+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Has Asked That I Send My Passport

Shegotmail

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Everyone:

First, I want to say thank you to all the nice, invisible people who held my virtual hand through the process up until this point, see discussions here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/request-letter-and-job-issues.524088/. God bless.

Second, I have a few questions, as usual, to ask:

1. I've sent in my International Passport to the Canadian High Commission through VFS, what do I do next/what are the next steps to take?

2. A few people on here asked for me to tell them how having my POF in two different currencies went. Well, it seems they thought it okay since they've asked for my passport. Or not? Please let me know.

Cheers guys.

FavouredWoman

Nov 23, 2017
Hi Everyone:

First, I want to say thank you to all the nice, invisible people who held my virtual hand through the process up until this point, see discussions here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/request-letter-and-job-issues.524088/. God bless.

Second, I have a few questions, as usual, to ask:

1. I've sent in my International Passport to the Canadian High Commission through VFS, what do I do next/what are the next steps to take?

2. A few people on here asked for me to tell them how having my POF in two different currencies went. Well, it seems they thought it okay since they've asked for my passport. Or not? Please let me know.

Cheers guys.
Hello,
Congrats. See answers to your questions below:
1. Seeing that you are a Nigerian, your passport will be sent to Accra and should expect it back in the next one month or less. First, they will approve your application in CIC account then you will receive a pick up email (PUM) to pick up at VFS. You will receive your passport (s) with visas and COPR for every member of the family in the application. So you don't have to do anything. You can also check Accra forum for more updates
2. Having proof of funds in 2 currencies is a plus for you. So it is okay

Take Care and all the best

Reactions: Shegotmail

Shegotmail

Apr 19, 2017
Hello,
Congrats. See answers to your questions below:
1. Seeing that you are a Nigerian, your passport will be sent to Accra and should expect it back in the next one month or less. First, they will approve your application in CIC account then you will receive a pick up email (PUM) to pick up at VFS. You will receive your passport (s) with visas and COPR for every member of the family in the application. So you don't have to do anything. You can also check Accra forum for more updates
2. Having proof of funds in 2 currencies is a plus for you. So it is okay

Take Care and all the best
Thanks so much. There's an Accra forum here? :) I hope there's a place to eat kenke/dokunu in Calgary? I really like Ghanian food.

Please, can anyone paste a link pointing me to:
1. How I can survive the cold in Calgary (Found out Calgary was colder than Iceland, Moscow and Zurich 3 days ago. I'm so worried)
2. How to get good, cost-effective accommodation close to downtown and \
3. Finding work as a lawyer (I know I have to do the NCA and then the bar. But related work will help)

Thanks guys.

FavouredWoman

Nov 23, 2017
Thanks so much. There's an Accra forum here? :) I hope there's a place to eat kenke/dokunu in Calgary? I really like Ghanian food.

Please, can anyone paste a link pointing me to:
1. How I can survive the cold in Calgary (Found out Calgary was colder than Iceland, Moscow and Zurich 3 days ago. I'm so worried)
2. How to get good, cost-effective accommodation close to downtown and \
3. Finding work as a lawyer (I know I have to do the NCA and then the bar. But related work will help)

Thanks guys.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-applicants-to-cic-accra.67510/page-217
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landed-naija-applicant-please-share-your-experince.56065/