+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Work Experience Calculation

saifssj6

Jul 9, 2019
I don’t get your question. For EE, if you quit after AOR, that’s fine in general as the points you claimed for work experience experience is already completed / earned as indicated in your reference letter. But if you have job offer points claimed from a closed work permit, then you’re obligated to stay until you receive your PR. If you quit while your PR is in progress, you’ll be no longer eligible for the job offer points. You’ll have to inform IRCC, then they’ll deduct 50 points, recalculate your CRS if it’s still above cut off. If not, then your app will be refused.
I apologies I should have put in more info, i am on open work permit
there was a temporary TR to PR program open on the 6th, where they were taking 40,000 applicants and the condition was to be "currently" employed.
Since being employed was a criteria, losing employment would make them reject my application right?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I apologies I should have put in more info, i am on open work permit
there was a temporary TR to PR program open on the 6th, where they were taking 40,000 applicants and the condition was to be "currently" employed.
Since being employed was a criteria, losing employment would make them reject my application right?
I see. It says you should be employed when you submit your application. I couldn’t find anything that says you should continue to hold the same job during the duration of your application. Wait for others though. It’s a new pathway so can’t say much but err on the side of caution.