+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Exam experience

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Celpip is ridiculous. Got 7 in speaking, 8 in writing and listening, and 12 in reading. i cannot comment on speaking, but 8 in writing and listening is not something that i expected. Had given Ielts before, and scores were much better.

Reactions: CANADA2002

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
I think I did really poorly on the Speaking section, despite being a native English speaker. I got really nervous talking about rather personal topics in a starkly silent room full of strangers trying to take a test and a frowning test proctor sitting right behind me, so I think I spoke too quietly and with a shaky voice. My sentences were very choppy, I said "um" and paused a lot, and often abruptly rephrased midway through a sentence.

If I indeed failed that section, would it be possible to retake only the Speaking section and amend my scores with that?

I just took it yesterday, so I have to wait 8 more business days to find out how badly I did .
Omg, I had the exact same experience! I know this post is from awhile back but could you let us know your speaking score?

rinta2084

May 6, 2015
I gave CELPIP 3 times but I found that they do not have any standardised system, basically, they are still in a developing stage and making money from the people. However, IELTS is really a well-reputed test, you can find tons of practice material free. I gave this test before immigrating to Canada, as a matter of fact, I got 7 in IELTS speaking but after spending 7 years in Canada even CELPIP is not giving me 8 in speaking ( I got 6 twice and the third time 7 ). I believe their system is not fair enough to judge English level. You can imagine stress level in the real exam when you have to attempt full extra tasks in Listening and Reading ( so-called unscored items for development purposes ). Listening part looks like a memory test rather than checking your listening level and Reading seems a confusing test rather checking your real reading ability.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I gave CELPIP 3 times but I found that they do not have any standardised system, basically, they are still in a developing stage and making money from the people. However, IELTS is really a well-reputed test, you can find tons of practice material free. I gave this test before immigrating to Canada, as a matter of fact, I got 7 in IELTS speaking but after spending 7 years in Canada even CELPIP is not giving me 8 in speaking ( I got 6 twice and the third time 7 ). I believe their system is not fair enough to judge English level. You can imagine stress level in the real exam when you have to attempt full extra tasks in Listening and Reading ( so-called unscored items for development purposes ). Listening part looks like a memory test rather than checking your listening level and Reading seems a confusing test rather checking your real reading ability.
IELTS isn't the best either, if you specify the country name you are applying for, they'd deliberately give you a score that would make you do the test again (money minded). I heard this from a lot of folks so when I gave my IELTS, I entered "other" in country applying for, got the score required. Just to share. :)

Reactions: Rukhsar2590

Ali12901290

Jan 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
Did anyone take CELPIP exam recently? Please post your recent questions so that it will be useful for upcoming CELPIP tests . Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Reactions: jags12

Dr sukhwinder

Jun 11, 2020
I advise you to never go for celpip. Because in first go they don’t even study your answers. They just give scores according to their whims and fancies. They wait for you to spend money on re-evaluation to even mark your answers . I know because in first go i scored 8 in writing and than they increased it to 11.. And they will increase your score in one module only . They will never give 9 in both speaking and writing.
Best is to try ielts . But do go for re evaluation in that too. These days they even play gamble when you reach mark of 8777.

Reactions: andy.invr

mrinal1979

Feb 21, 2021
Please let me know if anyone faced similar problem which I faced yesterday during CELPIP test in one of the centers in Toronto.

Last 3 sections of ‘READING’ test got REPEATEDTWICE’ for me. Due to this system glitch, I am so much worried if it impacts on my ‘Reading score’.

Part 2: Reading to Apply a Diagram - This section got REPEATED TWICE

Part 3: Reading for Information
- This section got REPEATED TWICE

Part 4: Reading for Viewpoints
- This section got REPEATED TWICE

andy.invr

Feb 27, 2021
I took CELPIP multiple times to recognise that it is such a scam. They always find an excuse to mark either one of your scores at 8. For example, I got 8 for the first 2 tries in Speaking, but all other skills were above 10. Then, on my 3rd try, their test room was noisy with some people spoke outside, which caused me an 8 in listening (others are 10). Complained but they refused to compensate. On my 4th try, they gave me 9 on other skills but 8 in writing (not mention that their test center brought someone in the middle of the test, super unprofessional). WTF!. My Ielts speaking & listening is consistently 7.5 and 8.5-9. Don't take this one except you prepare to give them free money.

andy.invr

Feb 27, 2021
I advise you to never go for celpip. Because in first go they don’t even study your answers. They just give scores according to their whims and fancies. They wait for you to spend money on re-evaluation to even mark your answers . I know because in first go i scored 8 in writing and than they increased it to 11.. And they will increase your score in one module only . They will never give 9 in both speaking and writing.
Best is to try ielts . But do go for re evaluation in that too. These days they even play gamble when you reach mark of 8777.
I should read your review earlier. They are terrible and exactly as what you said, they randomly marked one skill at 8. Ielts is a little trouble because of the location & handwriting, but definitely it is way more accurate and fair compared with this suck. :)

Reactions: sonna1235

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I took CELPIP multiple times to recognise that it is such a scam. They always find an excuse to mark either one of your scores at 8. For example, I got 8 for the first 2 tries in Speaking, but all other skills were above 10. Then, on my 3rd try, their test room was noisy with some people spoke outside, which caused me an 8 in listening (others are 10). Complained but they refused to compensate. On my 4th try, they gave me 9 on other skills but 8 in writing (not mention that their test center brought someone in the middle of the test, super unprofessional). WTF!. My Ielts speaking & listening is consistently 7.5 and 8.5-9. Don't take this one except you prepare to give them free money.
There’s nothing wrong with CELPIP at all

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020
I should read your review earlier. They are terrible and exactly as what you said, they randomly marked one skill at 8. Ielts is a little trouble because of the location & handwriting, but definitely it is way more accurate and fair compared with this suck. :)
there is a computer based IELTS too, you do all the parts on computer except speaking. Much easier and better than CELPIP

Reactions: andy.invr

andy.invr

Feb 27, 2021
There’s nothing wrong with CELPIP at all
Agree. Celpip is super easy.
It was, but no longer. Do you know what they gave me at the last exam I mentioned? They gave me everything but 8 in writing. haha and you think I'm stupid to accept that, remark and got 10 just now. It is so obvious that the grader intentionally gave me one score below 9 by any chance, and cuz I filled a complaint about my speaking section that was interrupted, they just let me go and marked 8 in writing. Idk when you guys took the test, but from my first attempt last year to this one, it has become uglier and uglier. Easy, maybe, but fair, no.
Talking about this scam, I can do this all day!!!