+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change employer after AOR w/Open work permit and AINP

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Axmcol18 said:
I got BOWP since oct, i changed my job two times. I call AINP they said we had to let them know and they will re-check everything and see if we still qualify for the nomination. Then I called CIC and they said it was no problem changing jobs, just follow what the work permit says. If it states the province, you have to stay in that province. So i never called AINP and I decided to stay in the same province with a similar job but for a different company.

Still waiting for my PR, but i got GCMS notes two days ago, and it shows eligibiligy passed. Criminality in progress and waiting for medicals to be extended (medicals expired already), security hasn't started.
i hv same prob. wt did u do.
did u get pr?
did u notify to Ainp?

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I have same question I applied under EDS-international graduate, got my AINP got my AOR I have applied BOWP, would I be able to switch jobs ?
Thanks

Second Chance

May 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Is it possible to change employer after you got your AOR for PR application under AINP? No restrictions on nomination but under close work permit.

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I am on bowp but I applied under employer driven, I gave my medical last month should I wait for couple of months to get ppr or I can switch jobs

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
Hello Everyone, i need your guys help. Its urgent.

I am a provincial nominee and going to apply for a Bridging open work permit.

I changed my job 7 months ago and everyone including one lawyer suggested me, no need to inform Federal or Province as it can delay the process further.

Now as i mentioned before ,going to apply for a Bridging open work permit means i need to fill up the form which is asking to fill up last 10 years employment history. What should i do? should I lie at the form? or should I inform federal about my new job? they can ask question that why i am telling them so late after 7 months.

But even after telling them the information my province and federal has will be different which can cause issues. I actually called province last month and pretended that i am asking for my friend ,
They replied that your friend should have informed us right away after changing the job ,now its completely up to officer.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No

I changed my job 7 months ago and everyone including one lawyer suggested me, no need to inform Federal or Province as it can delay the process further.

Now as i mentioned before ,going to apply for a Bridging open work permit means i need to fill up the form which is asking to fill up last 10 years employment history. What should i do? should I lie at the form? or should I inform federal about my new job? they can ask question that why i am telling them so late after 7 months.

But even after telling them the information my province and federal has will be different which can cause issues. I actually called province last month and pretended that i am asking for my friend ,
They replied that your friend should have informed us right away after changing the job ,now its completely up to officer.

Thanks.
You should’ve told the truth. Reason?
They have all the information of an applicant. When you changed the employer, the new paystubs were also linked to your SIN number via Canada revenue agency. So employement information verification could contradict.
I would call them and inform about the changes. As, if they ask, its gonna pop up under additional documents request. Which makes the same difference cuz its gonna take the time ultimately.

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017

Thanks.
When I applied I only mentioned the name of my currently employer I left other section Blank as N/A and your current work permit must be open and nomination should not be restricted.
I don't know what to say.

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
You should’ve told the truth. Reason?
They have all the information of an applicant. When you changed the employer, the new paystubs were also linked to your SIN number via Canada revenue agency. So employement information verification could contradict.
I would call them and inform about the changes. As, if they ask, its gonna pop up under additional documents request. Which makes the same difference cuz its gonna take the time ultimately.
U are right but lots of applicant do the same and i was expecting to get PR before May, i didnt know that it will take that much time.

Now what is the best option? inform CIC and AINP both?

what if they AINP cancel my nomination as i will tell them after 7 months.

and what about federal?

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
When I applied I only mentioned the name of my currently employer I left other section Blank as N/A and your current work permit must be open and nomination should not be restricted.
I don't know what to say.
U means other section in the form? IMM5710.

we need to fill out all the info.

I do have an open wp and not restricted nomination.

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017

I do have an open wp and not restricted nomination.[/QUOT

I do have an open wp and not restricted nomination.
I don't know what to say you have to take your own chances a friend of mine just updated CIC a day after he got a new job, i don't think he told AINP. Normally employer verification takes place.

Brarj24

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Hi!

So I'm an AINP nominee, I got an open work permit extension of my permit when I flag-poled (restricted only to Alberta), and I got my AOR already (The XEP** one). My AINP nomination also said no restrictions on employment.

I applied under employer-driven stream though, but again, both my nomination and my wor permit extension came without any restriction. Even the CIC guy at the border was like "I'm being nice here eh! Go get a better job".

I'm a project manager 0711, and if I change job would be to an Architectural office.

So, can I do it? Will I get in any problem? I have search treads and there is to much back and forth arguments. Specially "you got the nomination on an employer-driven stream". Yeah but got my nomination open, got my work permit extension open as well.

Please if anybody have come into this situation let me know, as I need to know whether I should stay put or go for it. Thanks
Can I extend my work permit only through AINP nomination