30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Hi!

So I'm an AINP nominee, I got an open work permit extension of my permit when I flag-poled (restricted only to Alberta), and I got my AOR already (The XEP** one). My AINP nomination also said no restrictions on employment.

I applied under employer-driven stream though, but again, both my nomination and my wor permit extension came without any restriction. Even the CIC guy at the border was like "I'm being nice here eh! Go get a better job".

I'm a project manager 0711, and if I change job would be to an Architectural office.

So, can I do it? Will I get in any problem? I have search treads and there is to much back and forth arguments. Specially "you got the nomination on an employer-driven stream". Yeah but got my nomination open, got my work permit extension open as well.

Please if anybody have come into this situation let me know, as I need to know whether I should stay put or go for it. Thanks

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
What I've heard is that in cases like yours, the open WP would basically allow you to get a second job. But you would still have to qualify for the requirements of the job you applied for AINP with. In other words, if you got your AINP nomination based on a full-time job offer from company A, then you would have to keep working full-time at company A, but you would be allowed to get a second job at company B.

But I agree that there's so much conflicting information about this that it's very hard to know what's true and what's not. Even CIC agents and officers for sure don't seem to know consistently what the rules are. And nobody really wants to take a chance and try out the different options, because the results could be so catastrophic if it turned out that the "wrong" route was taken.

Personally I would stay put if you're close to getting your PR, because in my opinion it wouldn't be worth the risk. But if the new job offer is tempting enough, then you might want to go for it. Wouldn't the AINP office be able to answer your questions though? I'm sure they deal with these things often enough.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
I could try calling AINP liisa. Problem is just that, the variety of information about same topic.

Like I said, even the immigration officer was encouraging me to change employer, and then I read or hear in some other places how "you cannot do that at all", then the permit says "yes go for it".

What a problem is to deal with this CIC things, and all the misleading information. I'm guessing I'm still 8-10 months from getting PR, so if I have the chance I would consider doing it.

Oh, what to do......

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OWP does allow you to change jobs and this is based on your current status as a worker. There are possible impacts to
your PR application though if you change jobs:

1. You may need to inform AINP your job has changed. They (AINP) can then verify if your eligibility for the nomination has changed
- They can look into their records and see if there has been no withdrawal of the nomination or no objection/letter from the employer that the job offer has been withdrawn
- They may query the employer (who gave the qualifying offer) and ask if there is no objection from them

2. Should you not inform your PNP - as part of the PR application process (usually in the finalization stage), your VO or processing office, may ask to check your eligibility again, which is a query to the PNP to again verify the validity of the nomination. Then your PNP may do the things above.

If your former employer has no objection and will not withdraw support for the nomination, then you are ok - the nomination is still valid and your PR application is not affected.

.../hth

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
I got BOWP since oct, i changed my job two times. I call AINP they said we had to let them know and they will re-check everything and see if we still qualify for the nomination. Then I called CIC and they said it was no problem changing jobs, just follow what the work permit says. If it states the province, you have to stay in that province. So i never called AINP and I decided to stay in the same province with a similar job but for a different company.

Still waiting for my PR, but i got GCMS notes two days ago, and it shows eligibiligy passed. Criminality in progress and waiting for medicals to be extended (medicals expired already), security hasn't started.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Axmcol18 said:
Still waiting for my PR, but i got GCMS notes two days ago, and it shows eligibiligy passed.
If you request GCMS after your PR has been granted, you should see in the notes section (last part of the GCMS) the checks/verification of eligibility again - similar to this:

Reviewed for eligibility. PN cert on file. No concerns. Selection passed. No adverse info on FOSS.

.../hth

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Oh..... Maybe I should call AINP. Anybody has their number?

So as per ragluf there COULD be problems. Only thing I don't get is why they give the nomination without restrictions if when you actually change job they put "but's" on you doing it, right?

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
So I just got off the phone with AINP, and they told me that If I change my job after nomination and already in the process of PR, I still have to let them know, BUT that it shouldn't affect my nomination.

He said: I don't see even one reason why this would affect you or why we wouldn't support your nomination anymore. You still have to inform us though and CIC, so we can have it in our system, but you'll be ok.

Not that I trust too much AINP workers, but that is what they said.

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
Well I decided no to say anything because when I call the AINP agent told me that they had to evaluate it again and see if the province still will nominate us. What I understood is that they could cancel the nomination and CIC will refuse the PR because there is not nomination supporting the application.

BTW this week I'll complete my 17 months.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
My wife was laid off after completing 3 months of work by her employer without giving any reason with 2 weeks pay. She is a NSNP Skilled Worker with CWP (obtained on the basis of Temporary Letter of Support from NSOI) + TRV. She has applied PR from within Canada as a Provincial Nominee.

Is it possible to convert her CWP to OWP as none of the employers are willing to pay the $230 Employers Compliance Fee to CIC + Submit NSNP Form 200 to issue a new CWP for her. New CWP itself will take around 2-3 months.

Any advise is appreciated.

Jan 8, 2012
Hello..
Any news for those who change employer with application in cic under ainp?i just quit my job but i have open work permit.im still waiting for my passport request and dec. 2014 applicant.
Thank you.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

- When you get nomination under AINP employer driven stream and apply for work permit extension, you should either get employer specific work permit (if the employer paid the employer compliance fee) or bridging open work permit (any employer). For BOWP, you need to have AOR and 4 months to expiry of current WP, correct?

I received AOR in the beginning of August and received my Employer specific extended work permit in the beginning of September. Can I apply for BOWP now? I know I might get rejected because they just issued me the extension.

Advise guys.

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2012
lifeonedge said:
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

- When you get nomination under AINP employer driven stream and apply for work permit extension, you should either get employer specific work permit (if the employer paid the employer compliance fee) or bridging open work permit (any employer). For BOWP, you need to have AOR and 4 months to expiry of current WP, correct?

I received AOR in the beginning of August and received my Employer specific extended work permit in the beginning of September. Can I apply for BOWP now? I know I might get rejected because they just issued me the extension.

Advise guys.

Cheers.
Cic depend on nomination certificate whether you are eligible in OWP or not. Check your nomination certificate if it says there that you dont have restrictions on employment then you can apply OWP. You will find it under the employers name in the left side of your certificate.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
valenciacathy15 said:
Cic depend on nomination certificate whether you are eligible in OWP or not. Check your nomination certificate if it says there that you dont have restrictions on employment then you can apply OWP. You will find it under the employers name in the left side of your certificate.
Yes it says no restrictions, but when I received the work permit, it's specific to my current employer.

Can I still apply for open work permit?

Bhumimistry

Jul 25, 2016
lifeonedge said:
Yes it says no restrictions, but when I received the work permit, it's specific to my current employer.

Can I still apply for open work permit?
can you specify more pls
cos i had an open wp then i applied job and i got AINP. but on AINP certificate there is name of my company my noc number 4214 and job restriction is no.
i applied my pr file based on AINP, got my file number then i lose my job last week. looking for the job. didnt notify to AINP, and CIC(PR) yet.because my lawyer said dont inform cic and ainp, find job and inform, so i will find same NOC 4214(B category) job. yesterday i saw online that my BOWP approved, so waiting for it to see whats on my BOWP mention..
hoping for the best that no emplyer name on BOWP.