canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck_in_uk,

A visitor is meant to go back, to leave Canada. What if they ask me about that at immigration?
I do intend to start sponsorship as soon as I land.

Thank you.
CBSA will know your child is not leaving. If they ask, it is perfectly fine to say you will be sponsoring the child.

Reactions: Lion2807

maverick1

Oct 23, 2019
Hi All

Need help !!

I have a situation as I , my wife and my 11 years old daughter are PR's of Canada ( SINP Nomination ) since 30th Sep'2017. We landed in Sep'17 and after staying in Canada ( Toronto ) till 3rd Nov '17 came back to India.

Now my wife is expecting and the delivery date is in March'19.Request for your inputs and advise on the following scenario.

We were thinking of having the delivery done in India and after that move to Canada in June'20.Wanted to know as to what will be the procedure of taking the child along with us.

Thanks !!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All

Need help !!

I have a situation as I , my wife and my 11 years old daughter are PR's of Canada ( SINP Nomination ) since 30th Sep'2017. We landed in Sep'17 and after staying in Canada ( Toronto ) till 3rd Nov '17 came back to India.

Now my wife is expecting and the delivery date is in March'19.Request for your inputs and advise on the following scenario.

We were thinking of having the delivery done in India and after that move to Canada in June'20.Wanted to know as to what will be the procedure of taking the child along with us.

Thanks !!
You will have to try to get a TRV. If refused you can try and get a TRP. If you get refused for both you one parent will have to go to Canada and sponsor the child usually take 5-11 months. You have already been out of Canada for almost 2 years so you will have to factor in that you must meet your residency obligations. One parent should move to Canada after the birth and start the PR sponsorship part. The parent must remain in Canada during the sponsorship.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
Thank you to see your post. I am at same condition. Did you applied Visitor Visa for your child staying outside Canada?

Reagrds

Selim

Aug 20, 2015
I am Canadian permanent resident since April 2017 but living outside of Canada since then, I am not going to meet number of days residency obligation if I stay outside of Canada after April 2020.

I have a new baby born outside of Canada and he of course doesn't have PR and to get PR for him, what I understood from this thread that we must have to be in Canada physically. If only my wife stays with him, what are the chances to get him PR while I stay outside and keep my family needs fulfilled from my overseas job. I have following questions:

1. Will I loose my PR immediately after April 2020?
2. Will my family along with new child will get the passport without any issue?
3. What will be the options for me afterwards, can my wife sponsor me and I can I get visit via easily?

Thanks in advance!

Sarosh15

Apr 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife planning to start a family. Just wondering how quick is the sponsorship for a new born.

Cheers,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife planning to start a family. Just wondering how quick is the sponsorship for a new born.

Cheers,
Are you already PRs? If so one parent must be in Canada and it can take 5-11 months. Having a child in Canada is much easier and no wait time to receive healthcare which can take up to 3 months after arrival.

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Hi,
Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders. We are Indian citizens but live in Norway right now. Our child was born 3 months ago, outside Canada. We have a few questions about his immigration to Canada.
1. Should we apply for his TRV or TRP?
2. We want to move together to Canada, so should we apply for his sponsorship after reaching Canada?
3. If we want to apply for sponsorship while staying outside Canada, would it be faster to apply from India or Norway(website mentions that processing time varies from country to country)?

We are planning to move back to India in June. If the processing can be faster while staying in Norway, we can extend our stay here.

Thanks a lot in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders. We are Indian citizens but live in Norway right now. Our child was born 3 months ago, outside Canada. We have a few questions about his immigration to Canada.
1. Should we apply for his TRV or TRP?
2. We want to move together to Canada, so should we apply for his sponsorship after reaching Canada?
3. If we want to apply for sponsorship while staying outside Canada, would it be faster to apply from India or Norway(website mentions that processing time varies from country to country)?

We are planning to move back to India in June. If the processing can be faster while staying in Norway, we can extend our stay here.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Doesn't make sense. If you are planning to move back to India in June, your child do not need Canadian PR.

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Doesn't make sense. If you are planning to move back to India in June, your child do not need Canadian PR.
Sorry about the confusion. We are going back to India from Norway and plan to settle in Canada later in this year, around September.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry about the confusion. We are going back to India from Norway and plan to settle in Canada later in this year, around September.
Ah, then you need to plan ahead. Moving in Canada this September might not be possible if the child is not visa exempted. What's the nationality of the child?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The child is a citizen of India.
In that case, try to get TRV or TRP for the child from Norway first. If both failed, one parent will have to move alone to Canada first and send application to sponsor the child.

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
In that case, try to get TRV or TRP for the child from Norway first. If both failed, one parent will have to move alone to Canada first and send application to sponsor the child.
Would it be a good idea to mention in the TRV application that the parents are PR holder and we plan to apply for the child’s sponsorship later?