Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Thank you. I am going to apply under B (NOC 2241) category. Will be taking CELPIP early next month.

According to language index chart of CIC, B category need 5 OR 6.

Just want to confirm with you guys. Senior please explain why CIC wrote 2 CLB level 5 & 6.

I am confused that I need 5 or 6 ?

Thanks

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
johnson77 said:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest me for the CELPIP test materials .?
You can get some practice questions here, https://www.celpiptest.ca/accredited-celpip-preparation-program/

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello where do you get study materials for celpip?

ilikesushi

Feb 16, 2016
I think I did really poorly on the Speaking section, despite being a native English speaker. I got really nervous talking about rather personal topics in a starkly silent room full of strangers trying to take a test and a frowning test proctor sitting right behind me, so I think I spoke too quietly and with a shaky voice. My sentences were very choppy, I said "um" and paused a lot, and often abruptly rephrased midway through a sentence.

If I indeed failed that section, would it be possible to retake only the Speaking section and amend my scores with that?

I just took it yesterday, so I have to wait 8 more business days to find out how badly I did .

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
ilikesushi said:
I think I did really poorly on the Speaking section, despite being a native English speaker. I got really nervous talking about rather personal topics in a starkly silent room full of strangers trying to take a test and a frowning test proctor sitting right behind me, so I think I spoke too quietly and with a shaky voice. My sentences were very choppy, I said "um" and paused a lot, and often abruptly rephrased midway through a sentence.

If I indeed failed that section, would it be possible to retake only the Speaking section and amend my scores with that?

I just took it yesterday, so I have to wait 8 more business days to find out how badly I did .

Unfortunately you cannot re-take only one part, you should re-take the whole test.

If you're confidential about W/L/R parts in a big classroom and paper, you can consider IETLS test.

I'm not english native speaking but I had the same problems with the Speaking part, it's the worst part for CELPIP in my opinion.

I prefer IETLS Speaking test in person but for the other parts I prefer CELPIP.

farazi

Jan 31, 2018
My advice to you; Never take the CELPIP, especially the ones who are applying for Express Entry and are required at least 9 out of 12 for each section. In my opinion, its rating system is literally ridiculous, in conjunction with other weaknesses that it has. Without boasting, my wife is a fluent English speaker and writer, yet her grades in speaking and writing were both 8 out of 12. We thought it may be wise to apply for revaluation. Her grades didn't change though. I have the experience of taking both TOEFL and CELPIP exams. I strongly believe the CELPIP test is the worst. For one thing, there are a very few materials available on the internet for the CELPIP. Unless you want to pay a lot to get the permission to download some materials from the CELPIP site. Still, you do not get enough to prepare yourself for the test. So, you are not confident what kind of test you are dealing with. On the other hand, you can find enough materials including the free tutoring videos for the IELTS exam. For another thing, as mentioned the rating system is a disaster and it is suffering from the lack of consistency. How is that possible someone whose English is good enough that he or she can get 11 or 12 out of 12 in reading and listening sections to get 7 or 8 in writing and speaking parts? As you know the last two parts get corrected by human raters, unlike the listening and reading parts which are corrected by a machine. In the other related forums, you can see that a lot of test takers are complaining about their scores. So, I advise you elaborate carefully before taking the test.

Reactions: thor07

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
e
My advice to you; Never take the CELPIP, especially the ones who are applying for Express Entry and are required at least 9 out of 12 for each section. In my opinion, its rating system is literally ridiculous, in conjunction with other weaknesses that it has. Without boasting, my wife is a fluent English speaker and writer, yet her grades in speaking and writing were both 8 out of 12. We thought it may be wise to apply for revaluation. Her grades didn't change though. I have the experience of taking both TOEFL and CELPIP exams. I strongly believe the CELPIP test is the worst. For one thing, there are a very few materials available on the internet for the CELPIP. Unless you want to pay a lot to get the permission to download some materials from the CELPIP site. Still, you do not get enough to prepare yourself for the test. So, you are not confident what kind of test you are dealing with. On the other hand, you can find enough materials including the free tutoring videos for the IELTS exam. For another thing, as mentioned the rating system is a disaster and it is suffering from the lack of consistency. How is that possible someone whose English is good enough that he or she can get 11 or 12 out of 12 in reading and listening sections to get 7 or 8 in writing and speaking parts? As you know the last two parts get corrected by human raters, unlike the listening and reading parts which are corrected by a machine. In the other related forums, you can see that a lot of test takers are complaining about their scores. So, I advise you elaborate carefully before taking the test.
Completely agree with you, CELPIP marking is ridiculous. When CELPIP started, they were giving good score to everyone but now it's standard has gone down drastically. I guess they did this to gain popularity and attract more people to take CELPIP. They are deliberately giving low score to candidates so that people keep applying for reevaluation and they keep getting extra money without needing to put any extra effort.
It's better to go for IELTS as I have never heard bad feedback about their marking standards.

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
e

Completely agree with you, CELPIP marking is ridiculous. When CELPIP started, they were giving good score to everyone but now it's standard has gone down drastically. I guess they did this to gain popularity and attract more people to take CELPIP. They are deliberately giving low score to candidates so that people keep applying for reevaluation and they keep getting extra money without needing to put any extra effort.
It's better to go for IELTS as I have never heard bad feedback about their marking standards.
agreed do not do celpip....their marking for W and S is the worst...got L11 R10 but S8 and W7(!!!!!!) and this was second time doing the test! have submitted re-evaluation 6 days ago!hope they bump up me writing to 8 i really need it I am at 434 now!

Maliha123

Mar 13, 2018
Can anyone please provide me cwlpip preparation material and tips for the same. Also, send me the invitation for cel

thor07

Apr 15, 2018
Agreed! DONT TAKE THIS EXAM, wait and give your IELTS. Save your money, I've wasted money on exams, re-exams and re-evaluations. Its very hard to get 9 in all the sections, do yourself a favor and keep away from CELPIP.
It's the worst

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I took TOEFL a few years ago but I know nothing about IELTS... And I hate handwriting... Should I still go with CELPIP if I don't need 9s in SPEAKING and WRITING? You guys scared me a lot :(