+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Non-Accompanying Spouse to Accompanying

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi All,
I need help with my PR application. I would really appreciate if someone can help.

I submitted AOR with my spouse as non accompanying. The cut off at time of invitation was 500 and my CRS was 504. Now i want to add my spouse as accompanying. As we were married before ITA so I know my CRS score would be recalculated. And it would go below 500 and my application can get rejected. I have the following confusion:

* At time of ITA my Canadian experience was 1 year, it is now 2 years. Is it possible to update my Canadian job experience to 2 years for recalculation of CRS score after adding spouse? Or recalculation would consider only addition of my spouse and wont add extra points for my additional job experience.
* I have passed the eligibility checks so was wondering if there is any other way out apart from withdrawing the application.

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can anyone respond to this, Thank you
It "appears" that your points will be recalculated based on the documents you submitted at the time of AOR. Your work experience gets locked till them time of your ITA (verified by documents declared for application). If you don't get any response here, hire a lawyer or RCIC to look into your application. Here's an old thread for you: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-non-accompanying-status-of-dependents-to-accompanying-after-ppr.570133/

Were points only the reason your spouse was non-accompanying?