+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC RESPONSE TO CSE TO ADD NEWBORN

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I just got a letter from CIC and I just had a baby few days back. The letter states, I need to upload the IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, fee and emedical form. But they have just created one upload section. So should I zip and upload all the forms requested? Also they have not asked for photo of the baby, are they not required?>

Tehseen_aslam

Jan 18, 2018
Dears, appreciate if someone can help. Below are my case and the query.
My AOR is 29th Apr. My wife was pregnant so her X-ray was deferred. She delivered a baby boy on 9th August. I would be getting his birth certificate on 3rd September while his passport would take another 2 weeks so approximately it would be 20th September when all documents would be ready. I haven't yet informed CIC about the birth neither I have completed the deferred medical for my wife. The questions are
1- If I inform CIC about the birth of the child after I complete all the documents i.e. 40 days after the birth of the baby, will CIC make an issue of it that I inform them late. Is there any deadline for informing the child's birth. Someone told me its one month but I couldn't find its reference.
2- When should I complete the medical for my wife? I am just curious that if I do it now and they process my application before I announce the baby's birth, they will not allow adding the baby to the application.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
My AOR is 29th Apr. My wife was pregnant so her X-ray was deferred. She delivered a baby boy on 9th August. I would be getting his birth certificate on 3rd September while his passport would take another 2 weeks so approximately it would be 20th September when all documents would be ready. I haven't yet informed CIC about the birth neither I have completed the deferred medical for my wife. The questions are
1- If I inform CIC about the birth of the child after I complete all the documents i.e. 40 days after the birth of the baby, will CIC make an issue of it that I inform them late. Is there any deadline for informing the child's birth. Someone told me its one month but I couldn't find its reference.
2- When should I complete the medical for my wife? I am just curious that if I do it now and they process my application before I announce the baby's birth, they will not allow adding the baby to the application.
No issue in informing late..if they reach you meanwhile then you have to take care of that..wife can do any timr

rohan.budhiraja

Nov 19, 2017
Hello,

This might help all of you who need to add a newborn to your application.

I sent a CSE to add my new baby to my application. My baby was born on november 24 2015 and i submitted my application on december 9 2015 without my new baby because he did not have a Passport at the time.

I sent the CSE on january 12 2016 with Passport, photo, medicals and birth certificate of new baby and received response from CIC today (01-19-2016).

They asked me for the following updated forms: IMM0008 (generic application form for canada) for PA only and IMM5406 (additional family information form) for PA and spouse.

Also they asked for $150.00 CAD processing fee for new child.

I have 7 days to submit all documents on my mycic account.

There is a new place holder for each document in my mycic.

Hope this helps...
Hi,

I am in the similar situation as above. I am expecting my ITA on October 5th”18as per the last draw. I submitted my application in the pool on 22nd September “18, my CRS is 453. My wife is expected to deliver in mid October . So my queries are as below. I would be great full if you are able to assist me in this

1. SHOULD I ACCEPT THE ITA OR NOT BEFORE MY BABY IS BORN ?

2. If I accept the ITA, I will have to submit thgo documents for me and my wife in 60 days. Can I update my EE profile after the baby is born and submit his all documents along with mine ?
3. The documents required for the Baby would be medical (physical only), photograph , birth certificate and passport ?

4. Is there anything else I should keep in my mind before submitting the application ?

Thanks in anticipation !
Regards

Rohan B

Shreeya_K

Jun 15, 2018
I just got a letter from CIC and I just had a baby few days back. The letter states, I need to upload the IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, fee and emedical form. But they have just created one upload section. So should I zip and upload all the forms requested? Also they have not asked for photo of the baby, are they not required?>
I just wanted to know how was your experience? After uploading the documents, in how many days did you get email to submit passports?

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Does CIC ask for additional proof of funds, while adding a new born child, to our PR application after getting COPR ?

Apr 16, 2018
We are also in a similar situation where we had the baby on Jan 5th. We have the birth certificate issued for the baby in a week. However, for the passport, we also need to have the SSN as the kid is born in US. It would take 3 weeks and then we need to apply for passport which would take another 3 weeks. So overall it would take 7-8 weeks to just get all the necessary documents that is 2 months since child birth. We are not sure as when and how we need to inform the CIC as we don't have the passport yet. However, if we wait to inform them then it would be more than 30 days since the child birth. Also, can i go ahead with my wife's pending X-Ray? Do we need to update any information in our CIC portal after X-Ray for my wife? We are not sure as how to proceed, can you please suggest as how to go about the same?

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for this informative discussion. I am the principal applicant and my wife is the dependent. We are adding our newborn to the application.

Regarding the IMM 5406 form- Do we need to fill out two copies of the form IMM 5406? One for the principal applicant and another for the spouse?

When the form is filled and signed by the dependent spouse, does the dependent spouse list herself as the principal applicant in Section A? Will the principal applicant (me) be listed under spouse in her form?

I hope someone can please advise me on this confusing matter.

Thank you in advance!!

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for this informative discussion. I am the principal applicant and my wife is the dependent. We are adding our newborn to the application.

Regarding the IMM 5406 form- Do we need to fill out two copies of the form IMM 5406? One for the principal applicant and another for the spouse?

When the form is filled and signed by the dependent spouse, does the dependent spouse list herself as the principal applicant in Section A? Will the principal applicant (me) be listed under spouse in her form?

I hope someone can please advise me on this confusing matter.

Thank you in advance!!
Hi @Supernova

I'm also filling out IMM0008 and IMM5406 for adding my newborn baby to the PR application. Kindly share your experience if you have completed this process.

IMM0008 - Requires details of principal applicant and all dependents, which is spouse and child in my case (even though spouse is added to PR application already). Is this correct ?

IMM5406 - We should produce two copies of IMM5406, one for me and one for spouse. In spouse's copy, her name will be written in Applicant row. Both our copies will contain child details and our immediate family's details. Should we write the names in native language also, as asked in the form instructions ?

Appreciate your help on this.

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
Hi @Supernova

I'm also filling out IMM0008 and IMM5406 for adding my newborn baby to the PR application. Kindly share your experience if you have completed this process.

IMM0008 - Requires details of principal applicant and all dependents, which is spouse and child in my case (even though spouse is added to PR application already). Is this correct ?

IMM5406 - We should produce two copies of IMM5406, one for me and one for spouse. In spouse's copy, her name will be written in Applicant row. Both our copies will contain child details and our immediate family's details. Should we write the names in native language also, as asked in the form instructions ?

Appreciate your help on this.
Hi,

I have query regarding filling of IMM0008 form.

Ours is express entry Can you please guide me which option I need to select in 1 and 2

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

Appreciate your help on this!

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
Hi,

I have query regarding filling of IMM0008 form.

Ours is express entry Can you please guide me which option I need to select in 1 and 2

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

Appreciate your help on this!
Hi Inder,

Details below.

i) Economic
ii) Skilled Worker

Reactions: Inderjot Rasila

Newbie02

Mar 17, 2019
Hi,
We have the same situation and I need to know if there was any delay in the processing times because of the addition of the new born baby. We finished the six months period and waiting. Thanks alot
Hi,
We have the same situation and I need to know if there was any delay in the processing times because of the addition of the new born baby. We finished the six months period and waiting. Thanks alot
Hi Lola1984,
I am in the same situation as you. We have raised multiple CSE to add newborn but we never get any follow up from CIC guiding us to upload baby documents, what we did is to send baby's birth certificate, passport, proof of fund via the CSE and sent us an email telling us they received the documents and submit them to the department of interest, that's it. it's been over 1 month now and our 6 months period have past as well. we are still waiting. It would be good if you could share your experience with us.
thank you very much.

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi Lola1984,
I am in the same situation as you. We have raised multiple CSE to add newborn but we never get any follow up from CIC guiding us to upload baby documents, what we did is to send baby's birth certificate, passport, proof of fund via the CSE and sent us an email telling us they received the documents and submit them to the department of interest, that's it. it's been over 1 month now and our 6 months period have past as well. we are still waiting. It would be good if you could share your experience with us.
thank you very much.
Did you receive any update from CIC?

I also raised multiple cse to add my husband post aor. They never replied asking for addtioaddi docs.