+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC-isb. PROXY MARRIAGE

m2009

Aug 6, 2010
Guys,
I am looking for help wherever I can find it. The situation is: my husband's immigration case was filed in June 2009. After 14 months of his case processing and receiving re-medical and pcc request...he has now received a letter from Islamabad embassy saying that our Marriage is PROXY and hence is not considered GENUINE.

We did our Nikah without Rukhsati ONLINE. So, they have now asked us to submit proof of our ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP.

Please someone advise me...what should we do at this point?
Going to Pakistan to do our RUKHSATI is nearly impossible now because of my University & Student Loans.

Should we mention them in a letter that we intend to do our RUKHSATI in this this month...and why we did our Nikah online?

We have attached our phone bills, e-mails, proof of visit, photos, cards, letters, courier receipts, and wrote them a letter too explaining our situation. Lawyers are too expensive to hire. Please someone who has experience with this thing help me.

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you should show the marriage pictures after marriage to them... then your case will strong..i think so... well hope for the best

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Raymasood said:
i think you should show the marriage pictures after marriage to them... then your case will strong..i think so... well hope for the best
Going to be hard, to show pictures as noted in the OP posted, it was done by Proxy. Also it was done on line, rather than by telephone.

teddybear

Aug 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
07-07-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2010
Med's Done....
01-04-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-08-2010
how can people get married online? ridicoulous

B

buddhadimple

Well, since I'm Canadian I don't readily know what Nikah or Rukhsaki means. But after a Google search, I assume Nikah is the vows, and Rukhsaki is the Reception ceremony afterwards? Are you saying you got married on an internet website by saying (typing?) your vows and you have not had a Reception because it was not "in person"?

kokobsb

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
first of all you shoudn't have filed your application in the first place under these surcumstances .
your chances were so tiny ,but anyway i will try to help you
clearly as mentioned your application was refused of proxy marriage becasue it is outland process you can still appeal the decision but i would highly suggest you go to the country mentioned and do a legal marriage so at the time of appeal you have something new to add or to say but still its up to the judge to accept the case or to update any information .you can postpond your studies for now and clearly fix the marriage certificate .if you have any question dont hesitate to contact.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Is a marriage online legal???

I can see why CIC would be suspicious of this kind of marriage, as it opens up a huge can of worms for fraudulent marriages in the future.

Like others have stated, I don't think you have any choice but to go to the Country your husband is from and perform a proper marriage ceremony. Surely your husband can pay for your flights etc.

Good luck.

spsponsor

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 24 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 5 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 23 2010
this is a common situation that used to be fine in the past when cic didn't scrutinize the 'genuineness' of marriages so thoroughly. However, in the current circumstances it is strongly recommended that nikah's done over the phone or online without rukhsati be avoided because it becomes hard to prove that the marriage was completed. After all the rukhsati is when the bride officially leaves her parents home to live with her husband (or in-laws if its a joint family). I understand the premise of what you did..... usually the nikah is done as that is the official marriage contract and then once the spouse being sponsored has a pr visa, the rukhsati is done in the sense that the sponsored spouse leaves their parents to go live with the sponsor in Canada.

At this point, your only course of action IMO is to go to pak and get the rukhsati done with photo's and all. That is exactly what chc has asked for in the letter. Not sure what else to say at this point. Good luck!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
No, this is not a valid marriage. CIC will most likely reject your case.
You need to go home and do a proper and real marriage.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
buddhadimple said:
Well, since I'm Canadian I don't readily know what Nikah or Rukhsaki means.
Not to be picky, but the issue isn't that you are Canadian, it's that you are not a Muslim...I would say there would be thousands of Canadians (around 450,000 in the Greater Toronto Area) that do know. :)

Cheers!

Lynn

B

buddhadimple

locolynn said:
Not to be picky, but the issue isn't that you are Canadian, it's that you are not a Muslim...I would say there would be thousands of Canadians (around 450,000 in the Greater Toronto Area) that do know. :)

Cheers!

Lynn
Yes I know, but Muslims account for 1.9% of the population in Canada (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ca.html) so it's safe to say that the average Canadian is not Muslim and would therefore not know what these words meant. I put it that way on purpose. I'm not being racist (religiousist?), but I would say the average Canadian (that is, of traditional Euro, First Nations, Chinese, or those of other ethnic decent who are several generations from settlement) would not know what these words meant without some interest/influence/personal research. I was simply trying to explain that the OP is asking a wider audience than just that of one religion or culture and if he or she could tailor his or her question so that the average reader would understand (i.e. put synonyms in parentheses for non-Muslims) rather than use language exclusive to one group of people (which I feel is harmful for overall integration ["integration" meaning from all parties including those already born in Canada; not to be confused with assimilation]), it would be easier to try and help and it would also nurse better inter-cultural understanding - something I feel is crucial when considering the impact of not only Immigration but also of society's feelings towards Immigration; the people who vote for those to choose the future of Immigration. I would not understate the importance of this, as I see the problems caused in the UK on a daily basis that, in my opinion, result from a lack of inter-cultural participation and cooperation. So, basically, my comment was meant to say something along the lines of, "There are others here who can help, if you address them as well; especially as Canada (the relevant Immigration country) is a multi-cultural society and not everyone is of the same background." I was simply trying to clarify the question as I did not completely understand it, given that - like 98.1% of Canada's population - I am a non-Muslim. Perhaps I should have said, "Since I am an 'average' Canadian" for better accuracy.

I should add that, like most Canadians, I feel positive about learning about other cultures and cultural and religious practices, and also about practising tolerance and acceptance of all cultures and religions in order to help foster a more peaceful and more aware society. As I said, in order for this to happen, all parties have to be willing.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
buddhadimple said:
Yes I know, but Muslims account for 1.9% of the population in Canada (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ca.html) so it's safe to say that the average Canadian is not Muslim and would therefore not know what these words meant. I put it that way on purpose. I'm not being racist (religiousist?), but I would say the average Canadian (that is, of traditional Euro, First Nations, Chinese, or those of other ethnic decent who are several generations from settlement) would not know what these words meant without some interest/influence/personal research. I was simply trying to explain that the OP is asking a wider audience than just that of one religion or culture and if he or she could tailor his or her question so that the average reader would understand (i.e. put synonyms in parentheses for non-Muslims) rather than use language exclusive to one group of people (which I feel is harmful for overall integration ["integration" meaning from all parties including those already born in Canada; not to be confused with assimilation]), it would be easier to try and help and it would also nurse better inter-cultural understanding - something I feel is crucial when considering the impact of not only Immigration but also of society's feelings towards Immigration; the people who vote for those to choose the future of Immigration. I would not understate the importance of this, as I see the problems caused in the UK on a daily basis that, in my opinion, result from a lack of inter-cultural participation and cooperation. So, basically, my comment was meant to say something along the lines of, "There are others here who can help, if you address them as well; especially as Canada (the relevant Immigration country) is a multi-cultural society and not everyone is of the same background." I was simply trying to clarify the question as I did not completely understand it, given that - like 98.1% of Canada's population - I am a non-Muslim. Perhaps I should have said, "Since I am an 'average' Canadian" for better accuracy.

I should add that, like most Canadians, I feel positive about learning about other cultures and cultural and religious practices, and also about practising tolerance and acceptance of all cultures and religions in order to help foster a more peaceful and more aware society. As I said, in order for this to happen, all parties have to be willing.
I get what you are saying and definitely don't think you are being racist. Just wanted to make the point that there are many muslims who are Canadian!

Cheers,

Lynn

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
WOW, i can see why they would reject this case. It's pain to get it approved with proper marriage, but over the internet ???

Really good luck and like other said go back home and do the right thing.

B

bestplace4u

m2009 said:
Guys,
I am looking for help wherever I can find it. The situation is: my husband's immigration case was filed in June 2009. After 14 months of his case processing and receiving re-medical and pcc request...he has now received a letter from Islamabad embassy saying that our Marriage is PROXY and hence is not considered GENUINE.

We did our Nikah without Rukhsati ONLINE. So, they have now asked us to submit proof of our ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP.

Please someone advise me...what should we do at this point?
Going to Pakistan to do our RUKHSATI is nearly impossible now because of my University & Student Loans.

Should we mention them in a letter that we intend to do our RUKHSATI in this this month...and why we did our Nikah online?

We have attached our phone bills, e-mails, proof of visit, photos, cards, letters, courier receipts, and wrote them a letter too explaining our situation. Lawyers are too expensive to hire. Please someone who has experience with this thing help me.
most easy way is to have the rukhsati done let them know that u r getting the rukhsati done and send the the proof like photos of your rukhsati, CIC accept the proxy marriages,tele phone nikkah and online too but these days CHC ISB is very strict in these cases if u even hire a lawyer he wont be able to help u much. Dont get the rejection just try to get some money and have the rukhsati done even if u go there for a week

CanPak05

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
Med's Request
13-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
08-06-2011 Cancelled :) :)
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012 :) :)
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
Hi All,

Just wanted to add a few comments to this topic due to mine and my wifes application is also done in this format. I am a Canadian born Muslim who due to work requirments have been unable to get time off to go to Pakistan to perform Nikah and Ruhjsati together. My work has been relunctant to give me extended leave to go to Pakistan and for me to go I would have to resign my position. With todays job market in Canada, it is not easy securing a position as stable and secure as the one I currently hold. Second with the many travel advisories issued for Canadians to Pakistan, even though the risk may be worth it, ones safety needs to be considered as what would the point of going only to end up injured or perhaps worse.

Due to these concerns my family and my wifes family performed nikah ceremony over web cam and telephone. Family and friends were in attendance and photographers and videographers were hired and present at both places due to the ceremony was complete gathering of family and friends.

I only say this as to outright say that these situations are rediculous without knowing all the facts is not right IMO.

My wife and I know we have a difficult process ahead of us and keep records of every means of communication we use and are prepared to show IO's that we indeed have a genuine relationship. I pray it does not come to rejection but in the end, I know my wife will be with me soon as I will not have it any othe way. I am grate full that they do not just outright refuse these applications but allow everyone to present a strong application. Otherwise we would not make it through CIC-M.

I hope everyone the best and wish all spouses will be reunited as soon as possible :)