Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
helloimmigrationworld said:
Hi,
Can you pls have a look in this link, they are asking for originals. I am applying from New Delhi, India.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/citizenship-certificate-for-newborn.aspx?lang=eng

Also please see scenario 3 in this application checklist. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E-2.pdf .

Please help.
You will get the originals back when you apply for citizenship certificate. They will either mail back the originals (except maybe the notarized translated document) with the certificate or in a separate package.

Depending on how far you are away from New Delhi, Mumbai or Chandigarh, is there any way you can apply in person? They will return the originals on site after copying the documents.

Amar ch

Oct 25, 2015
AW23 said:
I submitted my baby proof of citizenship app in January 2013 directly to Sydney Nova Scotia office. and its now been 17 months and havent rcvd it yet. what to do?
I have same issue. Any body can help please what to do now. My child is in Canada on 2 years valid passport. we are still waiting for birth certificate. 2 years pasport about to expire now. If I want to travel out side canada and pasport expire what to do?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amar ch said:
I have same issue. Any body can help please what to do now. My child is in Canada on 2 years valid passport. we are still waiting for birth certificate. 2 years pasport about to expire now. If I want to travel out side canada and pasport expire what to do?
HAs your application for citizenship certificate in progress for almost 2 years?
If so raise that issue with CIC and they will have your certificate sooner than your kids passport expiry date. Meanwhile you can take your case to passport Canada too, They may be able to temporarily extend the validity.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hi,
I am still in a dilemma whether to send the original document (My citizenship certificate and marriage certificate) for my baby's citizenship application. Please provide in out who has already went thru this process.

Thanks

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Dko said:
Ok thanks! Since I'm applying in person in China, what kind of docs or ID do I need to bring to the consulate?
So far I have: my CDN passport, my SIN card, my provincial driver's license, my original CDN citizenship card and certificate. Do I need to translate and notarize my chinese marriage cert(the little red marriage book)? Do I need to translate and notorize my newborn's birth cert from the hospital?

Thank you!

Hello Dko,
I saw you have applied in person, did you carry the original with you, what did you do.

thanks

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
cBert said:
Hello, sorry if this has been posted.

My daughter's citizenship certificate application is all ready to go, and I am going around in circles trying to figure out where to send it! We live in London UK so I know it needs to go to our local consulate/high commission, which is Canada House in Trafalgar Sq, but is there a specific department?

All I have is:
Canada House
Trafalgar Sq
London, UK
SW1Y 5BJ

Envisioning it getting lost in the mailroom...
Hi,
I also want to apply for citizenship certificate for my baby but still not sure whether to send the originals or not. They want few documents in original.

Thanks

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
helloimmigrationworld said:
Hello Dko,
I saw you have applied in person, did you carry the original with you, what did you do.

thanks
Hi there, I haven't actually applied yet since we are expecting our baby first week of November. When I asked the CDN consulate in person, they told me I can show them the originals and they will give them back on the spot. But of course I don't know if that will be the case when I actually do it. I will keep U posted.

JW82

Jun 11, 2015
Hello i have to get a temporary visa for my child who was born in Colombia before January 27 when my wife's visa will expire. Can anyone give me EXACT information on what to do because the embassy only gives vague information?

Desperately seeking an answer

goud

Mar 7, 2008
Dear helloimmigrationworld,

I have applied the Citizenship Certificate for my daughter in the month of May 2015.. Still no update from CIC.

Don't worry... Originals are sent back in registered post.. Apply early.. so.. it will be in the process...

showmanshow

Nov 23, 2015
I'm a naturalized Canadian working oversea. My child was born in Korea this Sept 2015, and we are in the process in applying for his Canadian citizenship certificate. According to the Canada embassy in my area, this will normally takes 6months-1 year, What happens if I need to leave my job and move back to Canada with my child during this 1year process time?

Here some few more concerns/questions hope something can help me with.

1.Can I get him a Canadian limited Validity Passport? how long can he stays in Canada with this passport? and what about health care during his stay in Canada?

2. some people said that the limited validity passport is only for urgent need, will my case meets this requirement (leaving my job to move back to Canada)?

3.My child was born in Korea so he already got a Korea passport, I'm guessing I shouldn't use this passport for him to enter Canada right? since probably he will consider a visitor and maximum can stay on 90 days? just want to confirm.

sorry guys if these questions seem obvious, I'm very new to this.

Thanks all in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
showmanshow said:
1.Can I get him a Canadian limited Validity Passport? how long can he stays in Canada with this passport? and what about health care during his stay in Canada?

2. some people said that the limited validity passport is only for urgent need, will my case meets this requirement (leaving my job to move back to Canada)?

3.My child was born in Korea so he already got a Korea passport, I'm guessing I shouldn't use this passport for him to enter Canada right? since probably he will consider a visitor and maximum can stay on 90 days? just want to confirm.
1. Yes. There is no limit. He will qualify for healthcare with the passport; note that some provinces have wait periods.

2. If you are returning to Canada and the child doesn't have proof of citizenship, then it qualifies.

3. You can use that passport if you want. Standard visitor stay is 6 months. However, without the limited validity Canadian passport, you may have issues getting him healthcare.

showmanshow

Nov 23, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
1. Yes. There is no limit. He will qualify for healthcare with the passport; note that some provinces have wait periods.
Thank you canuck_in_uk, so just to clarify, so my child can stay in Canada as long as he wants with limited validity passport?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
showmanshow said:
Thank you canuck_in_uk, so just to clarify, so my child can stay in Canada as long as he wants with limited validity passport?
Yes. Child can stay as long as he wants as he is Canadian.

JW82

Jun 11, 2015
JW82 said:
Hello i have to get a temporary visa for my child who was born in Colombia before January 27 when my wife's visa will expire. Can anyone give me EXACT information on what to do because the embassy only gives vague information?

Repeat question still need an answer anybody please?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JW82 said:

Repeat question still need an answer anybody please?
Apply for a limited validity Canadian passport based on the citizenship certificate application.