Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Highly interesting thread. :eek:
I never knew about the online/phone and webcam sort of marriage. So how is one issued a marriage certificate?

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
CanPak05 said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to add a few comments to this topic due to mine and my wifes application is also done in this format. I am a Canadian born Muslim who due to work requirments have been unable to get time off to go to Pakistan to perform Nikah and Ruhjsati together.

I only say this as to outright say that these situations are rediculous without knowing all the facts is not right.
Well said brother. I think it says something as well that you felt the need to preface your email by saying you are a Canadian Born Muslim...whether we like it or not immigrants to Canada (muslim or not) are often considered second class citizens. Certainly CIC treats people that way. On another thread awhile back, someone made the point that they "applying for pr, not begging for it".

Cheers,

Lynn

B

bestplace4u

HoneyBird said:
Highly interesting thread. :eek:
I never knew about the online/phone and webcam sort of marriage. So how is one issued a marriage certificate?
Priest should be present at both sides in canada and the country where the 2nd person is and then it issues from the country where the 2nd person is from.

CIC will only accept it valid if this type of marriage is legal in that other country.For instance Pakistani Law approve these marriages so does CIC