+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes to Processing of Skilled Workers.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Hi ....

I have send my application under Federal skilled worker on February 25 and courier packet was received by Canadian High Commission office at Buffalo on February 26 (I have courier acknowledgment).

Per article on CIC site which states:

"Once passed, the new measures will apply to applications received on or after February 27, 2008.

Those who applied prior to February 27, 2008, will not be subject to the new measures and will be dealt with fairly under the existing rules"

Question:
a) Will my application be process under new rule or old rule?
b) What is different in "Application Received" Vs "Applied"?
c) When can I expect my AOR per application received by Canadian High commission, Buffalo on February 26?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PCHC said:
Hi ....

I have send my application under Federal skilled worker on February 25 and courier packet was received by Canadian High Commission office at Buffalo on February 26 (I have courier acknowledgment).

Per article on CIC site which states:

"Once passed, the new measures will apply to applications received on or after February 27, 2008.

Those who applied prior to February 27, 2008, will not be subject to the new measures and will be dealt with fairly under the existing rules"

Question:
a) Will my application be process under new rule or old rule?

Old
b) What is different in "Application Received" Vs "Applied"?
Date application received in CHC office.

c) When can I expect my AOR per application received by Canadian High commission, Buffalo on February 26?
A couple of months.

PMM