+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born outside Canada (not US) to Permanent Residents parents

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would it be a good idea to mention in the TRV application that the parents are PR holder and we plan to apply for the child’s sponsorship later?
Be honest is a good idea. You can add that you will apply the TRP if TRV is refused.

Reactions: Ssg41615

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Thanks a lot :)
Hi again!
1. How much time does it usually take to get a TRV? It would be very helpful if you could give approximate time for processing and stamping separately.
2. Is it possible to leave the country of application during this process? If yes, then If the TRV application is approved and the applicant is not in the country from where the TRV was applied, can the applicant get the visa stamp from some other place(country)?
Thank you in advance!

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Be honest is a good idea. You can add that you will apply the TRP if TRV is refused.
Hi again!
1. How much time does it usually take to get a TRV? It would be very helpful if you could give approximate time for processing and stamping separately.
2. Is it possible to leave the country of application during this process? If yes, then If the TRV application is approved and the applicant is not in the country from where the TRV was applied, can the applicant get the visa stamp from some other place(country)?
Thank you in advance!

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Hi,
Need some guidance

I and my wife are Canadian PR living in India and we have a new born baby - Indian citizen, we all want to go together to Canada. I read TRV is our only option,

Is there any other option? Can i use Dual Intent?

Thanks,
LO

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Need some guidance

I and my wife are Canadian PR living in India and we have a new born baby - Indian citizen, we all want to go together to Canada. I read TRV is our only option,

Thanks,
LO
If you all want to travel together, TRV is your only option.

"Dual intent" is not some magic separate thing - it's what makes it possible and hopefully likely for them to issue your kid a visa and let you in despite it being pretty obvious the idea is for the kid to reside permanently. (Dual intent says it's not contradictory to enter on a temporary visa while having the intent of applying for/becoming permanent resident eventually too)

Important note, you'll still need to sort health care for your child, details vary by province.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Need some guidance

Thanks,
LO
Do you meet your RO? If denied a TRV you can also apply for a TRP.

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
If you all want to travel together, TRV is your only option.

"Dual intent" is not some magic separate thing - it's what makes it possible and hopefully likely for them to issue your kid a visa and let you in despite it being pretty obvious the idea is for the kid to reside permanently. (Dual intent says it's not contradictory to enter on a temporary visa while having the intent of applying for/becoming permanent resident eventually too)

Important note, you'll still need to sort health care for your child, details vary by province.
Yes, i will be mentioning about my intent in the TRV application.
Please correct me? Dual intent is same application as TRV? We are just mentioning our intent somewhere? and #dualintent somewhere?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please correct me? Dual intent is same application as TRV? We are just mentioning our intent somewhere? and #dualintent somewhere?
Dual intent is not a separate application or visa. You need to apply for a TRV. If you want, you can mention dual intent in the TRV application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You don't need to mention "dual intent" using those particular words, although you can. Just tell the truth on what your plans are.