+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing program/course after reaching to Canada

nazz81

Jul 20, 2012
Slms , read this topic - it surely answered some of my queries .But i got rejected on 16jul for the sept intake.
Was rejected under general category,had paid the entire first years fee and had taken Loan against FD of $10,968 CAD from BOI
IELTS - Overall 6.5 R-5.5 L-6.5 W-6.5 S-7.5

Have a diploma in computer engineering + 3yrs work exp in the same field.. (Have 2 ATKT , during my diploma)
was rejected saying " your past exp,studies not in co relation - with course you applied for etc etc..

*Planning to apply for an Advance diploma in Software Engineering Technology @ Centennial - Toronto Program code - 3409
with a strong sop.

But later want to change back to the program i really want to do,but its only a diploma
*So, will changing from Advance diploma ---> Diploma , be a problem??

*Also the diploma program starts only in sept and if i get the visa - will land there in Jan.

Please comment on the 3 points i have stated above .
Thanks.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
I have taken admission in Seneca & want to transfer to Douglas college, Vancouver

My course level is same but I am not sure that Seneca will transfer my fees to Douglas or not?

In refund policy of Seneca only 2 policies are mentioned:

1. Refund of Amount if visa gets rejected

2. Defer of course so the intake will be postponed.

I haven't asked in international office about this as one of my friend has suggested me to apply when I reach Canada. Online application they will intentionally delay.

reply friends!!

JakirHossain

May 27, 2018
Would you please anyone expert tell me if there is difference among Post Baccalaureate Diploma, College Graduate certificate/ Diploma, Post Grad Certificate/ Diploma regarding level of education? Will it affect PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Would you please anyone expert tell me if there is difference among Post Baccalaureate Diploma, College Graduate certificate/ Diploma, Post Grad Certificate/ Diploma regarding level of education? Will it affect PGWP?
Replying to a post from 2012. You can research the difference through Google. PGWP will be based on program length, public or private DLI and whether DLI is eligible for PGWP.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What is it that you want to study?

JakirHossain

May 27, 2018
What is it that you want to study?
I want to study Ontario college graduate certificate in Culinary Management/ Hotel management/ Business Management -1 year and after that 1 year chef course instead of Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management -2 year at Cape Breton University.
Will my PGWP be affected?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I want to study Ontario college graduate certificate in Culinary Management/ Hotel management/ Business Management -1 year and after that 1 year chef course instead of Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management -2 year at Cape Breton University.
So 3 programs? Which program do you have the study permit for? If not, which program are you applying for a study permit first? Not sure what you mean by “will my PGWP be affect”? You need to be full time and complete programs.

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You were refused study permit before, and you have Bachelor of English but you want to study Certificate at 44 yrs old. Are you looking to study or immigrate? First you should work on to overcome another refusal before worrying about pgwp...

Reactions: Naturgrl