i hope not
Passport Req..
dont know when.
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
inshallah
Mehr said:
I am sorry I won't be able to answer your question but what I know, my cousin had nikah on telephone I believe in 2011 , so when he submitted his file he mentioned that he will go to pakistan after a years and will do rukhsati.. N that is what he did.. Went back n did the proper wedding .. And when he came back to Canada he sent all the proves and stuff to CHC.. N then for him it took only 17 months in total N Now his wife is here . What I am saying if you do nikah n then let then know about rukhsati they don't mind and consider it as a regular marriage .. But if you have done only nikah and no visiting at all takes time.. Coz for them it could be a fake one... If you fall in my cousins category then INSHALLAH you will get done thing soon.. INSHALLAH.. The rest ALLAH knows best .. N what I figured out that this system is so complicated that you can not take any ones example.. In the end what is left is just prays and right time...
Humm thank u mehr
We already mentioned in our case that we wanna do our rukhsati in canada not in pakistan
Any how i hope for the best

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Mehr said:
I totally agree with you, and I have all the sympathies for you guys who are waiting for past three years .. This is insane... And I condemn that... But what I explain is the hope.. Which should stay there always.. It's the trust on god.. Who knows every thing and help each and every human on earth regardless of race, religion and color.. My whole speach was just to make every one happy who thinks that thus 29 months will effect thore case.. Again I have all the prays for you
The redt as you said that you are an American Indian , so I can get an idea why this is happening with you .. Before i explain some thing I want you to read this article.. This is one of my best friend story who is here in Canada now and working with me.. I believe you and him have the same issue .. Please read this then you will get an idea
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/10/15/bc-muslimwife.html
Salam and no that's not the problem. My husband had 2 interviews and the Visa Officer at the end said she belived our relationship is genuine. She then said to my husband I quote this from her to him ( Welcome to New Brunswick) I love New Brunswick and that was in December/12. So his medical is done and now were waiting for the finish of Back Ground check then request for PP for the Visa In Sha Allah I pray its soon In Sha Allah

kman

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kman said:
I think it's safe to say there is NO set pattern or guarantee one would get TRV no matter what the reason. With that being said, it's 50/50. No harm in giving a shot especially since it's online now you will hear much sooner.
To add to this, I found this on New Delhi thread:

ammuknn said:
Okay, so I ordered GCMS notes on April 10th, and finally got them today. (Looks like if these people have 30 days, they will wait till the very end to send it.)

I found out a few things. Good news first:
  • Everything regarding our relationship seems to be in order. It says they reviewed our file, supporting documents and photos and the relationship appears to be genuine.
  • They noted that we applied for Temporary Resident Visa and it was refused, but it's not being held against us - I was pretty worried that this might come up as a problem.
  • And the main thing... They had sent PPR to us via email on 2013 Feb 9 (along with AOR)! The due date was set for 2013 March 26. But we never received the email.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Tips for members who are applying for TRV.

Hi Everyone,

If you remember I posted a reply on Nov. 2011 on this topic. I am from Canada and my wife is in Pakistan (please see my initial reply in this topic). I finally applied for her visit visa after through study of instructions and you know what I was surprised to know that SHE GOT THE TRV even without any interview. So now I am in a position to say that do your home work first and do it in such a way that visa officer has to think twice before making a negative decision. Don't be dis-hearted because of the negative comments of other people who are saying that ITS ALMOST IMPPOSIBLE FOR SPOUSE TO GET TRV DURING SPOUSE SPONSOR CASE TIME. I have seen someone applied even 3 times and every time they were rejected, no body is ready to accept the fact that they were not able to satisfy the visa officer IN EITHER OF THREE MAJOR AREAS which help them in issuing or refusing the visa; 1) provide documents 2) explain the purpose of their visit 3) Explaining why they would leave Canada.

Here is how I did my home work. I am trying to explain above three main points which I believe made my wife's application successful:
I took the help of cic's website ( search invitation letter on cic webpage ) to draft an invitation letter. I provided each and every information which they want in the invitation letter. I got this letter notarized from Canada.
I wrote a separate letter to my wife asking her to come to Canada (purpose of visit was quite explanatory in that letter). This was notarized too.
For “A written and signed promise of your financial support”: I did three things, firstly I referred to my Sponsorship Agreement under which I am fully responsible for all her expenses even on TRV (attached the copy) and secondly I drafted an independent affidavit / undertaking clearly mentioning my obligation for her financial needs and support during her visit to Canada. I got it Notarized too and thirdly I explained that I have a good regular salary which is sufficient to support my wife's expenses but I also have C$23,000 in my saving account just to meet any unforeseen expenses during visit.

Purpose of Visit:
If you notice that space in visa application form for the Purpose of visit is very very limited. No one can explain the purpose in few letters, so I simply wrote “Family Visit” in that field but in my invitation letter, I wrote one full paragraph explaining the purpose of the visit.

Why she would leave Canada:
With due apology to all those who are saying they our partner's visit visa was refused during spouse sponsor case processing, I believe most of the people make a big mistake here in this very important section. In order TO SHOW HER TIES IN PAKISTAN, I gave the heading “Why she would leave Canada” and wrote another paragraph in the Invitation Letter explaining that she is a full time student of B.Ed. (attached her last semester result card, current semester fees, and roll number slip for the upcoming exam). I also mentioned that her final semester is in Nov. 2012 and she would be coming back to Pakistan to continue her education. I also mentioned here that we would never ever jeopardize our long term benefit of her legal admittance in Canada as permanent resident over a short term benefit of over stay and assured visa officer that I will update Canadian High Commission Islamabad upon her return to Pakistan with copy of her air tickets, boarding passes, and copy of exit / entry stamps on passport as an update to her immigration case (with reference to Question 25 and 27 of IMM-5490). Sorry to say if you don't explain this important factor, don't expect visa....

Documents attached:
1) copy of my PR card
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
Cool copy of my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga
9) copy of my Sponsorship Agreement (which was signed and attached in spouse sponsor case)
10) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
11) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
12) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
13) her NADRA ID card's copy with certified English translation
14) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
15) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
16) copy of our joint bank account in Pakistan
17) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

Case was submitted through Gerry's Visa Service on 22-Feb and it was delivered in CHC Islamabad on 23-Feb. We finally received emai / SMS notification / call from Gerry's office on 4th May that your passport has arrived. We found visa was stamped and they returned all the documents with the passport. So they took about 72 days to make a decision on the visit visa case.

If someone may need any help in the invitation letter / list of documents attached / affidavit for financial support, I can provide them with the general template which I used. Remember its not guaranteed that if you provide all above documents as per my scheme you will be issued a visa, it all depends on the situation you presented in the papers e.g. purpose of visit: reception in Canada or another honeymoon or wedding anniversary etc. etc. provide all the documents in support of above situation which you presented in the purpose, and then explain in detail why the applicant will leave Canada (if student provide all possible proofs as I did, if working provide letter from employer, approved leaves and rejoining date after leaves, salary slips showing your income and designation and copy of your return ticket showing dates just before your leaves are ending).

I think I have explained the TRV application with ref to my wfie's TRV application, but still anything not yet clear email me or post a reply here and I will try my level best to help you.

rites.of.spring

May 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who dont know- taken from another thread.

Requesting GCMS notes:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

- Easiest and quickest way is to go through the first link on there for "Online Request"
- All you need is that someone from Canada must do it - so you or your spouse, whoever is in Canada, as long as they have a Canadian mailing address, they should make the request.

Note: The IMM 5475 mentioned in the ScorpionKing's post will no longer be accepted. It says so on the website above.
All the information in the other form (IMM 5563 mentioned in the previous post) is entered online, and the payment is also done online as part of this process.

Steps:
1. Download the consent form IMM 5744 (you can find it from the link I posted above). This should be completed by the spouse in India, and the "designated individual" is the spouse in Canada who is requesting the GCMS notes. Check both the boxes in section 4 of the form, and sign it.
2. Initiate the "Online Request" at the top of the link I posted above. Proceed through the application and fill in the information as you go. You used to need to complete form IMM 5563, if you were requesting by mail or email, but with this online request, you don't need it anymore. All the same information is now filled in online.
3. Upload the consent form when it tells you go. If the spouse in Canada is not using a Canadian mailing address, you will also need to upload proof of Canadian residency.
4. It will ask for payment before you can make the final submission. You can use a credit card.
5. Now is the hard part - waiting for a few weeks!

Hope that helps.

Regardsm

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
micmac101 said:
Tracking Numbers for May 15/13

TCS TRACKING # 23009665387 to 23009665437

I pray everyone gets some good news In Sha Allah and I pray Allah helps us all In Sha Allah
curious, what are these for and what do they achieve or help with...

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
lovely123 said:
Well yes zarab mine is nekah only, but my husband came here we had big party nekah , but we cant do our rukhsati here caz our our all family is in canada and usa and we mentioned that in our application too, here in pakistan for whom should. I take my rukhsati ,? Mine and my husband,s family members arent in pakstan
sorry to say but if i am a visa officer than that sounds like a marriage of convenience... since all ur family is not there you wont do rukhsati... (not my opinion, i can understand from our culture's point of view, but they wont)... get ur family to visit u along with ur hubby and get rukhsati ceremony done.... sorry, but that's how things are... or expect major delays... like 1 and a half year the road them telling u to do rukhsati and provide information within 45 days... then you will be in a real limbo as it will be tough to get everyone to where u are within that time frame... do it ahead of time, when they send u the letter requesting additional info in a year's time... u will only have to send evidence.... your uncle/aunt can do it (give away of bride, rukhsati) as your guardians on your parents behalf... its not cumpulsory for them to be there... best of luck...

rites.of.spring

May 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi does your ecas say 'in progress' or 'decision made?' Mine said 'in process' a few weeks ago and changed to 'decision made' a few days later- and i didnt recieve anything from chc islamabad. i have the same timeline as you.

hogaishaadi said:
sorry to say but if i am a visa officer than that sounds like a marriage of convenience... since all ur family is not there you wont do rukhsati... (not my opinion, i can understand from our culture's point of view, but they wont)... get ur family to visit u along with ur hubby and get rukhsati ceremony done.... sorry, but that's how things are... or expect major delays... like 1 and a half year the road them telling u to do rukhsati and provide information within 45 days... then you will be in a real limbo as it will be tough to get everyone to where u are within that time frame... do it ahead of time, when they send u the letter requesting additional info in a year's time... u will only have to send evidence.... your uncle/aunt can do it (give away of bride, rukhsati) as your guardians on your parents behalf... its not cumpulsory for them to be there... best of luck...

lovely123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 oct 2012
AOR Received.
16 nov 2012 , nekah case only
File Transfer...
8 jan 2013 to isl, and on May transfered to uk
Med's Request
Re medical 22 jan and received repcc addional doc and ppr1 in 13 nov
Med's Done....
28 jan
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
dont know when.
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
inshallah
hogaishaadi said:
Thank u hogaishadi

Actually im from afghanistan but im living in pakistan so what i want to ask u is about trv, i have heard from many people saying that visa office doesnt issue visas to afghan people, so is that. True? If u have any idea so plz let me know, caz im thinking to do my rukhsati in canada , and spend eid with my husband too ,

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
hogaishaadi said:
curious, what are these for and what do they achieve or help with...
These are tracking numbers from TCS they pick up and deliver parcels we all just follow the number, place it is going to and also a name perhaps its yours then you know ahead of time to be home in case something is coming your way.

It does nothing but help us who are almost at the end to find out ahead of time if something is coming by TCS from CHC that's it

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
hubby chubby said:
Tips for members who are applying for TRV.

Hi Everyone,

If you remember I posted a reply on Nov. 2011 on this topic. I am from Canada and my wife is in Pakistan (please see my initial reply in this topic). I finally applied for her visit visa after through study of instructions and you know what I was surprised to know that SHE GOT THE TRV even without any interview. So now I am in a position to say that do your home work first and do it in such a way that visa officer has to think twice before making a negative decision. Don't be dis-hearted because of the negative comments of other people who are saying that ITS ALMOST IMPPOSIBLE FOR SPOUSE TO GET TRV DURING SPOUSE SPONSOR CASE TIME. I have seen someone applied even 3 times and every time they were rejected, no body is ready to accept the fact that they were not able to satisfy the visa officer IN EITHER OF THREE MAJOR AREAS which help them in issuing or refusing the visa; 1) provide documents 2) explain the purpose of their visit 3) Explaining why they would leave Canada.

Here is how I did my home work. I am trying to explain above three main points which I believe made my wife's application successful:
I took the help of cic's website ( search invitation letter on cic webpage ) to draft an invitation letter. I provided each and every information which they want in the invitation letter. I got this letter notarized from Canada.
I wrote a separate letter to my wife asking her to come to Canada (purpose of visit was quite explanatory in that letter). This was notarized too.
For “A written and signed promise of your financial support”: I did three things, firstly I referred to my Sponsorship Agreement under which I am fully responsible for all her expenses even on TRV (attached the copy) and secondly I drafted an independent affidavit / undertaking clearly mentioning my obligation for her financial needs and support during her visit to Canada. I got it Notarized too and thirdly I explained that I have a good regular salary which is sufficient to support my wife's expenses but I also have C$23,000 in my saving account just to meet any unforeseen expenses during visit.

Purpose of Visit:
If you notice that space in visa application form for the Purpose of visit is very very limited. No one can explain the purpose in few letters, so I simply wrote “Family Visit” in that field but in my invitation letter, I wrote one full paragraph explaining the purpose of the visit.

Why she would leave Canada:
With due apology to all those who are saying they our partner's visit visa was refused during spouse sponsor case processing, I believe most of the people make a big mistake here in this very important section. In order TO SHOW HER TIES IN PAKISTAN, I gave the heading “Why she would leave Canada” and wrote another paragraph in the Invitation Letter explaining that she is a full time student of B.Ed. (attached her last semester result card, current semester fees, and roll number slip for the upcoming exam). I also mentioned that her final semester is in Nov. 2012 and she would be coming back to Pakistan to continue her education. I also mentioned here that we would never ever jeopardize our long term benefit of her legal admittance in Canada as permanent resident over a short term benefit of over stay and assured visa officer that I will update Canadian High Commission Islamabad upon her return to Pakistan with copy of her air tickets, boarding passes, and copy of exit / entry stamps on passport as an update to her immigration case (with reference to Question 25 and 27 of IMM-5490). Sorry to say if you don't explain this important factor, don't expect visa....

Documents attached:
1) copy of my PR card
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
Cool copy of my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga
9) copy of my Sponsorship Agreement (which was signed and attached in spouse sponsor case)
10) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
11) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
12) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
13) her NADRA ID card's copy with certified English translation
14) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
15) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
16) copy of our joint bank account in Pakistan
17) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

Case was submitted through Gerry's Visa Service on 22-Feb and it was delivered in CHC Islamabad on 23-Feb. We finally received emai / SMS notification / call from Gerry's office on 4th May that your passport has arrived. We found visa was stamped and they returned all the documents with the passport. So they took about 72 days to make a decision on the visit visa case.

If someone may need any help in the invitation letter / list of documents attached / affidavit for financial support, I can provide them with the general template which I used. Remember its not guaranteed that if you provide all above documents as per my scheme you will be issued a visa, it all depends on the situation you presented in the papers e.g. purpose of visit: reception in Canada or another honeymoon or wedding anniversary etc. etc. provide all the documents in support of above situation which you presented in the purpose, and then explain in detail why the applicant will leave Canada (if student provide all possible proofs as I did, if working provide letter from employer, approved leaves and rejoining date after leaves, salary slips showing your income and designation and copy of your return ticket showing dates just before your leaves are ending).

I think I have explained the TRV application with ref to my wfie's TRV application, but still anything not yet clear email me or post a reply here and I will try my level best to help you.

I think this is the excellent post for all the spouses who are gathering documents for trv like me
I have done a lot of homework still few things were missing
after ur post I think now I have a better idea to draft my application
I m applying online
I got my checklist
but I have 2 major concerns
firstly shs is not student not doing job so we can she is dependent on me we can show western union slips of money transfer
secondly I dnt hav a saving account I just have a running account with limited amount
I asked my mp to make a recommadation letter but he refused by saying that in 2012 t4 u must have 30000$ salary but I had 25000$ I told him that I got an increment last moni can show my recent paystubs but he refused
my wife father hav saving account and her mother hav too shoyld they write a letter of support ir affadavit to bear her expenses
Last thing brother
I dnt have letter of explanation to convince vo if u provide a draft letter of explanation for me or for my wife
bunch of thanks
prayers

in love with my hubby

Oct 15, 2012
Visa Office......
OTTAWA /ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 DEC 2011
Doc's Request.
re- pcc on 20 june 2013, chc rec. 18 july 13
File Transfer...
14 FEB 2012
Med's Request
20 june 2013
Med's Done....
3rd july 2013
Passport Req..
alhumdulillah! on 5th nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2013 yeaaaah!!!!
LANDED..........
1rst dec 2013
can any one plz tell me as per my timeline ,shall i apply trv , i hve apllied it for oncelast year also, got refused, niwno hopes alsocuz i have seen cic has left the nov and dec applied casses . and started doing feb and march applied, so unfair.

sabaasad

Apr 2, 2013
HELLO
I have submitted all my doc like police certificate and all the necessary stuff please tell me how much time it will take my case is only nikkah

assassin

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
7/11/2014
Passport Req..
Decision made: Nov 14, passport request 26/2/2015, passport sent on March 2, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2015
Do we need to send negatives with the photos? Also, are the photos need to be attested?