+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC cancels application since FBI report is not provided

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
Sorry about your case. When did you submit your application? Did you apply under fswp or cec? Are you already in Canada? What country did you work in? Answers to these question might give further insight as to how to move forward.
application submitted mar 26

I applied under CEC

I'm already in Canada since 2013 with a closed work permit

I was working with a US NGO based in my home country in Egypt - home based position. So technically I had nothing to do with their office in Egypt. I was employed by the US organization.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakashaka said:
You are still not answering the question. What address did you use for this Organization? I would assume that you put the local address in the country you were working in. i.e Mumbai, India and not Atlanta, USA. If you put that you worked/still working for this company but address shows USA, then I wont be surprised the system assuming you have been in the USA
I think you are right... I did use the organization address in Atlanta and not the one in Egypt but the reason I did that is because I wasn't an employee of Egypt office. My payroll was from USA directly to my bank account in Egypt. Maybe that's the mistake I made, I should have put a note that this was a home base position... but seriously with all the documents and information I have provided including a letter from this employer and letter says I was based in Cairo, Egypt. My 10 years travel history indicates how many times I was in and out the states for short visits!!!

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
If you work history is like this:

Work history

From To Job Title Four digit NOC code Employer/company name Country

xxx xxx xxxx NOC xxxx XXXX USA

Surely the systems will ask you for PCC for USA if the employment period is more than six months. Nowhere from above does it say you were based in Egypt

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
AAlhadka said:
application submitted mar 26

I applied under CEC

I'm already in Canada since 2013 with a closed work permit

I was working with a US NGO based in my home country in Egypt - home based position. So technically I had nothing to do with their office in Egypt. I was employed by the US organization.
So if I get you correct is - NGO is based in Egypt (Cairo I assume), then you worked in your home Country in Egypt. But for some reason you put a USA address really!!! You are suppose to put Egypt Address.. They must have Egypt office and address.
I will give you an example, Canada has international companies from all over the world i.e Shell is headquartered in The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands. But there is Shell Canada, Shell USA etc. If you are employed by Shell Canada and are living in Canada You put the address of Shell Canada where you are employed and not headquarters Holland!!!

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakashaka said:
So if I get you correct is - NGO is based in Egypt (Cairo I assume), then you worked in your home Country in Egypt. But for some reason you put a USA address really!!! You are suppose to put Egypt Address.. They must have Egypt office and address.
I will give you an example, Canada has international companies from all over the world i.e Shell is headquartered in The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands. But there is Shell Canada, Shell USA etc. If you are employed by Shell Canada and are living in Canada You put the address of Shell Canada where you are employed and not headquarters Holland!!!
I know this is an unusual situation, but here is the history. this organization is a US based Organization, I used to work in Egypt Office then moved to a position in the HQ (Atlanta, GA). My contract with Egypt office has been ended and I have the HR letter stated my employment term with Egypt during the period I worked there.

I have been hired by the HQ in the US for a position that is not require the employee to relocate to the state because it was a global position to based "anywhere", but all my HR administration was with the US. I have put the US address while I guess I should have put either my home address or egypt address despite that fact that I wasn't employed by that office.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profK said:
If you work history is like this:

Work history

From To Job Title Four digit NOC code Employer/company name Country

xxx xxx xxxx NOC xxxx XXXX USA

Surely the systems will ask you for PCC for USA if the employment period is more than six months. Nowhere from above does it say you were based in Egypt
I have checked my print out and I have included company name care USA and country Egypt not USA since I wasn't physically working in the US

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
AAlhadka said:
I know this is an unusual situation, but here is the history. this organization is a US based Organization, I used to work in Egypt Office then moved to a position in the HQ (Atlanta, GA). My contract with Egypt office has been ended and I have the HR letter stated my employment term with Egypt during the period I worked there.

I have been hired by the HQ in the US for a position that is not require the employee to relocate to the state because it was a global position to based "anywhere", but all my HR administration was with the US. I have put the US address while I guess I should have put either my home address or egypt address despite that fact that I wasn't employed by that office.
I think you put the address where you performed the Job.
Also am Curious about your short visits to the USA. Do this short visit add up to more than 6 months, i.e one time you come for a month, next maybe two or 3, then over 10 years period when you add it comes to more than 6 months?

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Situations like this underscore the importance of taking your time. People are rushing to get into the pool and in their haste make mistakes in their profiles that sometimes lead to them having to decline their ITAs etc. You only have 60 days to submit a complete application. There's no sense joining the pool and getting an ITA if you cannot make the 60 day deadline. Take your time and get your things in order.
I would add to this make sure you provide explanation to any situation you feel it might be confusing to CIC. Just like in my case, I believe they were confused about my company base and my work base giving that I had a home base position

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakashaka said:
I think you put the address where you performed the Job.
Also am Curious about your short visits to the USA. Do this short visit add up to more than 6 months, i.e one time you come for a month, next maybe two or 3, then over 10 years period when you add it comes to more than 6 months?

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
Police certificate is requested for six or more months in a row.... that's what my CIC letter says. I've never visited for 6 months, short visits never exceeded 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have requested another letter from this employer to clearly state that I have never relocated to USA while performing this job. I'm also planning to photocopy all my old passports and submit with a hope that it will be reopened!

Thanks guys for the support...

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Send Case Specific inquiry with the information you are gathering. Moreso, try and create a new profile today for the 9th draw which might happen tomorrow.

Best of luck

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
from CIC: PCC is six months in a row

The PCs must have been issued in the three months prior to the submission of the e-APR.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Three months prior to the submission? Are you serious? I thought they changed the rules?
They did. It's good for six months in the country you live in, and indefinitely for any country where you obtained the PCC after you left.

But also note that the clear "except for Canada" is no longer there -- my partner and I got RCMP clearance since we have lived in Canada for more than 6 months now.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Its actually six months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
This says 3 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
The PCs must have been issued in the three months prior to the submission of the e-APR.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.