+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing non-accompanying status of dependents to accompanying after PPR

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
You can't just request to change the non-accompanying status to accompanying just like that. Your points total will be reassessed if that is why your family is non-accompanying or you will have to resubmit. You received a standardized statement. So only do what is relevant to your case.
If after recalculation, the new CRS score was still equal or above the cut-off score of that draw, would that be ok?

tets

Oct 25, 2019
Hi I did get COPR for myself but I ended up sponsoring after I landed.
.why? Ircc didnt gve any consideration or it was too late?! Did they ask you any additional documents? I have sent a webform however i still didnt get any response and my deadline will be this january 21 to submit my passport
What do u think? Shall i proceed with the submission of my passport now?
Need your advise please.

drerhys

Nov 6, 2017
.why? Ircc didnt gve any consideration or it was too late?! Did they ask you any additional documents? I have sent a webform however i still didnt get any response and my deadline will be this january 21 to submit my passport
What do u think? Shall i proceed with the submission of my passport now?
Need your advise please.
I didn't attempt to add my spouse because my points would have dropped below the threshold.

renuga2050

Oct 29, 2020
Please anyone help here
I applied fsw Quebec
Received PPR request I’m applied as single applicant
Now requested to change spouse accompanying status
They asked to add additional doc
Paid cad 1410
Please tell me getting CSQ for husband will affect my PR?

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
Hello @vensak I recently received Ppr on the 22nd of March 2022, I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied ??? Will our crs score be recalculated??? Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you

Reactions: LilyE

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
Hello, please can you share an update on your case? Did u eventually add your spouse and baby and was it approved? I’m in a similar situation where I’ve gotten PPR and would like to change my spouse to accompanying. My spouse was listed as my dependant from the beginning but as non accompanying. I already submitted his police clearance and medical with my application. Now I’m thinking of raising a web form to add him to my application, so I want to know what’s involved. Hope there will be no recalculation of points at this stage? How long did it take? Could I lose my PR in the process and is it safer to just go alone and sponsor him later? I just worry that I may not be able to handle 2 kids all alone in Canada and hence the reason why I want to add him now.
Hello @vensak I recently received Ppr on the 22nd of March 2022, I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied ??? Will our crs score be recalculated??? Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, please can you share an update on your case? Did u eventually add your spouse and baby and was it approved? I’m in a similar situation where I’ve gotten PPR and would like to change my spouse to accompanying. My spouse was listed as my dependant from the beginning but as non accompanying. I already submitted his police clearance and medical with my application. Now I’m thinking of raising a web form to add him to my application, so I want to know what’s involved. Hope there will be no recalculation of points at this stage? How long did it take? Could I lose my PR in the process and is it safer to just go alone and sponsor him later? I just worry that I may not be able to handle 2 kids all alone in Canada and hence the reason why I want to add him now.
You can change to accompanying and your points will be recalculated. If your score is high enough for that draw with changing his status then go ahead. See reply to the OP’s question last year.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-1059#post-10052788

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
The answer is no. My points will drop. I want to know if they still recalculate points after PR. I’ve heard that you can add spouse after PPR when eligibility is passed and they won’t need to recalculate your points. So I want to confirm before I try that. Again, I can’t have my points recalculated because I’ll fall below the cut off of my draw.

You can change to accompanying and your points will be recalculated. If your score is high enough for that draw with changing his status then go ahead. See reply to the OP’s question last year.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-1059#post-10052788

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The answer is no. My points will drop. I want to know if they still recalculate points after PR. I’ve heard that you can add spouse after PPR when eligibility is passed and they won’t need to recalculate your points. So I want to confirm before I try that. Again, I can’t have my points recalculated because I’ll fall below the cut off of my draw.
If you know of people that were successful then ask them. Search the forum for success stories. Current guidelines are that your score would be reassessed.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay