+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC cancels application since FBI report is not provided

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Well CIC seems to have really meant that they would cancel incomplete applications. I just got a letter from CIC stating that they are canceling my application since I did not provide a FBI PCC which is not older than 6 months. Please note I did provide them with a PCC which was about 9 months old and also provided them a letter of explanation along with proof that I have requested for a new PCC in March. CIC seems to have lost it this time. I am obviously going to appeal against this through my lawyer but I wanted to post this so that everyone knows letter of explanations simply do not work. Just send your application only when its complete.

gecordon

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Gustcan said:
Well CIC seems to have really meant that they would cancel incomplete applications. I just got a letter from CIC stating that they are canceling my application since I did not provide a FBI PCC which is not older than 6 months. Please note I did provide them with a PCC which was about 9 months old and also provided them a letter of explanation along with proof that I have requested for a new PCC in March. CIC seems to have lost it this time. I am obviously going to appeal against this through my lawyer but I wanted to post this so that everyone knows letter of explanations simply do not work. Just send your application only when its complete.
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry for you, the appeal may take long time :(

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gustcan said:
Wow. So sorry to read this! Are you currently in the US? Otherwise, even your 9-month one should be good. And - how do you appeal?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Gustcan said:
Sheer disgrace!
Anyone dealing with CIC is doomed.
It just because in the life of normal Canadian who doesn't has to deal with CIC. They are out of public scrutiny.
This is really shameful.
I am sorry to hear this. But, we do appreciate you updating us. I hope it helps everyone else.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
They seem to be trying to reduce the backlog by just rejecting a lot of applications on flimsy pretexts. They will always find some reason to reject an application if they want, no one's application is going to be 100% perfect. Very worrying

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gustcan said:
Sorry to hear this ..When did you submit your application and r u currently in USA ?

if you are not then you can send case specific enquiry saying I left USA long back

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Still in the US. Creating a new profile now - My score is 478 so I am pretty sure I will get another ITA sooner than later.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gustcan said:
Still in the US. Creating a new profile now - My score is 478 so I am pretty sure I will get another ITA sooner than later.

Okay that makes sense... sure you get thats not a big deal for 478 score .. its just matter of 550 CAD

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
This is bad from Cic.. If person has provided previous Fbi report, his application should not be rejected .
Also 550 cad is not small amount thiugh , consider the efforts and time wasted behind the apps.

I am really worried for my case as well . I m in India now , and submitted old PCC but not sure what will happen .. Finger crossed ..

krishna19 said:
Okay that makes sense... sure you get thats not a big deal for 478 score .. its just matter of 550 CAD

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajulita02 said:
This is bad from Cic.. If person has provided previous Fbi report, his application should not be rejected .
Also 550 cad is not small amount thiugh , consider the efforts and time wasted behind the apps.

I am really worried for my case as well . I m in India now , and submitted old PCC but not sure what will happen .. Finger crossed ..
There is always a solution I've seen in forums even after application is cancelled due to incomplete documentation after sending the updated document with case specific enquiry .. CIC reopened the cancelled application .

So if you feel they are going to cancel it ... before you get decision get the latest india PCC since you are in india and send it through case specific enquiry.

I hope they will accept..

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi.. Thanks .. I meant I have old PCC from Fbi .
I left USA nov, 2014 month and my Fbi PCC was around 20-sep-2014.
So do u know if this would be fine ..

Hope everything works for case specific enquiry as well. Thanks

krishna19 said:
There is always a solution I've seen in forums even after application is cancelled due to incomplete documentation after sending the updated document with case specific enquiry .. CIC reopened the cancelled application .

So if you feel they are going to cancel it ... before you get decision get the latest india PCC since you are in india and send it through case specific enquiry.

I hope they will accept..

norppa

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG this makes me so worried! I also submitted without FBI reports providing older certificates and explanations.
I am no longer a US permanent resident, but visited there and stayed for few weeks last year.
I don't know what CIC will think about it....

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
rajulita02 said:
Hi.. Thanks .. I meant I have old PCC from Fbi .
I left USA nov, 2014 month and my Fbi PCC was around 20-sep-2014.
So do u know if this would be fine ..

Hope everything works for case specific enquiry as well. Thanks
Hi, nobody here knows what CIC will do to your file. But, if you are to go by books and don't want to take risk, then your PCC clearly doesn't meet CIC's requirements. It has to have been issued after you left US. But it all depends upon the discretion of IO. If I were you I would get a new one before applying.