+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Sorry if I am missing something, but if your passport is expiring then for your PR card too there will be a problem. Have you already applied for the renewal of your passport? BOWP is actually a waste of money and again redundant lengthy form. I had applied for a WP extension which I got in the last week of their SLA timelines, that time I was about to initiate for BOWP since I was not aware it is not required if you have already applied for WP extension.
My passport is already renewed couple of months ago. Can you please explain about WP extensions? I am aware that my PGWP is not complete 3 years and I am still eligible for the rest of the duration. But I haven't applied anything yet. What do you think I should do?

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
How to know about VO? is it mentioned anywhere or through GCMS notes or call only we can get this information?
You need to call them and ask for your VO. My application's primary office is Ottawa, which has a bad reputation for long processing time.

Reactions: RPA_Van

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
My passport is already renewed couple of months ago. Can you please explain about WP extensions? I am aware that my PGWP is not complete 3 years and I am still eligible for the rest of the duration. But I haven't applied anything yet. What do you think I should do?
I am not sure about the process in your case but it looks like a quite generic issue. You did not get the work permit for the complete duration because your passport was expiring. Now I guess the Work permit extension form needs to be filled with a new passport number and as soon as you submit it, you will be getting 4 months window and you do not need to go for BOWP. But for that WP extension also there will be a fee so check which is lesser. I am sure in this group or other threads of this site, you will get the answer to your questions.

Reactions: nimmikuriakose18

aashishleo

Jun 13, 2020
Not sure what happened to some applications but it seems like a common pattern. Most of these pending applications are having similar timelines. Applications submitted during 1-15 Sep, last GUs were around Oct last week after that no updates. Looks like all got stuck for a similar reason.
Same situation with me. AOR Sept 2nd. Last GU was on Oct 2nd and no update after that. Spoke to IRCC Agent today and he said consider no news as good news at this stage and just be patient. Eligibility passed, Medical in progress (old medical), Security not started, Criminality passed. VO CPC Ottawa.

Reactions: RPA_Van

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Same situation with me. AOR Sept 2nd. Last GU was on Oct 2nd and no update after that. Spoke to IRCC Agent today and he said consider no news as good news at this stage and just be patient. Eligibility passed, Medical in progress (old medical), Security not started, Criminality passed. VO CPC Ottawa.
:) "Consider no news as good news" I heard from many, and hoping for all of us.

Good that you at least got some update. Eligibility passed means that's the main factor; not sure why medical is still not done & Security not started.

Mine is AOR 1 Sep; old medical; I guess the same thing is happening in my case too. Somebody is going by 6 months SLA, and do not want to complete it before.

Reactions: aashishleo

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Got portal email yesterday and replied. Will update timeline after receiving eCOPR.
Congratulations! Wonderful news.

What was the last status for these -
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents

Background check
Final decision

Last edited:

henilsarang

Sep 12, 2021
Just got a hold of an ircc customer agent, she told my eligibily and medical is passed, info sharing is complete, background and security is not started, VO : Sydney
Aor: 19 Sep , used old medicals from 2019.

Is anyone in the same situation?
I have a similar situation as you.
Talked with the agent and she said eligibility and medical passed.
Background check is not started yet.