+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC call center number from US.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone - Please tell me how to reach CIC call center number 1 888 242‑2100 from US (specifically from Seattle area). I am not able to reach this number from my home/cell phone. I am prepared to use a calling card if I know which one. When I call from Vancouver, during weekends, the CIC call center number goes through fine - problem is that during weekends I am not able to speak to a representative.

Best
OrangeCounty

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OrangeCounty said:
Anyone - Please tell me how to reach CIC call center number 1 888 242‑2100 from US (specifically from Seattle area). I am not able to reach this number from my home/cell phone. I am prepared to use a calling card if I know which one. When I call from Vancouver, during weekends, the CIC call center number goes through fine - problem is that during weekends I am not able to speak to a representative.

Best
OrangeCounty
+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM.

After waiting for 3 months for my PR card (landed on 18th Feb 2010), I called up the number provided by you and to my surprise the address had apartment # missing. Finally, it is updated and the wait for PR card begins.

Thanks a ton for sharing the "outside Canada #"

Taps

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks for the number PMM .. My situation is that we have receieved the cards for everyone but my spouse... I am trying to reach this number but no luck so far..

Is there any other way or keep trying ... Not worried about being delayed but worried about being beaten up at home .. ;)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rinks25us said:
Thanks for the number PMM .. My situation is that we have receieved the cards for everyone but my spouse... I am trying to reach this number but no luck so far..

Is there any other way or keep trying ... Not worried about being delayed but worried about being beaten up at home .. ;)
1. Tues or Thurs, is the best day, dollar to donuts there is probably a problem with your wife's photos.

jaroos

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for the number, it worked but with a hiccup. After the 2nd option it says transferring to immigration services but then it says the toll free service is not available from your area. In that case simply redial and hit 1,2 and wait for it to say "the call will be transferred to ...", as soon as you hear it, hit 1, 1, 2, 2. The last # is for PR Card Application. So following is the sequence for ease.

1. call +1 613 944 4000
2. hit 1, 2
3. wait for it to say "call will be transferred ..." and then hit 1 or any # on the phone
4. hit 1, 2, 2

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
jaroos said:
Thanks for the number, it worked but with a hiccup. After the 2nd option it says transferring to immigration services but then it says the toll free service is not available from your area. In that case simply redial and hit 1,2 and wait for it to say "the call will be transferred to ...", as soon as you hear it, hit 1, 1, 2, 2. The last # is for PR Card Application. So following is the sequence for ease.

1. call +1 613 944 4000
2. hit 1, 2
3. wait for it to say "call will be transferred ..." and then hit 1 or any # on the phone
4. hit 1, 2, 2
I am outside US but have access to US line through Magicjack. However despite multiple tries I could not get through to the call centre and kept getting the same message that this number could not be accessed from outside Canada. Can someone help who has had success

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
ImmigrantNew said:
I am outside US but have access to US line through Magicjack. However despite multiple tries I could not get through to the call centre and kept getting the same message that this number could not be accessed from outside Canada. Can someone help who has had success
I had the same problem---and jaroos's solution did not work for me---apparently this service now filters calls based on the area code.
I solved this problem by calling +16139444000 through Skype; the call was then successfully transferred to CIC. Maybe I was able to do it because my Skype account still uses caller ID with Canadian area code. I am not sure if it will work with an American caller ID. Unfortunately, you cannot call +18882422100 directly through Skype, even with a Canadian caller ID.

Note that the sequence you have to enter is now different from what people reported here, so it is always better to listen to the menu options. For the same reason, I am not reproducing it here.

goldmary

Nov 1, 2013
OrangeCounty said:

Best
OrangeCounty
Hello Forum members,

I landed on April 19,2014 with my wife and two children.We gave our friend's address as our address to receive our PR cards.We have gone back to U.S in order to return to Canada much later.My friend has received both my PR card and my wife's PR card.However he has not received our children's PR cards.
Please,can somebody give us an e-mail or phone no to contact CIC from U.S?