+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing program/course after reaching to Canada

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
@Inam89

As you already mentioned about your admission in M.Sc. Petroleum at University of Alberta in previous posts, I would like to know that, you got addmission in M.Sc. petroleum thesis baed or course based?

I also applied for M.Sc. Petroleum thesis based at U of A.

Thanks
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
@ Inam89

As you already mentioned about your admission in M.Sc. Petroleum at University of Alberta in previous posts, I would like to know that, you got addmission in M.Sc. petroleum thesis baed or course based?

I also applied for M.Sc. Petroleum thesis based at U of A.

Thanks
Mandeep
Thesis

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
And who was your supervisor? is he Octavian Catuneanu? And can you share much about getting admission in M.Sc.(Thesis) in Petroleum Geology?

Thanks,
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
And who was your supervisor? is he Octavian Catuneanu? And can you share much about getting admission in M.Sc.(Thesis) in Petroleum Geology?

Thanks,
Mandeep
No, he wasn't this guy. My supervisor was from Reservoir side. I am from Mechanical Engineering background so I won't be mush of a help. Secondly, I am not joining this program I am going for Master's in Mechanical Engineering.

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Yes, I know and understand that your are more of engineering stuff, but just seeking the information regarding the acceptance in the program. Since, you already got the admission in the program, I'd like to know - How they evaluate the application? do they evaluate very strict? how was your under graduation academics record? and all.

Thanks,
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
Yes, I know and understand that your are more of engineering stuff, but just seeking the information regarding the acceptance in the program. Since, you already got the admission in the program, I'd like to know - How they evaluate the application? do they evaluate very strict? how was your under graduation academics record? and all.

Thanks,
Mandeep
You can find my profile here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-medical-call-today-june-04-2012-chc-islamabad-thanks-to-allah-t107013.0.html;msg1510009#msg1510009

Obviously the evaluation criteria is strict. If you have secured a supervisor already then your admission in 90 percent confirm. Otherwise, it would take time.

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
And how to secure supervisor? As far as I know we suppose to contact them on their official email id given on their page at U of A website. I have contacted them, but they're not at all responsive!

Thanks,
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
And how to secure supervisor? As far as I know we suppose to contact them on their official email id given on their page at U of A website. I have contacted them, but they're not at all responsive!

Thanks,
Mandeep
I did the same and got one. You have to put efforts in their research field, study their research papers, show your interest, highlight your achievements etc.

Yeah most of them don't reply :( as professors are busy and don't respond unless they see something in you.

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alright! So how much bands do you recommend for IELTS? As I have been exempted from IELTS at U of A(my university is listed in their list of IELTS exempt universities)

Thanks,
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
Alright! So how much bands do you recommend for IELTS? As I have been exempted from IELTS at U of A(my university is listed in their list of IELTS exempt universities)

Thanks,
Mandeep
If you don't require IELTS for U of A then why would you take IELTS test? Good IELTS score is 6.5 plus

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Well, its not requirement of U of A but we need to submit IELTS test results taken within last 24 months which is strongly recommended* by CHC New Delhi, India.

*http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Application_for_Prospective_University_Students_190412.pdf

Thanks,
Mandeep

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mdpandya said:
Well, its not requirement of U of A but we need to submit IELTS test results taken within last 24 months which is strongly recommended* by CHC New Delhi, India.

*http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Application_for_Prospective_University_Students_190412.pdf

Thanks,
Mandeep
Oh yeah, I forgot that :D The minimum requirement for VISA is 6 overall

maximl337

Jun 23, 2012
i am gonna change from a post grad diploma course to a diploma.....i assume i need to fill the application form??? what are the chances they wont accept it? or rather on wat basis can they refuse it?