Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Hi everyone,

First time posting here but have been lurking around for awhile.

Have a few questions about the application to sponsor your spouse. I'll start off with some background information first:
- I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Pakistani wife. I came to Canada when I was 5 and we're both 24.
- I was engaged in December 2011 to my wife.
- Completed Biomedical Engineering in May 2012 while my wife got her Masters in Business Administration.
- Went to Pakistan at the end of June 2012 with my family.
- Got married in July 2012.
- My family came back earlier and I stayed until the end of September 2012.
- Found out she was pregnant before I left. We were both really excited.
- Going back to visit her and taking parental leave from work in March 2013.

Here are my questions:
Q1: Regarding question 26 on IMM 5490 (Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire) . It asks to provide documentary evidence for how we communicate when we are not together. About 99% of our daily means of communication are through instant messaging on Facebook. I checked and we have a total of 16,500 individual messages on Facebook. I put that into a Word document and it takes over 1000 pages in size 11 font. I also have all of our text messages saved, they're over 5000 in total. That's a lot, plus many of our messages are extremely private and would prefer not to share them with anyone else.

Q2: Related to the Option C Printout and the last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year for the sponsor. My dad has a personal account who files all of our income taxes, and for some unknown reason, Canada Revenue Agency did not receive my income tax information for 2011, the deadline was on April 30, 2012. I have the T1 General form from our accountant completed. Can I send that in since it contains all the required information, or should I first file my taxes first and then send the Notice of Assessment once Canada Revenue Agency receives my tax return information, which will take between 4-6 weeks? I have the Notice of Assessment for 2010 and can get a proof of employment letter from my current employer.

Q3: The Document Checklist asks for my wife's original educational documents. She's going to apply for some jobs and they'll probably ask for her original degree and certificates, especially the MBA. What should I do and does CIC ever return everything once the application process is complete?

hopefully very soon

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Sep 2011
File Transfer...
17 Nov 2011
loads of undelivered shipments for karachi!! praying.....

mianz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
Aug 29, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 29, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 01, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 3rd, 2012
Interview........
Alhamdulillah Waived!
Passport Req..
Dec 29, 2012 (along with REPCC)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26,2013...Alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013 (By the Grace of All Mighty Allah)
Group # 1-EN1IGS:

Ezee------ since 10/16/2012. (No update after this day)
sabii------- since march 2012 (remedical/forms request after this... file is in que for DMO)
(i dont know if it matters what group your file is in or not but i guess it matters who your VO is)
Mianz------ since 15 Aug 2012 (supp forms/remedical/repcc/ppr)

hopefully very soon

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Sep 2011
File Transfer...
17 Nov 2011
uzafar88 said:
Hi everyone,

Have a few questions about the application to sponsor your spouse. I'll start off with some background information first:
- I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Pakistani wife. I came to Canada when I was 5 and we're both 24.
- Completed Biomedical Engineering in May 2012 while my wife got her Masters in Business Administration.

Here are my questions:
Q1: Regarding question 26 on IMM 5490 (Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire) . It asks to provide documentary evidence for how we communicate when we are not together. About 99% of our daily means of communication are through instant messaging on Facebook. I checked and we have a total of 16,500 individual messages on Facebook. I put that into a Word document and it takes over 1000 pages in size 11 font. I also have all of our text messages saved, they're over 5000 in total. That's a lot, plus many of our messages are extremely private and would prefer not to share them with anyone else.

Q2: Related to the Option C Printout and the last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year for the sponsor. My dad has a personal account who files all of our income taxes, and for some unknown reason, Canada Revenue Agency did not receive my income tax information for 2011, the deadline was on April 30, 2012. I have the T1 General form from my account completed. Can I send that in since it contains all the required information, or should I first file my taxes first and then send the Notice of Assessment once Canada Revenue Agency receives my tax return information, which will take between 4-6 weeks? I have the Notice of Assessment for 2010 and can get a proof of employment letter from my current employer.

Q3: The Document Checklist asks for my wife's original educational documents. She's going to apply for some jobs and they'll probably ask for her original degree and certificates, especially the MBA. What should I do and does CIC ever return everything once the application process is complete?

congrats on the baby!
regarding your first question. when i printed out the communication between me and my husband over cell phone, it came around to over a 1400 pages, and skype logs were alot too, so we sent them a couple of records from each month, and also from all the numbers my husband was using around that time, cause he was doing alot of travelling back then. about the private part, we deleted some of the msgs from the record but blacked out most of them. blacked them out so that they know that we are in a genuine relationship. cause i had read once that they ask really private questions in interviews and that is something i just cannot go through.

second question i have no idea cause my husband does all the taxation :)

third question, they do return all the documents once the case is done, everything, but u are looking at atleast 12 months, so if u dont have an origina; degree or dont wanna send it, then just mail them the certified copy. and if possible give them a reason why you cant send the original

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
asa

congrads to all the brothers and sisters who are getting good news

may Allah join all of u with there spouse and bless u with happiness

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear All -- would be interested to hear your reaction and get senior members' guidance on the following: I just called the Immigration Call Center. They told me my file was transferred to Islamabad from Ottawa in October 2012. They said there is a criteria (unspecified) by which they decide whether the file will be processed in Islamabad or Ottawa. Initially, Mississauga Case Processing Center forwarded it to Ottawa in June 2012 upon sponsorship approval. But then, Ottawa decided in October 2012 that they can not process my file, so they sent it to Islamabad. The criteria is unknown i.e. nobody (including call center agents) knows whether it's a good thing or bad thing if one's file is in Ottawa or Islamabad, or based on what they decide where to process it. I filed for sponsorship in March 2012 and they approved sponsorship and transferred my file to Ottawa in June 2012. Now I'm wondering if I have lost the 4 months between June and October i.e. Did my file go to the back of the queue when it reached Islamabad in October? It's all unclear.

laila hasan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Six long months have passed since my husband sent his passport to embassy, emailed ,faxed, Called did every single possible thing but No replies. Mp says file in queue for review from DMO.

imthegreat2004

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-NOV-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
25-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
25-JAN-2012
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2011
angelheart said:
what is this tcs tracking thing ??? how can we check with their serial numbers our passports ? plz help ?
mine is almost same as yours but didnt get anything yet :(

lonelyinca

Mar 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
+July 2011
Doc's Request.
+++June 2012
File Transfer...
++Sept 2011
Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
uzafar88 said:
Hi everyone,

Here are my questions:

Q2: Related to the Option C Printout and the last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year for the sponsor. My dad has a personal account who files all of our income taxes, and for some unknown reason, Canada Revenue Agency did not receive my income tax information for 2011, the deadline was on April 30, 2012. I have the T1 General form from our accountant completed. Can I send that in since it contains all the required information, or should I first file my taxes first and then send the Notice of Assessment once Canada Revenue Agency receives my tax return information, which will take between 4-6 weeks? I have the Notice of Assessment for 2010 and can get a proof of employment letter from my current employer.

1) What I did was take SCREENSHOTS of several pages of facebook, IMs, inbox. Not more than dozen pages of screenshot per page. No need to send everything, it's really annoying for the officer to handle all that. He doesn't care about how many pages, all he needs to see is how and when (frequency). Make sure you highlight relevant info. I personally did NOT send any texts in word document. Just screens.

2) Did you file your 2011 taxes or not? How did they not receive it? That's another matter. Check online your CRA account if you don't have register. Can't comment here but IMO 2011 paystubs and 2010 tax return should be enough.

3) They do return everything, or at least they should BUT it's your responsibility once it's in the mail system (TCS). They returned everything for us. If she can't provide orginals, provide the attested copies with explanation letter of why originals was not sent. They will understand!

twinkle22

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Visa Office......
isb or london husband case also has trv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
21-08-2013
Med's Request
21-08-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2013
Passport Req..
still waiting. ecas in process 14 march 2014
immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear All -- would be interested to hear your reaction and get senior members' guidance on the following: I just called the Immigration Call Center. They told me my file was transferred to Islamabad from Ottawa in October 2012. They said there is a criteria (unspecified) by which they decide whether the file will be processed in Islamabad or Ottawa. Initially, Mississauga Case Processing Center forwarded it to Ottawa in June 2012 upon sponsorship approval. But then, Ottawa decided in October 2012 that they can not process my file, so they sent it to Islamabad. The criteria is unknown i.e. nobody (including call center agents) knows whether it's a good thing or bad thing if one's file is in Ottawa or Islamabad, or based on what they decide where to process it. I filed for sponsorship in March 2012 and they approved sponsorship and transferred my file to Ottawa in June 2012. Now I'm wondering if I have lost the 4 months between June and October i.e. Did my file go to the back of the queue when it reached Islamabad in October? It's all unclear.
i have around same timeline as you, i got info from MP in oct that ottawa is reviewing my file. But i dont know now where my file is :( Just wanted to ask you that how did you convince the call centre agent to give you that information? last week i called immigration call centre and the refused to give me this info :(

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
I just asked where my file is - they said Islamabad - so I clarified against my past knowledge that it was in Ottawa so they told me this.

Usman.Bajwa79

Aug 14, 2012
Vaughan, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
Doc's Request.
12-06-2012
AOR Received.
12-05-2012
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
18-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19 February 2013
sabii said:
your emoticon shows you saw your name in these tracking #s ::)

Allah Tumhari zubaan Mubarik kareh!!
Lekin same the DMO seems to be sleeping on a pile of very important files.

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012