+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP RE-EVALUATION 2017

lfeng

Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I just received my CELPIP test score yesterday, and it appears to be 8 8 8 6(S), does anyone who had successful revaluation experience can advise whether should I do the revaluation and is it possible for me to get a 7 after it?

Appreciated.
Go for it, it's just another 65 dollar. Not a big deal, keep us posted!

lfeng

Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I just received my CELPIP test score yesterday, and it appears to be 8 8 8 6(S), does anyone who had successful revaluation experience can advise whether should I do the revaluation and is it possible for me to get a 7 after it?

Appreciated.
Hey any updates, increase after reevaluation?

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey everyone.

I just got my test results from Celpip today. The marks were: 12, 12, 9, 8 (L, R, W, S). I decided to order a re-evaluation on both W & S.

I am very frustrated with these results, to be honest, as I am sure that my speaking was actually worth more than that. I heard a few people saying that Celpip usually gives you lower scores in speaking if you are not a native speaker - even if you are fluent. Maybe it is just a hoax, maybe not. But I have decided to not spend money on another CELPIP exam. $140 in preparation materials, $115 in re-evaluation costs plus the price of exam is just too much. Since I am hopeless that they will raise my grade, I just applied for IELTS a few minutes ago and will take it next week.

Well, if I am lucky to get my grade raised, will surely let you all know.

lets_see

Feb 12, 2018
Hey everyone.

I just got my test results from Celpip today. The marks were: 12, 12, 9, 8 (L, R, W, S). I decided to order a re-evaluation on both W & S.

I am very frustrated with these results, to be honest, as I am sure that my speaking was actually worth more than that. I heard a few people saying that Celpip usually gives you lower scores in speaking if you are not a native speaker - even if you are fluent. Maybe it is just a hoax, maybe not. But I have decided to not spend money on another CELPIP exam. $140 in preparation materials, $115 in re-evaluation costs plus the price of exam is just too much. Since I am hopeless that they will raise my grade, I just applied for IELTS a few minutes ago and will take it next week.

Well, if I am lucky to get my grade raised, will surely let you all know.
All the very best and keep us posted

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi everybody,

I took the CELPIP test in December 2017 for the first time but couldn't score 9 in each so I retook it 2 weeks ago.
I've got the score now and it's: L9, R11, W8, S8.
I'm sure that in Speaking I did better than 8 but unsure about the Writing. I at least need 9 in each.
Can anyone advice on applying for reevaluation in Writing and Speaking?

Thanks in advance!

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi everybody,

I took the CELPIP test in December 2017 for the first time but couldn't score 9 in each so I retook it 2 weeks ago.
I'm sure that in Speaking I did better than 8 but unsure about the Writing. I at least need 9 in each.

Thanks in advance!
Hey,

Just like I said above, there was not any change for either my S or W, even though I am certain that I deserved better on both. So, I spent 115 dollars on nothing. But you may be luckier.. Try it! I would advise trying IELTS if you need to go for a second attempt.

Good luck!

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance!
In October I applied for both Speaking and Writing. Writing boosted to 9 but Speaking stayed on 8.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hey,

Just like I said above, there was not any change for either my S or W, even though I am certain that I deserved better on both. So, I spent 115 dollars on nothing. But you may be luckier.. Try it! I would advise trying IELTS if you need to go for a second attempt.

Good luck!
Thanks,

I decided to give it a try and paid 115 bucks. I guess it's worth trying because I can't retake the test until next 30 days from my previous seating.
Thanks for your advice on IELTS. I had taken IELTS in the past, although I could do well in L, R, and S I screwed the Writing part.
It seems from all the responses in this thread that CELPIP reevaluation never leads to pumping up all the components to 9.
Fingers are crossed!
Hoping for the best, especially considering the latest EE cutoff of 440.

Cheers

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
In October I applied for both Speaking and Writing. Writing boosted to 9 but Speaking stayed on 8.
Thanks,

Yeah, I guess its more or less the story for everyone. No matter how certain you're, because the reevaluation for more than one component with scores less than 8, seems hardly boost up to 9.
I'll post my score once updated.

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks,

I decided to give it a try and paid 115 bucks. I guess it's worth trying because I can't retake the test until next 30 days from my previous seating.
Thanks for your advice on IELTS. I had taken IELTS in the past, although I could do well in L, R, and S I screwed the Writing part.
It seems from all the responses in this thread that CELPIP reevaluation never leads to pumping up all the components to 9.
Fingers are crossed!
Hoping for the best, especially considering the latest EE cutoff of 440.

Cheers
Mate,

I took CELPIP on April 21st, got: L12, R12, W9, S8 (speaking almost there), reevalulation didn’t change a thing.

Took IELTS on May 12th, got: L8.5, R9, W6.5, S8 (writing almost there), waiting for reevaluation.

Took CELPIP again this weekend (decided to give a last try) and with express rating, got results today: L9, R12, W8, S7. Not asking for reevaluation.

Gonna go for IELTS again now, which seems much easier and solid than CELPIP. CELPIP never again..

Reactions: thor07

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Mate,

I took CELPIP on April 21st, got: L12, R12, W9, S8 (speaking almost there), reevalulation didn’t change a thing.

Took IELTS on May 12th, got: L8.5, R9, W6.5, S8 (writing almost there), waiting for reevaluation.

Took CELPIP again this weekend (decided to give a last try) and with express rating, got results today: L9, R12, W8, S7. Not asking for reevaluation.

Gonna go for IELTS again now, which seems much easier and solid than CELPIP. CELPIP never again..
Hi,

It totally makes sense why you're aiming for IELTS after seeing all of your scores.
But my case is a bit different, I took IELTS twice but could only score 6 in Writing on my both attempts.
Probably my illegible handwriting and spelling errors drowned my score badly.
My IELTS scores were:

IELTS - 1st attempt: L:7.5, R:7.5, W:6, S:8
IELTS - 2nd attempt: L:8, R:7.5, W:6, S:8.5

The thing with CELPIP is that it detects spell-check and handwriting is out of scope.
But the problem with CELPIP is Speaking although I scored 9 on my first attempt with CELPIP.
Seems that CELPIP raters have high-performance standards in Speaking and IELTS has it for Writing.

I'll give one more try to CELPIP if my reevaluation is unsuccessful because I've paid for its online material and I ain't used to handwrite anymore.
If things still don't work out then I have to take IELTS as you've suggested.

Thanks yet again for your advice.

Reactions: rclmont

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi,

It totally makes sense why you're aiming for IELTS after seeing all of your scores.
But my case is a bit different, I took IELTS twice but could only score 6 in Writing on my both attempts.
My IELTS scores were:

The thing with CELPIP is that it detects spell-check and handwriting is out of scope.
But the problem with CELPIP is Speaking although I scored 9 on my first attempt with CELPIP.
Seems that CELPIP raters have high-performance standards in Speaking and IELTS has it for Writing.

I'll give one more try to CELPIP if my reevaluation is unsuccessful because I've paid for its online material and I ain't used to handwrite anymore.

I definitely agree with you that reevaluation should always be tried. There is always a chance.

I don’t have any idea of how my writing was this bad in IELTS, but it still seems to be closer for me to reach a desired mark than CELPIP.

Good luck on it and keep us posted!!

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi,

My IELTS scores were:

You were so close in your second attempt. Did you requester EOR (Re-evaluation) for your Writing? They are not too keen on giving 7s there but my wife got 6.5 and after the EOR it boosted to 7.5 so she got a full point. If I were you I would continue on IELTS

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
You were so close in your second attempt. Did you requester EOR (Re-evaluation) for your Writing? They are not too keen on giving 7s there but my wife got 6.5 and after the EOR it boosted to 7.5 so she got a full point. If I were you I would continue on IELTS
Oh man, that is so great to read this!! I got a 6.5 and am waiting for a re-evaluation. I am sure that I did better than the grade they gave me..

Could you tell me how long it took from the day your wife applied for a re-evaluation to the day the result came out? And when was it? This month, last year..?

Wondering how long mine will take!