20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
1. Yes

2. It is the same child passport application.

3. Limited passport are usually issued when you have immediate travel plans. So without showing proof of travel plans, they may deny it.

4. It is only issued to those under 2 years old. Once child reaches 2, limited passport is not given.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rochelle M said:
My daughter and I live in the Philippines my daughter is Canadian and hold a Canadian passport she is now 4 yrs old and would now like to study in Canada, However she is only 4 and cannot travel or go by her self as i don't have a visa. If i apply for tourist visa i will be forced to leave while my daughter studies? Pls help on what visa should we apply thanks.
I you want to 'live' in Canada then having a Canadian citizen child does you no favours. Head over to cic.gc.ca and check the relevant immigration streams to acquire PR status. Relying on visitor status extensions is a bad idea cos you will get a couple at best then be asked politely at first to leave.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hi All,
Good day, same old question but want to clear myself. I am reader of the forum and pretty helpful.

I am Canadian citizen by naturalization, wife is a PR. My daughter born in India on Aug 14th, 2015.

For India, first i am planning for her Indian Passport.

For Canada

1. I think i need to apply for Citizenship certificate and after that regular passport. (How long will it take)

2. If i want to plan for immediate travel then temporary passport with in 2 yrs. --------> If i apply from India can i get change the address change after reaching Canada? or Its better take the temporary passport and apply from Inside Canada.

3. Once reach Canada, Apply for OCI from Canada.

Do I have any problem if i dnt tell to Indian govt that, i have Indian passport for her and wait till i get her Canadian citizenship certificate or temporary Canadian passport. Because anyway i need Indian passport for OCI.

Please help if this process is ok.
Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
helloimmigrationworld said:
Hi All,
Good day, same old question but want to clear myself. I am reader of the forum and pretty helpful.

I am Canadian citizen by naturalization, wife is a PR. My daughter born in India on Aug 14th, 2015.

For Canada

1. I think i need to apply for Citizenship certificate and after that regular passport. (How long will it take)

2. If i want to plan for immediate travel then temporary passport with in 2 yrs. --------> If i apply from India can i get change the address change after reaching Canada? or Its better take the temporary passport and apply from Inside Canada.

Do I have any problem if i dnt tell to Indian govt that, i have Indian passport for her and wait till i get her Canadian citizenship certificate or temporary Canadian passport. Because anyway i need Indian passport for OCI.

Thanks
Not sure what advice to give really. Technically your child is Canadian by birth (descent) and thus not allowed to have Indian citizenship since India does not allow dual citizenship.

Since it is complicated when dealing with situation like yours, I can't give any sound advice. I can only suggest to get advice from someone who has gone through the same issue as yours.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

For Canada

Thanks
1. It may take 8-9 months to get a citizenship certificate through the embassy, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp You can apply for a temporary passport at the same time with proof of travel in case you want to leave earlier. I am not sure how long that takes.

2. You can not get a temporary Canadian passport unless you apply for a citizenship certificate first. You just have to let immigration know about your address if you return to Canada.

3. I can imagine that you would have a problem with the Indian govt. if you get an Indian passport for your child who is already Canadian because they don't allow that. A baby does not need a passport before getting OCI. If you have OCI yourself, you just need to give proof of your OCI for your child to get one. A friend of mine did the same.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Thanks Leon for your input.

Yes i have my OCI. So you are suggesting go to Canada and apply for Baby's OCI with my proof and i dnt need a passport for her. Correct?
Can i apply OCI from India?

Thanks
Shouvik

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Leon for your input.

Yes i have my OCI. So you are suggesting go to Canada and apply for Baby's OCI with my proof and i dnt need a passport for her. Correct?
Can i apply OCI from India?

Thanks
Shouvik
You might need to get the Canadian passport before you can apply for the OCI. I am not Indian so I do not know the details but if you start the application process online, I believe they ask about her citizenship and her current passport number as well as a copy of the passport.

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
screech339 said:
1. Yes

2. It is the same child passport application.

3. Limited passport are usually issued when you have immediate travel plans. So without showing proof of travel plans, they may deny it.

4. It is only issued to those under 2 years old. Once child reaches 2, limited passport is not given.
Hello all,
I was wondering if it is an option to do the following:
I am a CDN citizen and wife is chinese national and we are expecting our baby in China early November, can I not get the cert of citizenship for my baby, and let the baby follow my wife to be a chinese national? Also I already submitted the spousal sponsorship for permanent residence for my wife, can I add my baby's info to her application later on after birth?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dko said:
Can I not get the cert of citizenship for my baby, and let the baby follow my wife to be a chinese national? Also I already submitted the spousal sponsorship for permanent residence for my wife, can I add my baby's info to her application later on after birth?
If China allows dual citizenship, go for it.

As the child will be Canadian, you do not add them to the app. Email the VO to let them know of the birth and include a copy of the birth certificate.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dko said:
Hello all,
I was wondering if it is an option to do the following:
I am a CDN citizen and wife is chinese national and we are expecting our baby in China early November, can I not get the cert of citizenship for my baby, and let the baby follow my wife to be a chinese national? Also I already submitted the spousal sponsorship for permanent residence for my wife, can I add my baby's info to her application later on after birth?

Thanks
If you are a naturalized Canadian or born in Canada, your child will automatically be Canadian citizen by descent. However the child may not be able to get Chinese citizenship due to China not allowing dual citizenship.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hi Leon / Any one who applied from India,
Can you pls tell for the new born out side Canada, the application needs original of Baby's birth certificate, Canadian parents citizenship certificate, marriage certificate. My question is do you guys know, when do they return the original? is it mandatory to send all the original they have asked for? or whats the procedure?

Thanks
Shouvik

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Leon / Any one who applied from India,
Can you pls tell for the new born out side Canada, the application needs original of Baby's birth certificate, Canadian parents citizenship certificate, marriage certificate. My question is do you guys know, when do they return the original? is it mandatory to send all the original they have asked for? or whats the procedure?

Thanks
Shouvik
Originals are not needed to apply for citizenship certificate. Photocopies are only needed as documents are not returned.

Canadian Passport do require original documents like Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate. You will get them back when you apply for passport.

walidraymond

Nov 11, 2014
hi all
I m married and my son is 6 years old
I applied for citizenship for my self ony
my question is: when I get the citizenship and my son is not applying (he is with his mother) can I give him later the Canadian nationality?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
walidraymond said:
hi all
I m married and my son is 6 years old
I applied for citizenship for my self ony
my question is: when I get the citizenship and my son is not applying (he is with his mother) can I give him later the Canadian nationality?
You can't give it to him. He can qualify for citizenship after you sponsored him for PR and landed as PR. If he already has PR, then he can apply for citizenship when he is in Canada with you.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
screech339 said:
Originals are not needed to apply for citizenship certificate. Photocopies are only needed as documents are not returned.

Canadian Passport do require original documents like Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate. You will get them back when you apply for passport.
Hi,
Can you pls have a look in this link, they are asking for originals. I am applying from New Delhi, India.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/citizenship-certificate-for-newborn.aspx?lang=eng

Also please see scenario 3 in this application checklist. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E-2.pdf .

Please help.