothing at all so I called CIC today and the agent told me that there are issues with the Ecas system so it might be delayed. The most strange thing is that she confirmed that my application is on the system but they will not send AOR letter because it should have been sent already and since they didn't then I shouldn't expect one.
Your submission is still very recent. You won't be able to log into e-CAS for another couple of weeks. Currently it takes 2/3 months(from the day the app. is received) to be able to access the status of the application on line.
I applied in November 2013, and was only able to access e-CAS in February 2014, and only received AOR/book in March 2014.
You will be fine; you just have to wait, like everyone else.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kelshaer said:
It's too early to have received AOR in the mail.

My application was received December 5th (more than two months before yours) and I didn't receive AOR in the mail until mid March.

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the process is faster now. Check the sheet in my signature.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi kelshaer,
I see in your spreadsheet AOR disappeared column. Does that mean anything significant?

Regards

Chikloo

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi kelshaer,
I see in your spreadsheet AOR disappeared column. Does that mean anything significant?

Regards

Chikloo
The column is for "received line disappeared" from ecas.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, so you were able to see it on-line... That was indeed fast.
Well, the disappearance of the "received" line may be good news; however, don't rely on that too much as even good news can take a while with CIC..

I have seen cases of people that after the received line disappeared their e-CAS no longer worked for a couple of days, but it came back with the line regarding the Test/or Oath ceremony. Hopefully that will be the case for you.

If you want to still read the study guide, here is the on-line version: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/read.asp

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
Oh, so you were able to see it on-line... That was indeed fast.
Well, the disappearance of the "received" line may be good news; however, don't rely on that too much as even good news can take a while with CIC..

I have seen cases of people that after the received line disappeared their e-CAS no longer worked for a couple of days, but it came back with the line regarding the Test/or Oath ceremony. Hopefully that will be the case for you.

If you want to still read the study guide, here is the on-line version: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/read.asp
The sheet is for all year 2014 applicants. In my case, I didn't even get the ecas

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi kelshaer,

Regards

Chikloo
The disappearance of the "received line" used to mean transfer to local office from CIC-Sydney, which meant someone had started to work on your file, and test date was to follow. These days some people still experience that, while others don't.

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC once more. They said that my AOR was sent Yesterday and they sent me the email of their ecas technical support to send them my information so I can see the ecas.
:D

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelshaer said:
I called CIC once more. They said that my AOR was sent Yesterday and they sent me the email of their ecas technical support to send them my information so I can see the ecas.
:D
Great!. Just FYI, the process of citizenship is picking up speed. But not necessarily sending out the AOR.
Also, if the AOR is lost by mail, the CIC will send you an email with an e-copy of the book. It's not that important to have it on hand.

hajir

Jan 12, 2015
what is the phone number for cic Mississauga? I'm a Canadian citizen and i applied for my wife, which she lives in iran, however i didn't receive any letter or any words from cic. i wanted to talk to an agent but i cant find any numbers.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, MnD and KelShaer Submitted their applications in Jan and Feb of 2014. So, they should have received their AOR by now - it's been an year!

MnD and KelShaer, I would suggest that you should do a ATIP request on your respective files. Did they atleast give you an Application Number? If yes, use that in your ATIP request. Also, consider sending a case specific inquiries if you haven't already.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
@desigirltoronto84
It's an year old thread and I believe these guys are completed with it some time around last September.