+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC website login problems? Can you login properly?

A

abdisarockstar

Has anybody tried the solution mentioned above? It’s so so so annoying. Sometimes I give up logging in altogether. Trying 15 times only to see no changes anyway. Should we contact CIC about this?

lafixeta

Jan 27, 2019
It's a corrupt cookies/session issue. Logging from Incognito mode also might not help.
You will need to delete your cookies. In the cycle you will see URL change to http (instead of https) in chrome. Click on that and you will a list "X cookies in use. Just click on this and remove all the cookies for cic and anything related. You should be able to login properly after that.
If you face this issue again, you will need to delete the cookies again, it's just one step.
There are plugins which will help you to do so, but I don't think that's required for this simple or might be too technical for some users.
You saved me from hours of frustration. Thank you.
For other people who have this problem, the solution above works.

Mar 26, 2019
It's a corrupt cookies/session issue. Logging from Incognito mode also might not help.
You will need to delete your cookies. In the cycle you will see URL change to http (instead of https) in chrome. Click on that and you will a list "X cookies in use. Just click on this and remove all the cookies for cic and anything related. You should be able to login properly after that.
If you face this issue again, you will need to delete the cookies again, it's just one step.
There are plugins which will help you to do so, but I don't think that's required for this simple or might be too technical for some users.
Wow. This saved me. Thanks Kunal for sharing this information.

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems when logging in to CIC's site? I logged in and it sends me to the page where it says last login was... and I can change password, security questions, or revoke GC key. When I click, continue, it goes back to the language selection page and when I click login again, it redirects to the language selection page until my session expires then I can log in again but the problem persists.

I'm not sure if they're having maintenance or something but it's been like this since yesterday. I cleared my cache, used different browsers, used a different device, used incognito mode of web browser but it's still the same.
Looks like this issue still persists in 2019. I saw a thread somewhere that recommends logging in and then open a new tap and log in again, while also keeping the first tab logged-in. I tried this and it works! I was able to submit my express entry profile. I'd thought this was a maintenance issue but it was not. Hope this helps!

RS91623A

Jun 18, 2019
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems when logging in to CIC's site? I logged in and it sends me to the page where it says last login was... and I can change password, security questions, or revoke GC key. When I click, continue, it goes back to the language selection page and when I click login again, it redirects to the language selection page until my session expires then I can log in again but the problem persists.

I'm not sure if they're having maintenance or something but it's been like this since yesterday. I cleared my cache, used different browsers, used a different device, used incognito mode of web browser but it's still the same.
Can anyone help here as i couldnt build an express entry profile as after login its again coming to the same where where Im asked to login again.

RS91623A

Jun 18, 2019
Looks like this issue still persists in 2019. I saw a thread somewhere that recommends logging in and then open a new tap and log in again, while also keeping the first tab logged-in. I tried this and it works! I was able to submit my express entry profile. I'd thought this was a maintenance issue but it was not. Hope this helps!
Could you please help me the exact steps please? I logged in to session one. kept it open and logged into another tab. but the problem still exists. kindly assist

RS91623A

Jun 18, 2019
I logged in and it sends me to the page where it says last login was... and I can change password, security questions, or revoke GC key. When I click, continue, it takes me to the language selection page and after i select English, it redirects to the page where I'm no longer logged in - ie session expires then I can log in again but the problem persists. its like a loop and i cant build my express entry profile!

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
I logged in and it sends me to the page where it says last login was... and I can change password, security questions, or revoke GC key. When I click, continue, it takes me to the language selection page and after i select English, it redirects to the page where I'm no longer logged in - ie session expires then I can log in again but the problem persists. its like a loop and i cant build my express entry profile!
First, just log in to your account. When you're logged in, just keep it as is. Second, open a new tab in the same browser and then log in again. This time, you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions, just click accept, and then you'll asked to input answer to your security question. Finally, you'll see your application page. I still need to do this every time I want to view my application. I'm not sure why.

RS91623A

Jun 18, 2019
First, just log in to your account. When you're logged in, just keep it as is. Second, open a new tab in the same browser and then log in again. This time, you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions, just click accept, and then you'll asked to input answer to your security question. Finally, you'll see your application page. I still need to do this every time I want to view my application. I'm not sure why.
Its fine now by its own. But im wondering why not much care from the site owner as this sounds crazy

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Guys, I faced the same issue in Dec 2019. I try to login with GCkey and it takes me back to the language selection page.
So here is the solution, just type https://cic.gc.ca in the address bar which will take you the secure website instead of the not secure one. And from there on you will be able to log in.
Clearing cookies will help but try the URL first.

Reactions: EscoBlades and T365

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Guys, I faced the same issue in Dec 2019. I try to login with GCkey and it takes me back to the language selection page.
So here is the solution, just type https://cic.gc.ca in the address bar which will take you the secure website instead of the not secure one. And from there on you will be able to log in.
Clearing cookies will help but try the URL first.
Worked like a charm!! Saved me hours of frustration! Thank you! This should be the primary fix for this issue before trying to delete cookies.