+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Who's waiting for Security?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hi, got any update yet? My security also started in May 2023 and still on going. I applied in June 2022.
There are several key steps in the comprehensive security, maybe these will be helpful for understanding the steps..
1. The csis part. If csis says your security is in progress. We can do nothing but waiting the screening.
2. If csis part is done, it will return to CBSA, (The cbsa note will reflect this)
3. CBSA will return the results to IRCC for the final decision.
In general, most C-check will last 9-18 months (the starting time is when the document is sent to security check, it is completely different from AR/AOR date, you can find this time in cbsa note), while some will be longer such as 2 years.

Reactions: bilh1

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
I have noticed a slight trend through different time frames. I am interested to know who is only waiting for Security to be completed and how long have you been waiting?
AOR 17th Nov
GU2 25th Jan.
Called IRCC 26th Jan. Eligibility, Info sharing and Criminality passed/completed. Security not started.
My Security started in 10 August 2024 and still under processing

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
Hi,
AOR Mar 2023
My security is in progress since May 2023, rest all completed
They extended my medicals recently.
But still the security is in progress
Same here! My security check is started on 10 August 2023 . Still in progress Been 28 months since I applied for my PR application

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Same here! My security check is started on 10 August 2023 . Still in progress Been 28 months since I applied for my PR application
I am in a Spousal PR and we have been in process since May of 2022. We have everything completed and received Pre arrival in August of 2023. Since then no updates. We are in Security screening. We have had our medicals done 3 times and our NBI done 3 times, which just expired again in February 2024. There is no criminal history at all with my husband, so I'm not sure what is happening. We also ordered the GCMS notes and it is still the same as in 2023. My goodness, how long does this take and why does it feel like you can get no information from the IRCC once this criminality and security has started. our VO is manila.

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I am in a Spousal PR and we have been in process since May of 2022. We have everything completed and received Pre arrival in August of 2023. Since then no updates. We are in Security screening. We have had our medicals done 3 times and our NBI done 3 times, which just expired again in February 2024. There is no criminal history at all with my husband, so I'm not sure what is happening. We also ordered the GCMS notes and it is still the same as in 2023. My goodness, how long does this take and why does it feel like you can get no information from the IRCC once this criminality and security has started. our VO is manila.
if you are not inland applicants. The security screening time can not be estimated, it can range from 12 months to 30 months..No one knows the exact timeline..

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
if you are not inland applicants. The security screening time can not be estimated, it can range from 12 months to 30 months..No one knows the exact timeline..
Well just my opinion, but its too long for couples waiting to spend their lives together. Inland applicants, enjoy the fact that you are with your loved ones, while in this frustrating process. There are so many things that are just not right with this whole system. Maybe the immigration process needs to be overhauled completely in the future. Just my opinion. Stay positive and strong everyone.

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
Well just my opinion, but its too long for couples waiting to spend their lives together. Inland applicants, enjoy the fact that you are with your loved ones, while in this frustrating process. There are so many things that are just not right with this whole system. Maybe the immigration process needs to be overhauled completely in the future. Just my opinion. Stay positive and strong everyone.
I am so anxious all the time. Mentally Stressed always. Can't focus on work always check gckey and tracker 4 times a day. I'm like losing my mind rn. Already spent 65$ on GCMS

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I am so anxious all the time. Mentally Stressed always. Can't focus on work always check gckey and tracker 4 times a day. I'm like losing my mind rn. Already spent 65$ on GCMS
I'm the same! I'm a changed person since this started. This type of stress is something so deep inside, that if your not on this hellride, you don't understand .
We must keep the faith that there will be an end to this madness and that when this ride comes to a stop, it's positive and something that makes us stronger as a family. Stay strong everyone because all we can do is blindly wait.

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
have u ordered csis note? If csis saied your security is in progress, u should expect 9-18 months security screening. It can be as long as 2 years, but this does not often happen for inland applications.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
have u ordered csis note? If csis saied your security is in progress, u should expect 9-18 months security screening. It can be as long as 2 years, but this does not often happen for inland applications.
Yes, I have multiple times. We are Outland, its difficult being apart so long. Denied TRV, he doesn't have strong enough ties in his homeland. And with me working full time, it's hard to get a long vacation to go there. I think all these things should be taken into consideration when you are in the system and process. But, they don't care. Maybe if I quit my job, sell our home and go on unemployment, have no where to live, not pay my taxes and bills, or support canada, then I can visit him for a long vacation. char!!!
And as I said , inland applicants are extremely lucky that they get to be with there loved ones. To wake up with them, sleep with them, have a daily life together. One day our turn will come, I pray for each and every one of us. God bless us stay strong!!!!!

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
Yes i order CSIS, its still in progress. Many many act
15(1),16(l)(a), 16(l)(c), 19(1) and 24(1)

CSIS note from December 19

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
Jumping on the boat!

CEC Inland
2023 Sep 8 AOR
2023 Dec 8 Bio metrics done
2024 Jan 08 Medical extended (Jan.09, 2025)
2024 Jan 10 Eligibility compelete, Background has been changed to in progress
2024 Feb 27 I got GU on Tracker >> I called to IRCC and they say nothing has changed(????)

Still waiting security check..

Criminality : pass
Info sharing: complete
Security: In progress

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
There are several key steps in the comprehensive security, maybe these will be helpful for understanding the steps..
1. The csis part. If csis says your security is in progress. We can do nothing but waiting the screening.
2. If csis part is done, it will return to CBSA, (The cbsa note will reflect this)
3. CBSA will return the results to IRCC for the final decision.
In general, most C-check will last 9-18 months (the starting time is when the document is sent to security check, it is completely different from AR/AOR date, you can find this time in cbsa note), while some will be longer such as 2 years.
What does the due date mean on CBSA notes? Any idea why they take so long for inland applicants too? This is totally unjust:/

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
What does the due date mean on CBSA notes? Any idea why they take so long for inland applicants too? This is totally unjust:/
I read it somewhere, due date is system generated, its changed automatically to a new due date when it pass.