Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
Just get my Celpip scores
get a L12, R12, W8, S7
it's so ridiculous to me, since in TOEFL and IELTS taken recently my speaking scores just slightly lower than my listening part(speaking in toefl 24/30 and in Ielts 7.5)
and even my IELTS writing with shitty handwriting is better than this.(get a 6.5 writing last time, trying to get more 0.5 now)
How come all of sudden my speaking and writing ability is half of what my listening and reading is
I took this Celpip because I usually get better scores when writing in computer based test.(get a 27/30 in toefl writing section), it seems the result is otherwise. I took another ietls last Saturday, wait to see the scores.
Am I the only one feeling this scoring system is much less standardized than IELTS? I am not sure whether to reevaluate this celpip test now.

Reactions: sharpeyes911

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got 12 10 9 8 and got my PR.
Didn't try IETLS at all, but I think that is pretty good scoring (as per my exception and my gut feelings) based on how I did that day.

Fees are absolutely crazy if I remember correctly :-[
If you take 5 tests, that's $1,500+ and your time travelled.

Reactions: CANADA2002

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
You can try an re-evaluation as soon as possible (it has to be done within 6 weeks of test date) https://www.celpiptest.ca/faq/what-if-i-feel-my-test-has-been-evaluated-incorrectly/

I personally think CELPIP speaking test is a bit harder than IELTS, since you have to talk with a computer with time constraints

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
crossandmiserable said:
i got my writing remarked and it went from an 8 to 12. give it a try
just ordered reevluation, it's so expensive, with this test and the ielts I've taken, it's already close to 1000 bucks and a lot of time has been wasted

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
ImmiToCanada said:
You can try an re-evaluation as soon as possible (it has to be done within 6 weeks of test date) https://www.celpiptest.ca/faq/what-if-i-feel-my-test-has-been-evaluated-incorrectly/

I personally think CELPIP speaking test is a bit harder than IELTS, since you have to talk with a computer with time constraints
I did speak to the computer on TOEFL and scores are not that bad according to the scores (24/30 is even good enough for most of Canadian law schools requirement), although the speaking content bothers me because I am not getting used to describe what a really bad shaped kitchen looks like or how a shopping mall looks like. That kind of conversation just doesn't happen everyday.
For the writing part I think I out numberd the words limits, a bit more than 200 but I am not sure if this is a strict rule that you should not exceed the 200 words limitation.

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
djshshajtm said:
I got 12 10 9 8 and got my PR.
Didn't try IETLS at all, but I think that is pretty good scoring (as per my exception and my gut feelings) based on how I did that day.

Fees are absolutely crazy if I remember correctly :-[
If you take 5 tests, that's $1,500+ and your time travelled.
Just ordered another test and the express rating, too bad we cannot retake the test in 1-2 weeks but have to wait for 30 days. It really sucks
I am both taking ielts and this one while I have to prepare for my LSAT and law school application. It's like spending a whole year in English standardized Test and I am not feeling too good about it :eek:

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
andrewhl said:
although the speaking content bothers me because I am not getting used to describe what a really bad shaped kitchen looks like or how a shopping mall looks like. That kind of conversation just doesn't happen everyday.
This is what drove me insane about my IELTS. I had to talk about my shoe collection. I remember thinking "I'm going to get a bad score because I don't have anything even remotely intelligent to say about my shoe collection.". They're shoes, for crying out loud.

If they want to test people's ability to speak English they should be more creative about the subject matter.

Jerry Lewis

Nov 17, 2017
i got my writing remarked and it went from an 8 to 12. give it a try
Forget CELPIP, they don't have a good criteria to evaluate Writing and Speaking. I don't know why but it seams If you do once, they keep this score as a reference for next tests evaluation... I know several people after trying twice the score remains the same.... Definitely go with IELTS!

Sahhmv

Dec 12, 2017
Forget CELPIP, they don't have a good criteria to evaluate Writing and Speaking. I don't know why but it seams If you do once, they keep this score as a reference for next tests evaluation... I know several people after trying twice the score remains the same.... Definitely go with IELTS!
I took Celpip for the 3rd time last weekend and I couldn't be more frustrated with it... First attempt I got R 12, L 9, W 7, S 7 asked for re-evalution of W and S, both went up W 8 and S 9. Second time I got R12, L 10, W 8, S 8, again asked for re-evaluation of W and S as I knew I did a better job if compared with my first test, however no score changes.
Third attempt I got R 12, L 11, W 7, S 7, my W and S scores don't make any sense, I even did the Celpip accelerate course they offer and I did the writing exactly as they say it should be. I live in Canada for 2 years and I'm in the college here, I have a fairly good speaking and writing, taking Celpip was just a waste of time for me... their evaluation for Writing and Speaking is ridiculous. I asked for re-evaluation for this third test, and if I don't get at least 9 I will not try CELPIP again.... I will go for IELTS.

Reactions: sharpeyes911

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Celpip speaking evaluation is completely incorrect. No matter how good you do, your score will always disappint you. I attempted CELPIP twice and scored 10+ in LRW however for speaking I got only 6. My speaking did not go well in first attempt and I was expecting 8 but got 6, that's still fine. However I did much better in my second speaking attempt and was confident to get a 9, but unfortunately they gave me 6 again. This was completely shocking to me. I realized that CELPIP speaking is a lot easier for native speakers but very difficulty for people from countries other than US/Canada. I am preparing for IELTS now and hope to score better than CELPIP.

Melinkiton

Dec 24, 2017
Celpip speaking evaluation is completely incorrect. No matter how good you do, your score will always disappint you. I attempted CELPIP twice and scored 10+ in LRW however for speaking I got only 6. My speaking did not go well in first attempt and I was expecting 8 but got 6, that's still fine. However I did much better in my second speaking attempt and was confident to get a 9, but unfortunately they gave me 6 again. This was completely shocking to me. I realized that CELPIP speaking is a lot easier for native speakers but very difficulty for people from countries other than US/Canada. I am preparing for IELTS now and hope to score better than CELPIP.
Well we are not native speakers. However, my wife scored L11/R12/W9/S10. Test Date: Jan 26, 2018 (Dubai).
Just keep practicing. Don’t be cheap in buying additional materials. They are REALLY helpful!
I know that speaking is a bit stupid in CELPIP. Especially that “strange” pictures to describe :)

movupnorth

Feb 7, 2018
Highly recommend the free celpip speaking pro webinars which are held every few weeks. They tell you exactly what they are looking for and how to do well.

Reactions: Melinkiton