+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Institute for the third attempt !

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hello everyone!

To start off with a brief, this is where I am at during this stage!

1st Visa Rejection SDS : 09th Sep 19'
2nd Visa Rejection SDS : 11th Oct 19'

As of now I have reworked on my entire profile as both the times it was an online submission and could not submit additional documents for proof.
Both the times the rejection mail stated that I am not a bonafide student and I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay. The proposed studies and not in accordance with what I have done earlier and insufficient funds being the last.
Applied for the CAIPS notes and it stated that the officer feels I will not leave Canada at the end of my course and also added see LOA in the notes (which I have not understood of how did my LOA giveaway that I would not come back to India) and I will not be able to sustain myself during my timeline there.

Plan on submitting my application again under the general paper submission but I have changed my school that I had earlier planned on heading. The first two attempts had the same school but due to the delay the school is full in capacity for international students.

Was wondering if this would affect my case ?

If anyone has any knowledge on this aspect please would love to hear from you.

Cheers!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Changing institution may not help your case as it may make you look more desperate to be in Canada versus studying a subject at an institution.

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Oh darn. What's your opinion on if I mention that in the SOP stating that the was full to capacity? still doesn't hold good?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That may mitigate to some degree. Your only choice is to explain.

Have you requested visa officer notes for everything? Addressed all concerns?

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Fair enough!
Yes got all the notes, the main concern was I didn't attach my transcript and show my parents proofs of funds thus the ambiguity on me being able to sustain myself in Canada and he not being able to verify my degree course.
So that's taken care of now with me doing the paper submission as I'll be attaching all these shortfalls but at this juncture unfortunately the school has held up with acceptance of international students hope this doesn't create a no go.
Do you know of such a case? Changing of the school prior to landing up in Canada?

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Changing institution may not help your case as it may make you look more desperate to be in Canada versus studying a subject at an institution.
Bro I had this same issue I applied to Carleton University for fall 2019 for the electrical engineering program unfortunately study visa and was to late to apply as my study visa was denied in August and classes were resuming may so I just stated in my loe that my admission letter was rendered invalid for that year so I decided to apply to University of Manitoba for fall 2020 for same Electrical engineering and was admitted to the u1 program which is a normal trend first year students follow and am looking to apply for visa this month pls what's your take on this

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Bro I had this same issue I applied to Carleton University for fall 2019 for the electrical engineering program unfortunately study visa and was to late to apply as my study visa was denied in August and classes were resuming may so I just stated in my loe that my admission letter was rendered invalid for that year so I decided to apply to University of Manitoba for fall 2020 for same Electrical engineering and was admitted to the u1 program which is a normal trend first year students follow and am looking to apply for visa this month pls what's your take on this
Hey.
So I had a similar case where due to my two visa rejections I had to change my institute.
The same has to be explained in your SOE( due to the visa rejections mention your UCI number along with the rejection date, you were compelled to change your institute)
From all that I have researched, as long as you dont change your course you are good to go ( As I also confirmed this with CAIPS Team that gave me my File Notes)
Hope this helps you and good luck.

Reactions: EugineK

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Hey.
So I had a similar case where due to my two visa rejections I had to change my institute.
The same has to be explained in your SOE( due to the visa rejections mention your UCI number along with the rejection date, you were compelled to change your institute)
From all that I have researched, as long as you dont change your course you are good to go ( As I also confirmed this with CAIPS Team that gave me my File Notes)
Hope this helps you and good luck.
Okay thanks bro but I stated that my admission letter for the previous school became invalid for that term, is this okay if not what do you think I could day.
And on your third attempt were you given

roeldsouza

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Okay thanks bro but I stated that my admission letter for the previous school became invalid for that term, is this okay if not what do you think I could day.
And on your third attempt were you given
That works bro.
I have just applied last week. Did a paper base submission last week.