+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

nonee

Sep 17, 2011
Thank you so much all friends

Wes786, Truefriend, humpakwatan, sabii, Ranjah, shamsia, sawera, zaamin, quiet strom, babarshah, alpha1980, simba, anso, Danny4450, mani4ever, Dodgecharger, warda, lonly with out hubby, ainy inam, ayesha_a

may God Bless to all

amnafahad4life

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd Oct 2009 CIC
Doc's Request.
4th Nov 2010
AOR Received.
21st Dec 2009
IELTS Request
IMM FORMS and Updated PCC.. 22nd Oct 2011
Med's Request
21st Feb 2011 (re-med)
Med's Done....
3rd March 2011
Passport Req..
13th Feburary 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Feburary 2012
LANDED..........
19th Feburary 2012
DodgeCharger said:
No it's not ok! U have to have ablest 6 months of validity left before u travel! So u must apply for new passport!
i just called canadian embassy in islamabad n they said that i can travel as long as i m back in canadian premises before 18th November..

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amnafahad4life said:
i just called canadian embassy in islamabad n they said that i can travel as long as i m back in canadian premises before 18th November..
Thanx for the new info, I could use this for future!

HASHOO

Oct 3, 2011
Hi!

I sponsored my wife from out side Canada and as per CIC online status the application was received at Missisuaga office on November 30, 2010 and the decision letter was sent on January 5, 2011, which is still not received at our end. Additionally, my application for permanent residence was received at their office on January 14, 2011. My mentioned visa office is Islamabad, Pakistan.

I have no idea to check the current status of my case, if anybody can help me out to understand this vague status / situation or to propose any action.

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
10 days no reply from chc

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HASHOO said:
Hi!

I sponsored my wife from out side Canada and as per CIC online status the application was received at Missisuaga office on November 30, 2010 and the decision letter was sent on January 5, 2011, which is still not received at our end. Additionally, my application for permanent residence was received at their office on January 14, 2011. My mentioned visa office is Islamabad, Pakistan.

I have no idea to check the current status of my case, if anybody can help me out to understand this vague status / situation or to propose any action.

The letter which you have not received does not really matter because all it states is that your sponsorship has been approved and your file transferred to Islamabad ......... there would not be any activity on your file because they dont open the file until about a year is passed .......... my file was transferred in Feb 2011 and not opened so far I have had an inquiry through MP as well ......... the only action you need to take is to prepare yourself for the wait .......... you can send them an email for status around Feb 2012 to see if they issued any letter to your spouse ...... hope it helps

simba

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
pak
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2010
AOR Received.
03-2010
DodgeCharger said:
Any particular reason as to why u keep asking the same question over and over again?

i want to check how much time are they taking for returning the passport with visa.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khilafah5 said:
10 days no reply from chc
my last reply came after two weeks and if you ask them the same question which they dont wish to answer such as "status of application" they may not even reply .......... unfortunately

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
sawera said:
Bhai done,,phele bhi asai he try kiya tha magar lol ,,,well is sai case mai koi effect tu nahe pare ga,,, i did first tym Allaha malik hai.
Done. Yes, may be, but this might be helpful for new applicants.

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
became-a-loner said:
as per my MP inquiry, they dont touch your file before a year is passed, what is your AOR and its not much of money, its only $5 and the painful set of forms you need to sign and scan
My MP also provided me the same information, that it will take about 13 months more for initial review, once the file is transfered in Islamabad. My file was transfered in Feb 2011. I am expcting intial review by or before March 2012.

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
amnafahad4life said:
hey guys a quick question... i m coming back to toronto on 10th November 2011.. my sons passport is expiring on 18th Novemeber 2011... is it ok to travel back to canada right???
Which Passport is that, Pakistani or Canadian and what's your son's status in Canada? I guess six months restriction might be applicable to TRV.

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
became-a-loner said:
my last reply came after two weeks and if you ask them the same question which they dont wish to answer such as "status of application" they may not even reply .......... unfortunately
I am trying to get my file number

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khilafah5 said:
I am trying to get my file number
That they should give to you ........... the other way is to Order CAIPS, it shows your file # F*** (and this is not the profanity which comes to mind despite every reason for it to come) and also your Paper file # starting with letter B**** and you can use that one as well to check your e-case status (the useless activity I am engaged in too) or to send correspondence to the office ....... otherwise if it is to send correspondence, the client ID which you get from Mississauga office is equally good along with DOB and complete name of applicant

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How amazing, the countries invloved in these frauds have the fastest processing times. WOW to kenney's policies.

iftikhar505 said:
Ottawa moves to curb marriages of convenience
OTTAWA— From Thursday's Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 8:32PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 9:14PM EDT
The suspicions started when the same relatives showed up again and again in wedding photos. Then came the elaborately staged – and entirely fake – wedding receptions.
Now, as Canadian intelligence officials working in China, India and other foreign missions are locked in a cat and mouse game to nab immigration fraudsters, Ottawa is preparing to unveil a new “conditional” immigration status to curb marriage fraud.
More related to this story
The new category will make it easier for Ottawa to deport a sponsored spouse who is later found to have lied in a bid to come to Canada.
The new regulations are expected to be introduced later this year and will be based on practices already in place in the United States and Australia. In those countries, couples must prove they have lived together for a defined period before the applicant becomes a permanent resident.
And to prevent a “revolving door” of fraud marriages for cash, the government will also bring in a five-year ban on sponsoring spouses being allowed to turn around and sponsor a new spouse into Canada.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney confirmed the plan Wednesday, singling out China and India as countries where elaborate schemes have been uncovered.
Mr. Kenney said Canadian officials in India noticed that the faces of husbands and wives were being Photoshopped onto the same wedding photo, time and again.
“Then we required that people have bigger pictures of their wedding reception so we could see if it was authentic. Then we saw that in the Punjab, some of these wedding palaces were offering fake wedding receptions for people. So then we go out and visit some of these wedding palaces. It's a cat and mouse game,” he said.
The Canada Border Services Agency has a team of 62 “liaison officers” in 48 missions who gather intelligence on potential fraud schemes.
The new regulations are based on countrywide consultations by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration, which found broad support among more than 2,300 respondents for the changes, under certain conditions. For instance, close to half supported a conditional status of two years or less, while only 23 per cent supported a period of between five and 10 years. Ottawa has said only that its conditional status will be “two years, or longer.”
But the notion of making permanent residency conditional on living with a new spouse for a yet-to-be-defined period of time raises concerns that new immigrants could be vulnerable to domestic abuse in Canada. The rules are expected to include an exemption in cases where abuse has occurred.
NDP MP and immigration critic Don Davies said creating a new immigration status is something that should be debated before Parliament, not passed without scrutiny via regulations. He said it would be better if Ottawa focused on improved screening overseas. Mr. Davies raised concerns about domestic abuse, but also the fact that half of non-fraudulent marriages fail.
“What if the marriage fails? You're going to force two people to live together for two years when that didn't work?” he asked. “I just think that's unsound policy.”
Mr. Kenney's comments come as another case of finger-pointing over alleged marriage fraud is landing on his doorstep. His department is currently the subject of a letter-writing campaign led by the family of Gurdip Singh Saroya, whose family claims the Surrey, B.C., resident jumped off a bridge and killed himself because his new wife wanted to move to Toronto shortly after arriving from India.
His wife, Harmanjeet Kaur Dhami, told OMNI news she doesn't know what she did wrong. Shown with red marks on her neck, she alleges she was the victim of domestic abuse in Canada.
“First they should tell me what's my fault,” she said. “I don't understand it.”
Citizenship and Immigration says there are no firm figures on the extent of marriage fraud, but in 2010, about 16 per cent of the 46,300 immigration applications for spouses and partners were refused for various reasons, including that the relationship was not bona fide.
When Canada increased its focus on fraud originating from southern China via Canada's mission in Hong Kong, the rejection rate there for spouses increased to 50 per cent in 2008.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This remind me that my wife case is also March 2010 AOR and still in progress. Me and my wife are emotionally broken with this undue delay and it seemed that this so called first one country has no one to listen to this injustice of keeping wives, husbands and children away from each other.

Wes, have you just silently waited for this long or your took some actions. Any advise for me as I am getting really impatient.

wes786 said:
I applied for my wife in January 2010, she was a March 2010 AOR. Received VISA in August 2011 and landed in September 2011. Currently she is at my house :) Her process took a total of 19Months since applied at CPC-Mississauga and the reason for delay was nothing, but backlog. She had no travel history, no work history only education, stayed at one address since birth, so there shouldn't have been a delay anyways....

Most of 2009 and early 2010 cases were delayed due to backlog but seems like they have picked up a pace for cases after April 2010 and alot of member on the forum from April 2010 to October 2010 have already received VISAs within 12-15 months since applied at CPC-Mississuaga so lets hope all of you get out of this toture soon. I just come online to help out with what I know so people don't have to wait for as long as I had to :) Good Luck!