+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Who's waiting for Security?

IndianaJones43

Jul 13, 2023
From where I can check these notes. I need to check update on my profile as well but I do not how and where to check cbsa updates.

ajmendoza

Jan 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. Anyone here experienced their Security check cane first as PASSED while eligibility and criminality still in progress?

Any ideas what to expect next?

Thank you all.

berinicepadua

Sep 8, 2023
I called IRCC via Viber after receiving an email from the portal earlier. They said we are already passed in medical and criminality, only security and eligibility are left. When our MP also confirmed this to us in July they put criminality passed, security, medical, and eligibility not started. We then received a medical a month after last August 16 and passed medical reflected in Gckey last Sept 4. Today ADR status changed to being reviewed.

ADR was pcc, I'm 5669, imm5406, and NBI, how long will they review the background check if only security is left?

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
Looks like I might be one of the slowest:

AOR Oct 27 2022
ME requested Jan 13 2023 - Attended Jan 14
ADR requested Jan 16 2023 - schedule A, submitted same day might be why security is taking so long
GU Jan 17 2023 - ADR -> Not Applicable
Med Passed Jan 21 2023

Crimility - Passed
Eligibility - Passed
Secutiry - In Progress since Jan 18 2023
VO - CPC Ottawa
Hey! similar AOR here, Nov 5th 2022. VO Etobicoke. Stuck in CSIS SS

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
Hi, how do you know if it's with CSIS or CBSA?
According to CSIS, my screening is still in process. My Spouse's (dependent applicant) is being processed by CBSA. I filed an ATIP request (similar to GCMS notes) to CSIS to ask about the status of the security screening process. I also asked for CBSA notes.

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
According to CSIS, my screening is still in process. My Spouse's (dependent applicant) is being processed by CBSA. I filed an ATIP request (similar to GCMS notes) to CSIS to ask about the status of the security screening process. I also asked for CBSA notes.
I applied for cbsa notes but it doesn’t say anything about security check being in progress by cbsa, it just says in progress. Is there a specific section I need to look at? My file is in security since May 2023.

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
I applied for cbsa notes but it doesn’t say anything about security check being in progress by cbsa, it just says in progress. Is there a specific section I need to look at? My file is in security since May 2023.
It's under the section subactivities, under status code. In my file it is page 10/27

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?
That's normal and happens to some people. The status might not even be updated until approval. No need to worry.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
That's normal and happens to some people. The status might not even be updated until approval. No need to worry.
also strange thing is that Initially Medical was passed its still valid till April 2024 but now medical status is Not started.

How come they passed it in July 2023 and I have GCMS Notes saying passed too and now it says not started? is that something refusal can be expected so they changed the medicals back to not started but if thats the case how come they passed security and criminality..

Very frustating and confusing

Thank You.

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
also strange thing is that Initially Medical was passed its still valid till April 2024 but now medical status is Not started.

How come they passed it in July 2023 and I have GCMS Notes saying passed too and now it says not started? is that something refusal can be expected so they changed the medicals back to not started but if thats the case how come they passed security and criminality..

Very frustating and confusing

Thank You.
From what I've seen on this forum, the statuses may be wonky. Sometimes they re-evaluate the medicals closer to finalization. If it was passed the first time, then there is probably nothing to worry about.