+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC with foreign work experience

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
You misunderstood my question...Can I claim points for certificate of qualification which I obtained from British Columbia..under cec in express entry?
Check your noc job code and go through qualifications and licences required and if it something you can get from a registered college the yes example mine I can have a qualification from Ontario colleges of trades and u see cec I can get points for it

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Reactions: Pgill2609

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I am having a serious confusion with my Express Entry Profile as I am thinking to put my profile in Express Entry pool next month.
I am having one year of Job experience in Canada (Currently Working), so that will make me eligible for CEC.
But I want to add my foreign work experience from back home which is as below:

Job 1: College lecturer (Mechanical): 10 Months NOC 4021
Job 2: Mechanical Design Engineer: 6 Months (straight away from my first job)
Job 3: College Lecturer (Mechanical): 8 Months (Had a gap between job 2 and job 3) NOC 4021.

I already have one year of continuous experience in canada so can I claim my points for foreign work experience as well?
Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Guys, I did not show my 1 year of work experience from india when i applied for my study permit can i show that for my express entry ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,
I am having a serious confusion with my Express Entry Profile as I am thinking to put my profile in Express Entry pool next month.
I am having one year of Job experience in Canada (Currently Working), so that will make me eligible for CEC.
But I want to add my foreign work experience from back home which is as below:

Job 1: College lecturer (Mechanical): 10 Months NOC 4021
Job 2: Mechanical Design Engineer: 6 Months (straight away from my first job)
Job 3: College Lecturer (Mechanical): 8 Months (Had a gap between job 2 and job 3) NOC 4021.

I already have one year of continuous experience in canada so can I claim my points for foreign work experience as well?
Yes, as long as you can document the experience...

Reactions: Parth Jani

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Yes, as long as you can document the experience...
Thanks a ton sir as you clarified it. I do have all the documents to support (Reference letters, Salary slips, Joining Letter, Relieving letter ) my foreign experience. but the NOC for Job 1 and Job 2 is different, which I forgot to mention.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
but the NOC for Job 1 and Job 2 is different, which I forgot to mention.
Doesn´t matter, as long as they are both Skilled NOCs (O, A, or B).

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi all,

I will be doing my permanent resident application next year under CEC as I will complete one year of Canadian work experience. I tried to apply only on the basis of my education in Canada and foreign work experience (India), however, my crs score is not reaching up to the cut-off. I wanted to ask that, what documents do I require for foreign work experience other than an employment letter? Do I need pay stubs and bank statements both or just pay stubs or just bank statements? Also, do I need for the last six months of employment or the whole duration of employment?

Thank you in advance. Prompt answers appreciated.

Regards,
Shravan

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Hi all,

I will be doing my permanent resident application next year under CEC as I will complete one year of Canadian work experience. I tried to apply only on the basis of my education in Canada and foreign work experience (India), however, my crs score is not reaching up to the cut-off. I wanted to ask that, what documents do I require for foreign work experience other than an employment letter? Do I need pay stubs and bank statements both or just pay stubs or just bank statements? Also, do I need for the last six months of employment or the whole duration of employment?

Thank you in advance. Prompt answers appreciated.

Regards,
Shravan
Hi, for my application I only gave them an employment letter for my foreign work experience. As for the points for foreign experience, that would depend on the years of experience you worked and the IELTS score you have as well. And all other points can get from different aspects like education, status, age, experience etc... You can check your crs score based on their criteria charts.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
or you can do it manually,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

hope that helps. keep safe! Good luck!

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi, for my application I only gave them an employment letter for my foreign work experience. As for the points for foreign experience, that would depend on the years of experience you worked and the IELTS score you have as well. And all other points can get from different aspects like education, status, age, experience etc... You can check your crs score based on their criteria charts.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
or you can do it manually,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

hope that helps. keep safe! Good luck!
Thank you so much, just on the basis of employment letter they accepted it, right ? I do have pay stubs can I attach to be on safer side ?

Reactions: 123ganda

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Thank you so much, just on the basis of employment letter they accepted it, right ? I do have pay stubs can I attach to be on safer side ?
If you have the pay stub I think you can attach it to be sure. I dont have any pay stub thats why I couldnt include it. But for the rest of my work experience in Canada, I included either my T4 or some recent pay stubs.
Good luck!