+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP re-evaluation

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I got my CELPIP scores today: L 11, R 12, W 8(!), S 7(!)
This score is useless for me because I need 9 in each. Should I try re-evaluation? I know that I have good chances of reaching 9 in writing because I believe I wrote better than a score of 8. Not sure if it is possible to increase the speaking from 7 to 9. I am financially broke and I don't want to throw away my money until there are chances to reach a score of 9. Please suggest!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
The writing and speaking sections are both scored by humans, so it is entirely possible that your score will change if you request that they're evaluated. The difference between a 7 and 9 is fairly small. It would be less expensive to have them re-evaluated than to have to take the exam again, especially since you get the fee refunded if they change your score.

They can and have increased scores by 1-2 points many times. I had my writing score changed from an 8 to a 10 when I had it re-evaluated. If you are not confident that your speaking score can increase by 2 points, though, perhaps it might be better to wait and work on your speaking before taking the test again in several months.

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
I have two things to ask regarding CELPIP score card.

I gave my test on 8th December 2017 and got my result on 20th December 2017. I applied for revaluation and got my result on 17th January.

While making up Express Entry, I have two columns,

1. Test results - What should I fill over there ?? Revaluation result date or actual result date
2. Test Report Form number or certificate number - I have only registration and PIN number on score card. What should I fill under this section

I will appreciate if someone helps me under this matter.

Thanks

Serafim21

Apr 17, 2018
The writing and speaking sections are both scored by humans, so it is entirely possible that your score will change if you request that they're evaluated. The difference between a 7 and 9 is fairly small. It would be less expensive to have them re-evaluated than to have to take the exam again, especially since you get the fee refunded if they change your score.

They can and have increased scores by 1-2 points many times. I had my writing score changed from an 8 to a 10 when I had it re-evaluated. If you are not confident that your speaking score can increase by 2 points, though, perhaps it might be better to wait and work on your speaking before taking the test again in several months.
Would they do a reading re evaluation?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Would they do a reading re evaluation?
I don't think there will be any change in reading score because it can be either right or wrong answer only.

lfeng

Apr 23, 2018
This score is useless for me because I need 9 in each. Should I try re-evaluation? I know that I have good chances of reaching 9 in writing because I believe I wrote better than a score of 8. Not sure if it is possible to increase the speaking from 7 to 9. I am financially broke and I don't want to throw away my money until there are chances to reach a score of 9. Please suggest!
any updates?

nessa.aline

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Did you ask for re-evaluation?

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017

I gave my test on 8th December 2017 and got my result on 20th December 2017. I applied for revaluation and got my result on 17th January.

1. Test results - What should I fill over there ?? Revaluation result date or actual result date
2. Test Report Form number or certificate number - I have only registration and PIN number on score card. What should I fill under this section

Thanks

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

Thanks
1. It seemed to me like they were asking for the date the results were issued, so I listed the date on the paper copy that I got with my re-evaluated results. If anyone had re-evaluated results but put a different date for their results, please let us know!
2. Put the registration number in as the form number and put the PIN where it asks for the PIN.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Did you ask for re-evaluation?
Yes..I asked for re-evaluation in writing and speaking.
New score: L 11, R 12, W 9(changed from 8), S 8(changed from 7)
Still lacking that dreaded 1 point in speaking :mad:
Will appear in IELTS soon! People are suggesting me to go for IELTS because it is almost a general consensus now that the speaking section in CELPIP is unfair!