canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
aman123 said:
My question is can I give birth to my child in Australia and can my new born get Canadian citizenship because I am Canadian citizen??? If new born can get then how many months it take to get Canadian citizenship??

My next question is I ll sponsor my husband and if I go to Australia , this ll effect my husband's sponsorship case or not????
Your child will be Canadian regardless of where s/he is born. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp

As a Canadian, you can be outside Canada while sponsoring your husband but will have to show CIC proof of your intent to return to Canada once the app is processed.

LazyMonkey

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hello everyone. I applied for my 2 years old daughter Canadian citizenship certificate in January 2014, it's in process since March 2014 but nothing happened or changed anything after that. What should I do? My wife case is almost done its decision made and she can get passport request anytime. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LazyMonkey said:
Hello everyone. I applied for my 2 years old daughter Canadian citizenship certificate in January 2014, it's in process since March 2014 but nothing happened or changed anything after that. What should I do? My wife case is almost done its decision made and she can get passport request anytime. Thanks
If your wife gets the passport request and you haven't heard anything yet, you can apply for a facilitation visa or temporary passport for your child based on urgent need to travel as you want to return to Canada when your wife lands as a PR.

Another option would be that your wife does a quick landing before her PR visa expires and comes back and you sit it out together waiting for the citizenship certificate.

LazyMonkey

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Leon said:
If your wife gets the passport request and you haven't heard anything yet, you can apply for a facilitation visa or temporary passport for your child based on urgent need to travel as you want to return to Canada when your wife lands as a PR.

Another option would be that your wife does a quick landing before her PR visa expires and comes back and you sit it out together waiting for the citizenship certificate.
I think my wife will not come without her. How long it's gonna take more for her to get the certificate? It's suppose to be the normal citizenship time like 2 years?

Thanks for the replies.

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hello
I am canadian citizen who was born in karachi,pakistan. I got my citizenship through my father was a naturalized citizen.now my son is born in karachi. Is he entitled to canadian citizenship ?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
maddyd2000 said:
Hello
I am canadian citizen who was born in karachi,pakistan. I got my citizenship through my father was a naturalized citizen.now my son is born in karachi. Is he entitled to canadian citizenship ?
Unfortunately, no.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LazyMonkey said:
I think my wife will not come without her. How long it's gonna take more for her to get the certificate? It's suppose to be the normal citizenship time like 2 years?

Thanks for the replies.
Getting a citizenship certificate should actually be faster but immigration is a big beast and moves slowly sometimes and there is not always much you can do about it. The temporary passport / facilitation visa option is there for such times that you must travel and you don't have the child's citizenship certificate yet.

If you are unable to get the citizenship certificate / temporary passport and your wife already has the PR visa, she must go alone and land before it expires. If she lets it expire, you will be applying to sponsor her again from scratch.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maddyd2000 said:
Hello
No. Immigration changed the rules in 2009 to prevent generations of citizens possibly being born outside Canada and never living in Canada. However, you can sponsor him as well as your spouse for PR if you are moving to Canada yourself. Upon being granted PR, you can apply for his citizenship but your spouse would have to meet the citizenship residency requirements and apply on their own.

LazyMonkey

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Leon said:
Getting a citizenship certificate should actually be faster but immigration is a big beast and moves slowly sometimes and there is not always much you can do about it. The temporary passport / facilitation visa option is there for such times that you must travel and you don't have the child's citizenship certificate yet.

If you are unable to get the citizenship certificate / temporary passport and your wife already has the PR visa, she must go alone and land before it expires. If she lets it expire, you will be applying to sponsor her again from scratch.
Thank you dear.

goud

Mar 7, 2008
Dear Friends,

My Daughter born in India and i am naturalized Canadian citizen and wife PR of canada. I have applied citizenship card for my daughter, i have sent the notary copies of my documents. But, they have sent the application back and requested to send all the original documents like passports, my citizenship card, all medical records. So , last week i re-sent the application with all originals. My Consular location is New Delhi.

I haven't heard anything from them or received any letter, i know its too early to get the acknowledgement letter.

Friends, Anyone applied citizenship card for new born at New Delhi. Any advise or info is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Goud

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hello leon .delighted to see your answer. Can you tell me how i can apply for my sons citizenship after beimg granted pr. Will i have to meet the rule of spending 4 years out of the 6 years rule of staying in canada ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maddyd2000 said:
Hello leon .delighted to see your answer. Can you tell me how i can apply for my sons citizenship after beimg granted pr. Will i have to meet the rule of spending 4 years out of the 6 years rule of staying in canada ?
In order to sponsor your spouse/child for PR, since you are not living in Canada yourself, you must prove to immigration that you intend to move to Canada when they get their PR. You can then sponsor them, they get the PR visa and must land in Canada.

Since you are already a Canadian citizen, you do not have to meet the 4/6 years rule for any reason. Your child must already be PR and you and your child must be living in Canada and then you can immediately apply for citizenship for your child.

As said, your spouse would however have to meet the 4/6 years rule in order to apply for citizenship for themselves.

WiseGuy711

May 30, 2015
maddyd2000 said:
Hello
No, as you were both born outside of Canada. You can however sponsor him and get him a Minor Grant 5(2). But you will have to actually come to Canada ;)

WiseGuy711

May 30, 2015
LazyMonkey said:

Thanks for the replies.
Sorry I read only the last page but let me guess, the child was born outside Canada, is outside Canada and you applied from here isn't ? That's a mistake.

samomair

Apr 5, 2015
Assalam alaikum everyone. I have a question if someone can help me please. I have applied for my daughters citizenship who was born last year in October. It's been only two months since I have applied for her citizenship in Canadian consulate Lahore office and now I want to apply for her limited validity passport, and my question is can I send my daughters limited validity passport application with my wife passport once she gets passport request or I have to apply for my daughters passport at Canadian consulate? Thank you in advance.