+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

DerekGe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
The only advice I can give is most of us are in the same boat and it's a wait game. My AOR is Sept 2nd and I spoke to IRCC agent today and literally no progress for the application since Oct 2021. VO CPC-Ottawa. Eligibility passed and Security not started.
Thank you for sharing the info. Well I agree with you it's a waiting game. But just understress sometimes when you keep thinking it. Also my current WP will expire in the mid of this year, I may need to talk to my emplyer to help extend it or apply the bridgh WP. Wish we all can have some good news soon.

Reactions: RPA_Van

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
The only advice I can give is most of us are in the same boat and it's a wait game. My AOR is Sept 2nd and I spoke to IRCC agent today and literally no progress for the application since Oct 2021. VO CPC-Ottawa. Eligibility passed and Security not started.
Same timelines. AOR 1 Sep.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
what is your VO and current BG state? Have you start security or crimnality check already?
My BG status shows - Application in progress. They will inform when they start the BG check.

I have not called them yet to check for VO or any status update. Waiting to complete six months, then I might check with them.
Calling them to check about the status is of no use now. It will not help in reducing processing time and perhaps will increase anxiety when different agents tell the different status of my application stage.
The files are not moving for the majority of the people; if we start hearing that people started getting emails, then I will be calling them.
As of now, I decided to wait until Feb 28th.
Sounds a little strange but I think, I should wait to complete 180 days.

Reactions: DerekGe

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
For anyone wondering which EE streams are being processed, it's FSW and PNP streams.

Evidence is the following tracker:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

You can filter by the PPR column to see which applications have been approved in the last month, you'll notice a lack of CEC approvals.

So if you're anticipating movement or wondering why there hasn't been any movement in your file, it's because we've (CEC) been deprioritized until further notice. @GandiBaat pointed out a while ago that the IRCC may be waiting for the Government to provide the 2022 immigration plan to decide what to do with the remaining CEC applications, hard to know if he's right, but it sure looks like it's going in that direction. While I don't have any proof, I have a gut feeling we're going to be waiting until late 2022/early 2023. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So if you're anticipating movement or wondering why there hasn't been any movement in your file, it's because we've (CEC) been deprioritized until further notice. @GandiBaat pointed out a while ago that the IRCC may be waiting for the Government to provide the 2022 immigration plan to decide what to do with the remaining CEC applications, hard to know if he's right, but it sure looks like it's going in that direction. While I don't have any proof, I have a gut feeling we're going to be waiting until late 2022/early 2023. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
When it comes to IRCC, I have given up any kind of hope of progress. I wont be surprised if after 15-20 years, I am still waiting for even a god damned ghost update.

That being said, typically, in a year there used to be < 20% CECs, many lawyers have alluded to it as well. Currently you have 24.6K CEC pending and 95K non CEC pending. That means more or less 20% CECs.. So you are likely to see 2 CECs in 10 applications processed, if everything is fair and uniform.

Last edited:

DerekGe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
For anyone wondering which EE streams are being processed, it's FSW and PNP streams.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

You can filter by the PPR column to see which applications have been approved in the last month, you'll notice a lack of CEC approvals.

Well hope you are wrong in the last part lol. The CEC suppose to be fastest stream. Most of us currently have job and we pay taxes. If they don’t PPR the Inland people asap we will have WP expire problem etc… Dude I really hope there is a solution on the way.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Well hope you are wrong in the last part lol. The CEC suppose to be fastest stream. Most of us currently have job and we pay taxes. If they don’t PPR the Inland people asap we will have WP expire problem etc… Dude I really hope there is a solution on the way.
Agreed.

The last 2 months were different than the usual one.
There is pressure from Provinces that they are not getting enough people under PNP, and that is why I guess PNP stream was prioritized.

But ignoring cec for r longer time is impractical.

I still trust IRCC, and decision makers.
For sure they will understand the consequences of ignoring cec for a longer period.

For them, CEC is the best and safest stream to pick, people who studied here, worked here and know the culture and adjusted well in this environment.
The other advantage is, 50-60% of the process is already completed for these people while granting them study and work permits.
So don't think any sensible person can ignore these advantages.

Don't lose hope guys, we will get it soon.

Jgolbel

Nov 17, 2021

That’s why we are getting 2 years Bowp

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Agreed.

The last 2 months were different than the usual one.
There is pressure from Provinces that they are not getting enough people under PNP, and that is why I guess PNP stream was prioritized.

But ignoring cec for r longer time is impractical.

I still trust IRCC, and decision makers.
For sure they will understand the consequences of ignoring cec for a longer period.

For them, CEC is the best and safest stream to pick, people who studied here, worked here and know the culture and adjusted well in this environment.
The other advantage is, 50-60% of the process is already completed for these people while granting them study and work permits.
So don't think any sensible person can ignore these advantages.

Don't lose hope guys, we will get it soon.
I agree, we must not lose hope. I haven't lost hope, I accept that the wait may be longer than anticipated. :)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Objectively speaking, typically one fourth of all landings are economic immigrant landings. Now coming to the recent commitment to land 147K folks in the first quarter... that should give us about 37K landings. There are 54K FSW + 39K PNP + 24K CEC backlog. If they allocate 15K to PNP and 22K to FSW it will be 33K FSW, 25K PNP and 24K CEC in march in backlog. About 83K still pending. By mid of the year if they keep the same tempo and distribute evenly it will be 20K FSW, 12K PNP and 11K CEC. So by mid year they can hope for starting the FSW and CEC again. By third quarter, they will be able to reduce FSW to 5-6K and be done with PNP and CEC backlog.

That is what I guess we are looking at... Our applications getting processed by third quarter or at worst first quarter next year.

Now they have said that they do not want to increase slippage in new applications... if it all has any meaning, I am not sure what they are planning to do. If they want to maximize reduction in processing delay, they will hold our applications till the last moment of six months and process other ahead of us. Then will jump and finish our applications to ensure there is no further additional delay. Its too much of jumping however. I am trying to see evidence for this if it exists at all... but these days there is no activity in July or June threads as well. I guess we should ask how many folks are remaining in those threads.

Last edited:

rkukretti

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Objectively speaking, typically one fourth of all landings are economic immigrant landings. Now coming to the recent commitment to land 147K folks in the first quarter... that should give us about 37K landings. There are 54K FSW + 39K PNP + 24K CEC backlog. If they allocate 15K to PNP and 22K to FSW it will be 33K FSW, 25K PNP and 24K CEC in march in backlog. About 83K still pending. By mid of the year if they keep the same tempo and distribute evenly it will be 20K FSW, 12K PNP and 11K CEC. So by mid year they can hope for starting the FSW and CEC again. By third quarter, they will be able to reduce FSW to 5-6K and be done with PNP and CEC backlog.

That is what I guess we are looking at... Our applications getting processed by third quarter or at worst first quarter next year.
This assumptions is for CEC Inland and outland applicants both?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
This assumptions is for CEC Inland and outland applicants both?
Its stream wise... IRCC cannot actually tell if an application is inland or outland. Many inland FSW got their application delayed that way.

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022

Now they have said that they do not want to increase slippage in new applications... if it all has any meaning, I am not sure what they are planning to do. If they want to maximize reduction in processing delay, they will hold our applications till the last moment of six months and process other ahead of us. Then will jump and finish our applications to ensure there is no further additional delay. Its too much of jumping however. I am trying to see evidence for this if it exists at all... but these days there is no activity in July or June threads as well. I guess we should ask how many folks are remaining in those threads.
That's a damn good point