+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB Question

farsadvfx

Aug 3, 2020
Hi, I am under working Visa sponsored (not open). started my work in Dec 2019 and earned more than 7000$ that last month of 2019. As of May my company stopped working with me due to some agreements we had before so we could join again after a break But my Visa and contract is till end of November 2020 and the company has not terminated it so we may go back anytime. But due to the Covid they nor others don't have work anymore and i am searching for next job. Am i eligible? Also is there a way to borrow and pay it back later?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi, I am under working Visa sponsored (not open). started my work in Dec 2019 and earned more than 7000$ that last month of 2019. As of May my company stopped working with me due to some agreements we had before so we could join again after a break But my Visa and contract is till end of November 2020 and the company has not terminated it so we may go back anytime. But due to the Covid they nor others don't have work anymore and i am searching for next job. Am i eligible? Also is there a way to borrow and pay it back later?
No, you are not eligible to receive CREB. One of the reason is that you stopped working because you and the company had issues, not solely because of the COVID19. And let me remind you that if anybody try to cheat the government on CREB, the penalty can be $50,000 or jail time, or both.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The conpany would need to lay you off or fire you becauae of covid to qualify. You need to receive a ROE. There is clearly nore to this story.

farsadvfx

Aug 3, 2020
The conpany would need to lay you off or fire you becauae of covid to qualify. You need to receive a ROE. There is clearly nore to this story.
thx for reply. Quite disappointing to pay so much tax and get Zero Aid when the condition of the country is not allowing for further works.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
thx for reply. Quite disappointing to pay so much tax and get Zero Aid when the condition of the country is not allowing for further works.
Although you are not eligible for CREB, but I think you qualified for EI, if your status in Canada is allowed you to apply EI.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to be laid of or fired from your job formally to receive CERB or EI. It is unclear what kind of arrangement you have but there needs to be formal records of you losing your job in order to qualify for CERB or EI.