+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC cancels application since FBI report is not provided

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profK said:
Send Case Specific inquiry with the information you are gathering. Moreso, try and create a new profile today for the 9th draw which might happen tomorrow.

Best of luck
Thanks for the advice, that's what I will do!

Best of luck to all!!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
shakashaka said:
This says 3 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
The PCs must have been issued in the three months prior to the submission of the e-APR.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.

Some interesting things from the link above

Requirement to submit a complete e-application
In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically, through the applicant’s MyCIC account.

Applications are assessed for completeness upfront. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected [R10] and fees should be refunded to the applicant.

Applicants must undergo upfront medical examinations and submit all required police certificates (PCs) as part of their complete application. In exceptional circumstances, processing offices may be flexible in accommodating these requirements where delays occur outside the control of applicants.

Basically in order to process in 6 months or less they will not send requests for documents or anything if they are missing. Your application will just be rejected and you have to start over.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
That's not right. The software does not automatically determine which countries you need to provide a PCC for. The explanation for the checklist item simply says:
"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you lived for 6 months or more. A police certificateOpens a new window is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record."

You have to work out yourself which countries you need to provide a PCC for.

Also, the completeness check itself is not performed automatically. Once you successfully submit your application, a CIC employee will look at the documents and determine if you have provided the right documents. This is what these guideline are for: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

This is in some ways more concerning to AAlhadka, because it means that a CIC employee was sufficiently confused by his application and decided to decline it.

I agree - I also discovered another reason why they were confused. one of my studies was for 6 months period for which I have went to the US to sit only for the exam. It has never occurred to me to explain that this was a distance study followed by the exams in the States!! My certificate was from a US institute that's why I have mentioned the country US.

I'm trying to submit a Case Specific Inquiry but the system seems with high traffic I couldn't so far!!!