+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC with foreign work experience

Aug 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are having a great weekend.
I am a CEC applicant in Express entry.I have One year continous work experience in canada with required and qualified NOC.
I want to claim points for the foreign work experience but I have a small doubt
Company A- Business Development Executive-9 months
Company B- Associate-Business Excellence-4 months
Both the jobs have similar job duties and I have gap of month(which is fine as I have conitnous one year experience in canada).

So Can claim points for my foreign experience with different NOCs?or I can modify them to be the same

Thanks

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am a CEC applicant in Express entry.I have One year continous work experience in canada with required and qualified NOC.
Both the jobs have similar job duties and I have gap of month(which is fine as I have conitnous one year experience in canada).

So Can claim points for my foreign experience with different NOCs?or I can modify them to be the same

Thanks
NOC's matter only upto the job description/Job duties match rest points & Eligibility is not a matter of concern, Hope this helps!

Aug 18, 2019
NOC's matter only upto the job description/Job duties match rest points & Eligibility is not a matter of concern, Hope this helps!
thanks for the reply.I just wanted to know that Can I claim points for two different NOCs from back home?? As I have one year continous experience from Canada.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
thanks for the reply.I just wanted to know that Can I claim points for two different NOCs from back home?? As I have one year continous experience from Canada.
Yes, You can claim point upto 3 years of forgien experience with valid job letter & on appropriate NOC's

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
You can apply with your present NOC i.e. the CEC one. That will make you eligible for EE as CEC.
Now the foreign work experience which you are going to add in addition to torn CEC for getting more points need to not be continuous since you qualify with 1 year of CEC work experience. Even if the foreign experience is with a different NOC than the one your CEC one will not have any bearing on the points.
So you will get points for CEC and 1 year of foreign work experience

Aug 18, 2019
You can apply with your present NOC i.e. the CEC one. That will make you eligible for EE as CEC.
Now the foreign work experience which you are going to add in addition to torn CEC for getting more points need to not be continuous since you qualify with 1 year of CEC work experience. Even if the foreign experience is with a different NOC than the one your CEC one will not have any bearing on the points.
So you will get points for CEC and 1 year of foreign work experience
Thanks man. So I am claiming points for two years:1 year for Canada and 9+4 months from back home with all of three jobs having different Nocs.
Now my CRS jumps to 471 ;)

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
haha thats funny
Hi sorry to jump straight in , this was interesting to read. Have I understood correctly , I will be applying in Jan with 1 year cec experience however I have two noc that give me 2 years each as foreign experience but I had vacations and maternity leave in forgein experience will this still count . One of the noc foreign is the same job I’m doing here but better in duties.