+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Who's waiting for Security?

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Hello,
It's been 10 months since i submitted my PR application (through PNP). Criminality and info sharing are complete but it does not say anything in front of security. so it means that security is still going on? how long should i wait? How o I know if they are doing a comprehensive security check?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,
It's been 10 months since i submitted my PR application (through PNP). Criminality and info sharing are complete but it does not say anything in front of security. so it means that security is still going on? how long should i wait? How o I know if they are doing a comprehensive security check?
Your GCMS notes should show if you are in comprehensive security screening.

That said, Security could be initiated in the background, but not manually updated in the GCMS system until much later.

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
The word "comprehensive background check" or "comprehensive security check" is not in my GCMS. does it mean that its not comprehensive then?
You need to find out when your security was initiated and started. If it's more than 3 months, it does suggest that it's a comprehensive screening.

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
You need to find out when your security was initiated and started. If it's more than 3 months, it does suggest that it's a comprehensive screening.
It does not say anything about security in my GCMS. but on my tracker account, it says that my background check started in August 2023. So it means that they are doing a comprehensive security check and how long does that usually take?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
How is that? That's not usually the ideal. All officers are expected to document their activities real time on the gcms. Yours might have been a record check that started and got finalised same day.
Security involves a lot of different checks that don’t always show up on GCMS by design. It is literally the way the system has operated almost since inception.

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
It does not say anything about security in my GCMS. but on my tracker account, it says that my background check started in August 2023. So it means that they are doing a comprehensive security check and how long does that usually take?
Your GCMS CBSA or IRCC?

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Actually the comprehensive security processing time for inland applicants (I mean the people who submit and wait the application in Canada) are shorter than outland. For example, for the inland, the security processing time ranges from 9-18 months and a small portion with 2 years or so. But for outland applications, actually there is no exact timeline for the comprehensive security screening. It can be even longer than three years.
Can you tell me where you obtained this information? And, any idea why a file would go into such lengthy security checks?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Can you tell me where you obtained this information? And, any idea why a file would go into such lengthy security checks?
There is no official information about security screening. Indeed security screening is case by case, no one knows why or how long your case will process. If you wait too long for security, you can writ mandamus.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
There is no official information about security screening. Indeed security screening is case by case, no one knows why or how long your case will process. If you wait too long for security, you can writ mandamus.
Its sad that with all the stress this process puts you through, that you end up going to a writ of mandamus and at a costly strain as well. This is such an archaic system. The ircc should be able to tell you why you went into a long security, even the GCMS notes don't tell you. And getting information from a file overseas, other than Canada, is almost impossible.

Let's just keep the faith everyone, hopefully we all get good news soon

Reactions: jmdbsa

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
My security screening was initiated on the 28th of February and received by CBSA on the 29th of February, 2024, according to the cbsa note I received today. Type of security is security screening. I also requested for CSIS note same time and got them today. According to the csis letter, request from cbsa came on the 29th of February...and completed by CSIS same day, and sent back to CBSA.
What next at this point?
My medical expired in March.

Nataly_

Sep 27, 2023
I am not CEC applicant, I am NON EE PNP inland. My security is not started since January 12.
See my signature