CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
only address and medicals or when the decision is made on file gets updated on Ecase
hmmmm,,,still dnt update on e-case,,,,my husband will going to mail them but as you an hum pak watan has mention so no use of wasting money ;)

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
hmmmm,,,still dnt update on e-case,,,,my husband will going to mail them but as you an hum pak watan has mention so no use of wasting money ;)
as per my MP inquiry, they dont touch your file before a year is passed, what is your AOR and its not much of money, its only $5 and the painful set of forms you need to sign and scan

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
as per my MP inquiry, they dont touch your file before a year is passed, what is your AOR
My Aor may b december thts my guess not sure but the process started in Dec,,,,wht about u when ur file has been transfered,,whts ur processing tym.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
as per my MP inquiry, they dont touch your file before a year is passed, what is your AOR and its not much of money, its only $5 and the painful set of forms you need to sign and scan
r u talking about to order CAIPS for $5 i dnt know how to order also,,,,,i read in this forum but still dnt know.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
r u talking about to order CAIPS for $5 i dnt know how to order also,,,,,i read in this forum but still dnt know.
if ur file was transferred in dec, no use to request CAIPS, it is going to be everything as NOT STARTED ..... wait until Jan and then order

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
if ur file was transferred in dec, no use to request CAIPS, it is going to be everything as NOT STARTED ..... wait until Jan and then order
yah its useless to order until 10 to 11 months complete's,,,, but for dec aor may b its done within feb or march,,, hope if i dnt get objection.

wating4u

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12- 2009
AOR Received.
25-01- 2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2011
LANDED..........
8-08-2011
wes786 said:
I applied for my wife in January 2010, she was a March 2010 AOR. Received VISA in August 2011 and landed in September 2011. Currently she is at my house :) Her process took a total of 19Months since applied at CPC-Mississauga and the reason for delay was nothing, but backlog. She had no travel history, no work history only education, stayed at one address since birth, so there shouldn't have been a delay anyways....

Most of 2009 and early 2010 cases were delayed due to backlog but seems like they have picked up a pace for cases after April 2010 and alot of member on the forum from April 2010 to October 2010 have already received VISAs within 12-15 months since applied at CPC-Mississuaga so lets hope all of you get out of this toture soon. I just come online to help out with what I know so people don't have to wait for as long as I had to :) Good Luck!
hi west bro wats up? remembr me? im sure u do... hows life going with wife? just want to knw if ur wife got her PR card yet? cuz my hubby didnt recv it yet he landed in aug2011,..

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
I am 100% agree with Simba. Guys please keep this forum just informatics regarding CHC-I updates. You can open another forum for chatting and come on this forum to update the informatin regarding CHC-I, so many people will not spend one hour only to see if there is any update regarding immigration.
Thank you very much for the consideration of others time and please don't be offended.

simba said:
I HAVE A HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM TO PLZ KEEP THE DISCUSSION TO THE REAL PURPOSE OF THIS VERY FORUM . PLEASE IT JUST IS A BIG HEADACHE WHEN ONE OPENS THE FORUM TO CHECK UPDATES FROM SERIOUS MEMBERS AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT READ THROUGH ALL THE RUBBISH SOME OF THE MEMBERS POST HERE. PLEASE GET A LIFE!!!!!! I MEAN I JUST CANT IMAGINE ANYONE HAS SO MUCH OF TIME IN HAND TO ARGUE ON SUCH CHILDISH CRAP. PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF SOME OF THE SERIOUS MEMBERS WHO MEAN BUSSINESS HERE STOP DOING IT.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
wating4u said:
hi west bro wats up? remembr me? im sure u do... hows life going with wife? just want to knw if ur wife got her PR card yet? cuz my hubby didnt recv it yet he landed in aug2011,..
Hey, long time no see! Things have been great but very busy! Hope your husband likes it here :) my wife still hasn't received her PR Card yet, they said 2-2.5 months it's only been one month so far, so we are still patiently waiting...

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
Ottawa moves to curb marriages of convenience
OTTAWA— From Thursday's Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 8:32PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 9:14PM EDT
The suspicions started when the same relatives showed up again and again in wedding photos. Then came the elaborately staged – and entirely fake – wedding receptions.
Now, as Canadian intelligence officials working in China, India and other foreign missions are locked in a cat and mouse game to nab immigration fraudsters, Ottawa is preparing to unveil a new “conditional” immigration status to curb marriage fraud.
More related to this story
The new category will make it easier for Ottawa to deport a sponsored spouse who is later found to have lied in a bid to come to Canada.
The new regulations are expected to be introduced later this year and will be based on practices already in place in the United States and Australia. In those countries, couples must prove they have lived together for a defined period before the applicant becomes a permanent resident.
And to prevent a “revolving door” of fraud marriages for cash, the government will also bring in a five-year ban on sponsoring spouses being allowed to turn around and sponsor a new spouse into Canada.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney confirmed the plan Wednesday, singling out China and India as countries where elaborate schemes have been uncovered.
Mr. Kenney said Canadian officials in India noticed that the faces of husbands and wives were being Photoshopped onto the same wedding photo, time and again.
“Then we required that people have bigger pictures of their wedding reception so we could see if it was authentic. Then we saw that in the Punjab, some of these wedding palaces were offering fake wedding receptions for people. So then we go out and visit some of these wedding palaces. It's a cat and mouse game,” he said.
The Canada Border Services Agency has a team of 62 “liaison officers” in 48 missions who gather intelligence on potential fraud schemes.
The new regulations are based on countrywide consultations by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration, which found broad support among more than 2,300 respondents for the changes, under certain conditions. For instance, close to half supported a conditional status of two years or less, while only 23 per cent supported a period of between five and 10 years. Ottawa has said only that its conditional status will be “two years, or longer.”
But the notion of making permanent residency conditional on living with a new spouse for a yet-to-be-defined period of time raises concerns that new immigrants could be vulnerable to domestic abuse in Canada. The rules are expected to include an exemption in cases where abuse has occurred.
NDP MP and immigration critic Don Davies said creating a new immigration status is something that should be debated before Parliament, not passed without scrutiny via regulations. He said it would be better if Ottawa focused on improved screening overseas. Mr. Davies raised concerns about domestic abuse, but also the fact that half of non-fraudulent marriages fail.
“What if the marriage fails? You're going to force two people to live together for two years when that didn't work?” he asked. “I just think that's unsound policy.”
Mr. Kenney's comments come as another case of finger-pointing over alleged marriage fraud is landing on his doorstep. His department is currently the subject of a letter-writing campaign led by the family of Gurdip Singh Saroya, whose family claims the Surrey, B.C., resident jumped off a bridge and killed himself because his new wife wanted to move to Toronto shortly after arriving from India.
His wife, Harmanjeet Kaur Dhami, told OMNI news she doesn't know what she did wrong. Shown with red marks on her neck, she alleges she was the victim of domestic abuse in Canada.
“First they should tell me what's my fault,” she said. “I don't understand it.”
Citizenship and Immigration says there are no firm figures on the extent of marriage fraud, but in 2010, about 16 per cent of the 46,300 immigration applications for spouses and partners were refused for various reasons, including that the relationship was not bona fide.
When Canada increased its focus on fraud originating from southern China via Canada's mission in Hong Kong, the rejection rate there for spouses increased to 50 per cent in 2008.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iftikhar505 said:
Ottawa moves to curb marriages of convenience
OTTAWA— From Thursday's Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 8:32PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 9:14PM EDT
The suspicions started when the same relatives showed up again and again in wedding photos. Then came the elaborately staged – and entirely fake – wedding receptions.
Now, as Canadian intelligence officials working in China, India and other foreign missions are locked in a cat and mouse game to nab immigration fraudsters, Ottawa is preparing to unveil a new “conditional” immigration status to curb marriage fraud.
More related to this story
The new category will make it easier for Ottawa to deport a sponsored spouse who is later found to have lied in a bid to come to Canada.
The new regulations are expected to be introduced later this year and will be based on practices already in place in the United States and Australia. In those countries, couples must prove they have lived together for a defined period before the applicant becomes a permanent resident.
And to prevent a “revolving door” of fraud marriages for cash, the government will also bring in a five-year ban on sponsoring spouses being allowed to turn around and sponsor a new spouse into Canada.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney confirmed the plan Wednesday, singling out China and India as countries where elaborate schemes have been uncovered.
Mr. Kenney said Canadian officials in India noticed that the faces of husbands and wives were being Photoshopped onto the same wedding photo, time and again.
“Then we required that people have bigger pictures of their wedding reception so we could see if it was authentic. Then we saw that in the Punjab, some of these wedding palaces were offering fake wedding receptions for people. So then we go out and visit some of these wedding palaces. It's a cat and mouse game,” he said.
The Canada Border Services Agency has a team of 62 “liaison officers” in 48 missions who gather intelligence on potential fraud schemes.
The new regulations are based on countrywide consultations by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration, which found broad support among more than 2,300 respondents for the changes, under certain conditions. For instance, close to half supported a conditional status of two years or less, while only 23 per cent supported a period of between five and 10 years. Ottawa has said only that its conditional status will be “two years, or longer.”
But the notion of making permanent residency conditional on living with a new spouse for a yet-to-be-defined period of time raises concerns that new immigrants could be vulnerable to domestic abuse in Canada. The rules are expected to include an exemption in cases where abuse has occurred.
NDP MP and immigration critic Don Davies said creating a new immigration status is something that should be debated before Parliament, not passed without scrutiny via regulations. He said it would be better if Ottawa focused on improved screening overseas. Mr. Davies raised concerns about domestic abuse, but also the fact that half of non-fraudulent marriages fail.
“What if the marriage fails? You're going to force two people to live together for two years when that didn't work?” he asked. “I just think that's unsound policy.”
Mr. Kenney's comments come as another case of finger-pointing over alleged marriage fraud is landing on his doorstep. His department is currently the subject of a letter-writing campaign led by the family of Gurdip Singh Saroya, whose family claims the Surrey, B.C., resident jumped off a bridge and killed himself because his new wife wanted to move to Toronto shortly after arriving from India.
His wife, Harmanjeet Kaur Dhami, told OMNI news she doesn't know what she did wrong. Shown with red marks on her neck, she alleges she was the victim of domestic abuse in Canada.
“First they should tell me what's my fault,” she said. “I don't understand it.”
Citizenship and Immigration says there are no firm figures on the extent of marriage fraud, but in 2010, about 16 per cent of the 46,300 immigration applications for spouses and partners were refused for various reasons, including that the relationship was not bona fide.
When Canada increased its focus on fraud originating from southern China via Canada's mission in Hong Kong, the rejection rate there for spouses increased to 50 per cent in 2008.
Wow interesting!!! :eek:

M

Muslimah

Salam to all,

I have finally added myself to this forum. Its very informative and updated. For more than a year now, I had no other information but this link has helped alot. To the Moderator/ creator of the spreadsheet, THANK YOU, God bless you.

I have sponsored Husband from pak early 2010. Been 16 months. Question is who recently got their passport request from ISLAMABAD, meaning what date range of ppl who did re-medicals are being requested passport?

How long once passport is sent, does it take to send visa? I heard 4 weeks, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the replies..

Wasalam

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muslimah said:
Salam to all,

I have finally added myself to this forum. Its very informative and updated. For more than a year now, I had no other information but this link has helped alot. To the Moderator/ creator of the spreadsheet, THANK YOU, God bless you.

I have sponsored Husband from pak early 2010. Been 16 months. Question is who recently got their passport request from ISLAMABAD, meaning what date range of ppl who did re-medicals are being requested passport?

How long once passport is sent, does it take to send visa? I heard 4 weeks, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the replies..

Wasalam
Welcome to the forum, actually if u lo ok at the history of this forum the members who have been receiving medical and passport requests mostly have been receiving them in a haphazard order. I'm not saying all the time but usually there is no set rule!

These days people from September 2010 aor have been receiving medical requests, but even people from this time period some have gotten their PPR s even!

Chc Islamabad sends passport in the 3rd and fourth week of the month! Hope this helps!

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
nonee said:
yes i got it yes i got :eek:

Allhumdolila today i got my PPR

Congratulations! =)

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
fahadkn said:
Alhamdulillah i got my passport back with visa today after exactly one month.sent it on 26th sept.

I advise all members not to worry,take it easy and be patient.thats the only way to deal with chc. every case is different.i was getting worried when everyone was recieving thier pports in 2 weeks but Allah wanted me to get it in one month so cant really change that. Another thing ,since i started visiting this forum after i got my ppr my worries increased 10 fold so dont visit very often especially if ur early in the process.
Lastly i would like to thank all of u for the help and ur prayers.InshAllah i will remember all of u in my prayers and hope this process ends soon for all of u. Another thing, distance can create differences and probs in relationships so try to communicate with ur spouse and if possible spend time together. Ok enough of Dr Phil for me haha. In the end,the process will take 16 to 26 months so just chill, everything will happen when it has to happen,u cant change that and niether can u change how chc works or when they work so relax,enjoy the 2 years whatever u do and dont stress out like i did.from experience. Tc everyone,il be visiting this forum for quite some time to reminisce the ordeal and to help others if needed.Ciao

Congratulations! Happy togetherness and Eid mubarak in advance =)