+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC t4 slip does not match year on my job reference letter

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
Hello good people!,
I worked for a company that split their projects up into different companies for accounting purposes. So company A owns company B, C and D and I am paid directly by companies B, C and D. In my job reference letter it states that I was employed in 2021 with company B,C and D. However this is not correct because i did not receive a T4 slip for 2021 for company D. My t4 slip for 2022 shows company D. Since I have to upload t4 for proof of employment, will this discrepancy cause any issues? i have all B, C and D on my T4s its just that 1 mix up of the year

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Just include a letter of explanation clarifying (with evidence) that the latter 3 companies are all subsidiaries of company A, and that the difference in tax slips are purely a by-product of their accounting rules.

frostpunk2023

Star Member
Jan 15, 2023
Hello good people!,
I worked for a company that split their projects up into different companies for accounting purposes. So company A owns company B, C and D and I am paid directly by companies B, C and D. In my job reference letter it states that I was employed in 2021 with company B,C and D. However this is not correct because i did not receive a T4 slip for 2021 for company D. My t4 slip for 2022 shows company D. Since I have to upload t4 for proof of employment, will this discrepancy cause any issues? i have all B, C and D on my T4s its just that 1 mix up of the year
T4s are generated on which year emoloyees received the 'payment'. So did you receive all the payments in 2021 but they generated T4 for 2022?