Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Joining this boat.
AOR September 29, 2023
Eligibility completed
Criminality in progress
Security Not Started

Vancouver VO
Indeed, Security not started does not mean comprehensive security screening. It simply indicates your case is still waiting VO to check your case. If you case is fine, it's DONE. (No C-check). Otherwise, you case will be sent to comprehensive security screening (1-2 years).

shihabmh

Mar 16, 2024
My application was received 6th July 2021 and everything has passed and has been on security since 18th August 2022. Every time I check with IRCC (as well as my local MP checking monthly) security is still pending. I know people who submitted their applications more than a year after me and now they have their PR. This is super frustrating.

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
My application was received 6th July 2021 and everything has passed and has been on security since 18th August 2022. Every time I check with IRCC (as well as my local MP checking monthly) security is still pending. I know people who submitted their applications more than a year after me and now they have their PR. This is super frustrating.
Sorry to hear that, which immigration program are you applying?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
What does the due date mean on CBSA notes? Any idea why they take so long for inland applicants too? This is totally unjust:/
Actually the comprehensive security processing time for inland applicants (I mean the people who submit and wait the application in Canada) are shorter than outland. For example, for the inland, the security processing time ranges from 9-18 months and a small portion with 2 years or so. But for outland applications, actually there is no exact timeline for the comprehensive security screening. It can be even longer than three years.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Indeed, Security not started does not mean comprehensive security screening. It simply indicates your case is still waiting VO to check your case. If you case is fine, it's DONE. (No C-check). Otherwise, you case will be sent to comprehensive security screening (1-2 years).
How do you know which one you are in?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, I have multiple times. We are Outland, its difficult being apart so long. Denied TRV, he doesn't have strong enough ties in his homeland. And with me working full time, it's hard to get a long vacation to go there. I think all these things should be taken into consideration when you are in the system and process. But, they don't care. Maybe if I quit my job, sell our home and go on unemployment, have no where to live, not pay my taxes and bills, or support canada, then I can visit him for a long vacation. char!!!
And as I said , inland applicants are extremely lucky that they get to be with there loved ones. To wake up with them, sleep with them, have a daily life together. One day our turn will come, I pray for each and every one of us. God bless us stay strong!!!!!
I just came across you recent posts and see that your battle continues. I must say you case seems to be taking an extraordinary amount of time. I can't offer much more than the standard advice to tough it out and wait, since, short of the possibility of a mandamus application, not much you or anyone else can do the build a fire under the IRCC.

Our application was in the works for 10 months and that was stressful enough, even though I was able to spend months in the Phils each year, after the Covid restrictions were lifted on Feb. 10/22. The length of time you are looking at would indeed be depressing and enervating.

Btw, it seems clear that your husband is Filipino. A comment you made awhile ago suggests you are maybe Filipino as well. Not that that should have any effect on your application.

Wishing you some good news soon.

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
I am so anxious all the time. Mentally Stressed always. Can't focus on work always check gckey and tracker 4 times a day. I'm like losing my mind rn. Already spent 65$ on GCMS
But no need spending money on gcms notes when you can get it free. All the notes, from ircc, cbsa and csis are free.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
But no need spending money on gcms notes when you can get it free. All the notes, from ircc, cbsa and csis are free.
I would be interested in knowing how to get the notes free from ircc? The ones for csis are free, but usually just a letter, the detailed notes are the gcms notes, how do you get them free?