+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

Zonalagate

Nov 16, 2021
For the people here who received their ecoprs , have anyone received their PR cards??
My PR CARD application was submitted on December 3 and its not been touched yet.
anyone having similar experience.
my AOR SEP 07
ECOPR DEC 03, 21
What has happened to your PR CARD Applications?
Thanks

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021
I kept calling ircc and got to contact agent . She said it is in process but didnt tell anything, she said update will be send to your account. I contacted mp , they said only medical passed, no security and criminality started .AOR 3 sept .

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
I kept calling ircc and got to contact agent . She said it is in process but didnt tell anything, she said update will be send to your account. I contacted mp , they said only medical passed, no security and criminality started .AOR 3 sept .
I also got hold of one agent.
Eligibility : Passed
Medical: Passed
Security/Criminality: Not started
Office: CPC Ottawa

Reactions: RPA_Van

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Hi Everyone! I have some questions. What does 'eligibility passed' mean? Isn't be the last stage of the application? And how come an applicant's security and criminality can still be in process while eligibility is passed?

CorvusCorax

Nov 1, 2021
Congratulations! Wonderful news.

What was the last status for these -
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents

Background check
Final decision
Everything unchanged.

Eligibility: reviewing
Medical: passed
Additional Documents: we don't need ...
BGC: processing
Final decision: in progress

Reactions: RPA_Van

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hi Everyone! I have some questions. What does 'eligibility passed' mean? Isn't be the last stage of the application? And how come an applicant's security and criminality can still be in process while eligibility is passed?
Eligibility is where they cross-check all your qualifications, experience, NOC, job responsibilities etc. to recalculate your CRS score at their end. If everything is in order and your CRS doesn’t drop after review below the cut-off score of your draw, you meet the eligibility and pass it. Last step is usually security which initiates after eligibility is met, and at this stage your BGC changes to "In Progress.." from "..Processing..".

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Eligibility is where they cross-check all your qualifications, experience, NOC, job responsibilities etc. to recalculate your CRS score at their end. If everything is in order and your CRS doesn’t drop after review below the cut-off score of your draw, you meet the eligibility and pass it. Last step is usually security which initiates after eligibility is met, and at this stage your BGC changes to "In Progress.." from "..Processing..".
Thanks for the info! One more question, at what point do they verify with other sources about the employment history or documents that are submitted? Is it in eligibility or in the background check? As I believe in eligibility they are only checking if the documents are complete or not, please correct me if I am wrong.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the info! One more question, at what point do they verify with other sources about the employment history or documents that are submitted? Is it in eligibility or in the background check? As I believe in eligibility they are only checking if the documents are complete or not, please correct me if I am wrong.
You’re welcome. The completeness of your application is checked at the R10 (completeness check) stage. Usually MEPs and UCI changes in your MyCIC account are indicative of passing this stage. Whereas, eligibility is to check and confirm your qualifications and eligibility according to your application’s program (FSW, CEC, PNP etc.) and your draw’s cut-off score. So it's eligibility where they might call your references if there is a need (usually not, if you have provided enough documents). The BGC on the other hand is where they check your criminality and scrutinize you for Canada's security. This is where they involve Canada’s defense agencies such as RCMP, CBSA, CSIS etc.

Reactions: Aji11

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
You’re welcome. The completeness of your application is checked at the R10 (completeness check) stage. Usually MEPs and UCI changes in your MyCIC account are indicative of passing this stage. Whereas, eligibility is to check and confirm your qualifications and eligibility according to your application’s program (FSW, CEC, PNP etc.) and your draw’s cut-off score. So it's eligibility where they might call your references if there is a need (usually not, if you have provided enough documents). The BGC on the other hand is where they check your criminality and scrutinize you for Canada's security. This is where they involve Canada’s defense agencies such as RCMP, CBSA, CSIS etc.
Thanks, it is pretty informative. However, I never understood the stages (for example -R10 -completeness check).
Where can this information be found? Like in this case and many other cases - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-september-2021-aor.743358/post-9892879; updates are not sequential or not in a defined pattern.

My AOR is Sep 1, and BGC says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

And I fail to understand this part, what stops them to initiate the processes in parallel? These are independent of each other, after 127 days too if it says " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
The same status was different in Oct.

Something very confusing and frustrating. People have got PR cards 1 month back and here basic stages are not initiated for some.

Last edited:

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
What about Sydney?
I am an Inland applicant with 2 dependants (Inland) being processed by Sydney. Here's my timeline:

AOR: October 4, 2021
MEP (including UCI and previous Biometrics attached): November 10, 2021
VO: Sydney, NS

Update via Call Centre Agent (Jan 2022):
-Eligibility IN PROGRESS (someone is working)
-Criminality PASSED
-Medical PASSED
-Security NOT STARTED

NO GU's so far!

Reactions: deepak@TG

harris_monkey

Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys, IMPORTANT INFO that could be helpful:

I have been waiting for my eCOPR for two weeks at this point after submitting the portal on the 22nd of December.

This morning, I emailed IRCC asking I've been waiting for two weeks while most landings take one week, and I asked for an update.

Low and behold, I just got an email that my eCOPR is available to download.

Now, I don't know if this is just a coincidence or my email actually got through.

Replied to the the email that was in the portal email PDF

Last edited:
Reactions: asiqur and RPA_Van