+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC marked "review required" on my GCMS note, should I send them my explanation?

Sep 1, 2017
Hello to all members,

I got my GCMS note and found out the officer is suspicious about my work experience which I obviously did and attached all the relevant evidentiary documents with my application. the note was updates ( re this concern " on Oct 20, 2017. I have so much to say about this to explain away their concerns but someone told me it is not a good idea to contact them first unless they ask for additional documents or my explanation. my AOR was August 10, 2017. Should I just wait or take any actions? Am I being too impatient? Please help..... Thank you

P.S: I was qualified for both CEC and FSW upon my receipt of ITA. I indicated clearly I would like to apply under FSW but they have put me under CEC on my GCMS. What should I do or can I do to address this issue?

Thank you

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello to all members,

I got my GCMS note and found out the officer is suspicious about my work experience which I obviously did and attached all the relevant evidentiary documents with my application. the note was updates ( re this concern " on Oct 20, 2017. I have so much to say about this to explain away their concerns but someone told me it is not a good idea to contact them first unless they ask for additional documents or my explanation. my AOR was August 10, 2017. Should I just wait or take any actions? Am I being too impatient? Please help..... Thank you

P.S: I was qualified for both CEC and FSW upon my receipt of ITA. I indicated clearly I would like to apply under FSW but they have put me under CEC on my GCMS. What should I do or can I do to address this issue?

Thank you
You should probably wait for them to see what additional documents they really need from you.

What's your background and additional documents status?

And also, what do you think is suspicious about your work experience?

Sep 1, 2017
Thank you so much for getting back to me..

my background check is in progress and my additional document status was initially under review then changed to that " We do not need any additional documents" before I received GCMS.

I worked at the law office during the summer vacation when I was studying Paralegal at the college. they marked like I DECLEARED THE WORK WHILE I WAS ENGAGED IN FULL TIME STUDIES. Also, they said the application I submitted do not demonstrate that I have performed the duties consistent with the lead statement and main duties set out in NOC code I provided under. Everything was explained in details in the letter of explanation I attached with my initial application. I have over 1 year work experience over all but it seemed that they excluded all the above-mentioned work experience then re-calculated it to 10 months in total , then put the ""REVIEW REQUIRED" on the latest note which was Oct 20, 2017.

Its been more than 1 months then I have not heard anything back from them. I asked my previous employer if he was contacted by CIC. He hasn't got back to me yet either. Is CIC going to contact my employer or me if they need more clarification?

Should I just wait a bit longer? It would be 4months on December 10 since I got my AOR. Thank you Kishan !

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you so much for getting back to me..

my background check is in progress and my additional document status was initially under review then changed to that " We do not need any additional documents" before I received GCMS.

I worked at the law office during the summer vacation when I was studying Paralegal at the college. they marked like I DECLEARED THE WORK WHILE I WAS ENGAGED IN FULL TIME STUDIES. Also, they said the application I submitted do not demonstrate that I have performed the duties consistent with the lead statement and main duties set out in NOC code I provided under. Everything was explained in details in the letter of explanation I attached with my initial application. I have over 1 year work experience over all but it seemed that they excluded all the above-mentioned work experience then re-calculated it to 10 months in total , then put the ""REVIEW REQUIRED" on the latest note which was Oct 20, 2017.

Its been more than 1 months then I have not heard anything back from them. I asked my previous employer if he was contacted by CIC. He hasn't got back to me yet either. Is CIC going to contact my employer or me if they need more clarification?

Should I just wait a bit longer? It would be 4months on December 10 since I got my AOR. Thank you Kishan !
Actually the work experience does not count if you are enrolled in full time studies. Your work experience will only counter once you have a confirmation of graduation.

In regards to your duties and NOC, do your duties mentioned match the NOC code's duties which is listed on their website?

They might try to analyse your case and count your points with all the criteria again like your work exp, correct NOC code/duties etc.. and determine whether you are eligible to obtain your PR. There is also a chance that they call your employer and ask you additional documents.

Till then, i'd suggest that you sit tight and wait for them to take their decision.

Let's hope for a positive feedback.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello to all members,
If you are qualified for both, then you are selected to apply for CEC by default. You don't get to choose. In any case, the CEC application is much simpler, I can't think of any good reason to prefer FSW to CEC... unless for some reason, you lacked confidence that your Canadian work experience would be accepted, in which case you could leave it out of your profile (and then you would only qualify for FSW).

Sep 1, 2017
Thank you for getting back to me.
My problem was that, if I am under CEC category, 3 months of my work experience with NOC B was obtained while I was in full time studies. I work at the law office as a legal assistant during the summer vacation. I knew of this issue. When I got the ITA under both, I clearly indicated I would like to apply under FSW. Is there no chance of addressing this to CIC on my own? Aren't they never going to assess me under FSW after all this?

Thank you for your help...

Sep 1, 2017
Just one more question to you ... I knew of this issue. That's Why I clearly indicated in my letter that I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY UNDER FSW. Is there any way I can address this issue to CIC ?? Thank you Kishan !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for getting back to me.
My problem was that, if I am under CEC category, 3 months of my work experience with NOC B was obtained while I was in full time studies.

If the work experience was not eligible, it should not have been included on the profile. Just saying this for future reference and to help others who may have the same confusion.

I work at the law office as a legal assistant during the summer vacation. I knew of this issue. When I got the ITA under both, I clearly indicated I would like to apply under FSW. Is there no chance of addressing this to CIC on my own? Aren't they never going to assess me under FSW after all this?

No, you will be assessed under CEC if your profile indicated at least one year of Canadian skilled work experience.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Just one more question to you ... I knew of this issue. That's Why I clearly indicated in my letter that I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY UNDER FSW. Is there any way I can address this issue to CIC ?? Thank you Kishan !!
You don't get it. Work experience while being a full-time student inside Canada does not count whether you applied under CEC or FSW. So, even if you were evaluated under FSW, these 3 months will not count regardless.
For the other point, it is not an option to tell the officer which program you want to. You can do this before the ITA by making yourself ineligible for CEC (by choosing which work experience you claim, etc.). Good Luck!

Last edited:

vnp3005

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, I got my GCMS not and I’m little confused is it good or bad plz give me suggestion about my note thanks
Eligibility:- Review Required
Security:- not started
Criminality:- not started
Medical:- Passed
I got my aor 18th April 2017 under CEC+LMIA

Last edited:

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hello to all members,

Thank you
What does the actual note say located on the last few pages. There will have note that the analyst wrote down.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hi, I got my GCMS not and I’m little confused is it good or bad plz give me suggestion about my note thanks
Eligibility:- Review Required
Security:- not started
Criminality:- not started
Medical:- Passed
I got my aor 18th April 2017 under CEC+LMIA
It means an officer will need to review your eligibility further to make a decision on your file.

vnp3005

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
It means an officer will need to review your eligibility further to make a decision on your file.
An officer put review required note on 31/05/2017 cpc Ottawa and after that no body open file for review so plz tell me what should I do ?????

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
An officer put review required note on 31/05/2017 cpc Ottawa and after that no body open file for review so plz tell me what should I do ?????
Which part did you see it says review required. If it's on the 2nd page and last few pages where the analyst wrote down detailed reason, you should provide additional doc according to the reason.

vnp3005

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Which part did you see it says review required. If it's on the 2nd page and last few pages where the analyst wrote down detailed reason, you should provide additional doc according to the reason.
First page and last page but there is no additional documentation required